Release of Cruises and dates

And what interests me is April 2022 -- will celebrate my 80th and would like to be on a Mediterranean or Middle Eastern cruise!   Right now there is one from Dubai to Istanbul for 2021 that looks enticing...  when will the spring 22 cruises be out ??

4 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

And what interests me is April 2022 -- will celebrate my 80th and would like to be on a Mediterranean or Middle Eastern cruise!   Right now there is one from Dubai to Istanbul for 2021 that looks enticing...  when will the spring 22 cruises be out ??

Well, if I had to guess (and I do, because I don't know for sure) I'd say August of 2020 or thereabouts.  It stands to reason, as I'm waiting for the full itinerary for April 2021 for my 60th birthday and we're being told August of 2019...

There are already a few itineraries posted for April '21 but nothing that jumps out and grabs me yet...

You are so young!!

We - by then - will have stopped long flights.  Our next cruise on Splendour San Diego to Miami is likely to be the last time we fly to the US.  Dubai is only 6 hours and Istanbul about 2 so that is very appealing!!  I also really like the itinerary.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

You are so young!!

We - by then - will have stopped long flights.  Our next cruise on Splendour San Diego to Miami is likely to be the last time we fly to the US.  Dubai is only 6 hours and Istanbul about 2 so that is very appealing!!  I also really like the itinerary.

Funny, sometimes I don't feel young!  But I understand about the long flights - our longer flights are usually for Regent cruises and therefore in Business Class, but we flew from South Carolina to San Diego a few weeks ago to see our daughter - 5 hours and change in Economy and it about killed me.  Seriously, it was brutal.  The seat pitch is getting smaller every year and frankly, Americans are getting larger.  Cramming so many people on a plane is just no fun any more.  Coming home from SD, we flew through Dallas instead of Charlotte so it was two separate 2.5 hour legs which was better, but still not fun.  And neither of us flies enough anymore to get upgrades or status with the airlines and the extra cost for First really isn't worth it on a domestic flight...

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2019 at 7:50 AM, UUNetBill said:

Funny, sometimes I don't feel young!  But I understand about the long flights - our longer flights are usually for Regent cruises and therefore in Business Class, but we flew from South Carolina to San Diego a few weeks ago to see our daughter - 5 hours and change in Economy and it about killed me.  Seriously, it was brutal.  The seat pitch is getting smaller every year and frankly, Americans are getting larger.  Cramming so many people on a plane is just no fun any more.  Coming home from SD, we flew through Dallas instead of Charlotte so it was two separate 2.5 hour legs which was better, but still not fun.  And neither of us flies enough anymore to get upgrades or status with the airlines and the extra cost for First really isn't worth it on a domestic flight...

If you can really plan ahead, like the first few weeks they open the flights you can get a pretty good deal on United and American in first.  We'll be flying to Miami in April 2020. We booked a while ago,  on United with one stop Palm Springs to Miami for $475 first class.  American had it for $550.00.

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Summer 2021 to Spring 2022 cruises will be available on August 07 😀

Thanks for the info. i have been wondering as i want to figure out our 2021 cruise so we can look at booking in the 30 day pre-cruise booking option for our next cruise this fall. 

23 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Summer 2021 to Spring 2022 cruises will be available on August 07 😀

Will the information be available 7 August or will they be open for booking on that date?  It would be nice to have an idea of choices a few days before they are open for booking.

thanks,

Marc

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Will the information be available 7 August or will they be open for booking on that date?  It would be nice to have an idea of choices a few days before they are open for booking.

thanks,

Marc

Marc,

The Navigator on-board Cruise Consultant, Bea, is “hopeful” that information will be released a few days earlier than the booking date of 07 August ............ but unfortunately she has no firm information yet.

S

It is always released before the reported release date.  Generally, your TA has the information before it is released.  And, when Regent releases them, they typically are not available for booking for a few days so there is plenty of time to look at them!

On 6/3/2019 at 7:50 AM, UUNetBill said:

".......but we flew from South Carolina to San Diego a few weeks ago to see our daughter - 5 hours and change in Economy and it about killed me.  Seriously, it was brutal.  The seat pitch is getting smaller every year and frankly, Americans are getting larger.  Cramming so many people on a plane is just no fun any more.  Coming home from SD, we flew through Dallas instead of Charlotte so it was two separate 2.5 hour legs which was better, but still not fun.  And neither of us flies enough anymore to get upgrades or status with the airlines and the extra cost for First really isn't worth it on a domestic flight..."

Hi Bill.  Either you're still not "old enough" yet, or Economy (for you) has not yet reached the point where it has become "brutal enough" for you to "bite the bullet", "pay the piper", and just budget for the extra cost of "first".  🤬  My last "economy flight"....anywhere.....domestic or overseas....was about 10 years ago.  I just couldn't take the ever-growing lines, the hoards of people, the torturously uncomfortable seats, the hassles with luggage weight limits/fees, and the feeling of "too many rats being crammed into  too small of a  box", etc. At that point, I made the decision that if I couldn't afford the accompanying FC/BC fares for a trip.....I just won't go.  "I felt your pain".

"Ronrick" makes a very good point.  If you can plan far enough in advance, compare all options, be willing to consider various times/routings/airlines, you may well find reasonably-priced FC domestic fares that are just not that much different from many more expensive Economy fares.  "Good hunting"!  About a year ago, a friend of mine was flying R/T from Phoenix to Myrtle Beach.  I was following him out about 2 days later and he was quite miffed when he discovered that I was doing the same itinerary, but different times/different airlines in F/C for LESS money than what he was paying for in Economy.  Best Regards.

25 minutes ago, ARDXXX said:

I received a big fat brochure in the post today with dates from January 2020 to May 2022 - no prices for any of the cruises are included though!

Can you do a quick check of the brochure to see if Navigator is doing a 70-90 day cruise in June 2021?

thanks,

Marc

Bill, as Pingpong mentioned, many times you can find reasonable BC/FC seats.  I am over 6’ tall, over 60 now & need comfort!  I can generally find decently priced BC tickets.  My husband & I just can’t fly coach anymore. I recently flew RT Atlanta to NYC for only $139 extra for FC.  It just takes a little extra time to research prices.

2 hours ago, ARDXXX said:

I received a big fat brochure in the post today with dates from January 2020 to May 2022 - no prices for any of the cruises are included though!

Can you provide as with some info or maybe even some screenshots with the 2021 cruises? I'm interested to see what itineraries they have for the Med area. We have to wait around 10 days until they are uploaded to the site. 😞

The only Grand Voyage that I can see for Navigator in 2021 is 5th November for 62 nights from Miami to Miami circling South America. And re Med Cruises - there are 36 in 2021 from 8th April until 11th November, sorry I do not know how to do screenshots most are pretty short duration 7 to 15 nights with most of them 10 or 12 nights.

Edited by ARDXXX
added content