Release of Cruises and dates

A brochure arrived this morning, January 2020 to May 2022.  No time to read yet, but a quick look might reassure @Hambagahle that Explorer is sailing Singapore-Dubai and then Dubai to Istanbul during April 2022.  The other ships are either on transatlantic crossings or ending the Pacific Rim itinerary before heading north up the west coast of the US.

14 minutes ago, Gilly said:

A brochure arrived this morning, January 2020 to May 2022.  No time to read yet, but a quick look might reassure @Hambagahle that Explorer is sailing Singapore-Dubai and then Dubai to Istanbul during April 2022.  The other ships are either on transatlantic crossings or ending the Pacific Rim itinerary before heading north up the west coast of the US.

Can you provide us with some screenshots of the Mediterranean Voyages if you have the time later? Thank would help a lot us who can't wait for a week more! Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Thanks Gilly!   I was hoping it would still be the Mariner!!!  Will look at it though.

Gerry

19 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Hi Bill.  Either you're still not "old enough" yet, or Economy (for you) has not yet reached the point where it has become "brutal enough" for you to "bite the bullet", "pay the piper", and just budget for the extra cost of "first".  🤬  My last "economy flight"....anywhere.....domestic or overseas....was about 10 years ago.  I just couldn't take the ever-growing lines, the hoards of people, the torturously uncomfortable seats, the hassles with luggage weight limits/fees, and the feeling of "too many rats being crammed into  too small of a  box", etc. At that point, I made the decision that if I couldn't afford the accompanying FC/BC fares for a trip.....I just won't go.  "I felt your pain".

"Ronrick" makes a very good point.  If you can plan far enough in advance, compare all options, be willing to consider various times/routings/airlines, you may well find reasonably-priced FC domestic fares that are just not that much different from many more expensive Economy fares.  "Good hunting"!  About a year ago, a friend of mine was flying R/T from Phoenix to Myrtle Beach.  I was following him out about 2 days later and he was quite miffed when he discovered that I was doing the same itinerary, but different times/different airlines in F/C for LESS money than what he was paying for in Economy.  Best Regards.

Just to expand on the really good prices for domestic First Class.  A couple of years ago the airlines realized that people would not pay the huge first class prices and that first class was being filled with elite people getting free upgrades.  Enmasse the airlines decided it would be good revenue wise to lower the upcharge for first class and their revenue would increase with more people paying for domestic first class.

Thus we now have relative.ly small upcharges to pay for first class seats and depending on your luggage, the end cost may even be less than an economy seat plus  2 suitcases and possibly overweight

Posting a couple of scans and hoping they are legible enough for you to get the info you'd like,  @SummmerInKefalonia      Trying to balance file size with legibility.  I think (hope) it's just about ok.

First image shows ship itineraries in  order: Splendour, Explorer, Voyager, Mariner, Navigator - same as in second image.

Apr-21-to-Sep-21.jpg

Oct-21-to-May-22.jpg

Edited by Gilly
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Do you think they only sent book to platinum and above?  We are gold and not that far from platinum, but no book. 

FYI - we've only done one b2b Regent cruise and received the brochure this morning in the wilds of the Cotswolds, England !

Reverse status I guess 🙄   

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

Do you think they only sent book to platinum and above?  We are gold and not that far from platinum, but no book. 

We are Titanium and have not received the book or any other information on the new itineraries.

Sounds like Brits got them first (at least I haven't read of anyone from the U.S. receiving one).  

Personally, I would rather get a book with prices than just itineraries but I'm more than willing to wait until they appear on Regent's website.

4 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Sounds like Brits got them first (at least I haven't read of anyone from the U.S. receiving one).  

Personally, I would rather get a book with prices than just itineraries but I'm more than willing to wait until they appear on Regent's website.

The books have had no price list included for past few years, however personally I feel the book is definitely helpful to read, then go online to check prices are other information.    Jean

6 minutes ago, Gilly said:

The book has full itineraries but no prices.  I also just got an email with the online brochure link

Hope this works   https://*****/2SWOLJD

The official brochure was just uploaded to rssc website! Have fun reading everyone! 🙂

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

The book has full itineraries but no prices.  I also just got an email with the online brochure link

Hope this works  

Gilly, great brochure but doesn't have the pages scanned and posted earlier by ADRXXX; anyone know what document those pages were posted from?

thanks,

Marc

@mrlevin if you're referring to the two summaries I scanned and posted earlier, they are contained in the fold-out section inside the back cover.  Perhaps they didn't form part of the pdf brochure and only exist in hard copy?  I don't know.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:50 AM, mrlevin said:

Gilly, thanks; glad to see the Navigator will be doing the Grand Voyage once again; now expanded to 94 nights so will have to see the cost.

Again, thanks,

Marc

That's the one I'm waiting for, too.  I have 2020 covered with the world cruise Jan 24 - Jun 4, and the Grand Cape Horn Adventure Oct 29 - Jan 5.  I've been keeping 2021 open hoping that there would be another Grand Arctic.  And so there is!  Timing should work out, too -- I've been planning an Alaska cruise in the summer for my birthday, but this will make a nice present to myself for a milestone birthday.  Just need to see the price.  

Lana in Bellingham, WA