Orange Party

dfish

Just off the Westerdam 2 days ago.  Even though it was called an "Orange Party" in the daily program, it definitely was not what is usually described.  It was during the 8:45 BB King show in the evening.  When we asked how they could have an Orange Party during the performance, we were told it would just be snacks passed by stewards during the show.  And that they did -- we were too full from dinner so didn't take any, it looked like little sandwiches and cream puffs.  Nobody was wearing orange, and no prior notice was given.  Not sure why they called it an Orange Party!

On 5/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, dfish said:

What ship were you on?   This would go along with what is in the FAQ on the HAL website.

🙂

Zaandam, a  beautiful ship with a fabulous crew  My late  dh and I sailed  her   in 2000 and 2001 and the ship does not look a day older than she did then.   Very well maintained,

image.png.51c84010be9ab3f2916a6668947db84a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Just off the Westerdam 2 days ago.  Even though it was called an "Orange Party" in the daily program, it definitely was not what is usually described.  It was during the 8:45 BB King show in the evening.  When we asked how they could have an Orange Party during the performance, we were told it would just be snacks passed by stewards during the show.  And that they did -- we were too full from dinner so didn't take any, it looked like little sandwiches and cream puffs.  Nobody was wearing orange, and no prior notice was given.  Not sure why they called it an Orange Party!

Wow!  That is surely a disappointment.

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

🙂

Zaandam, a  beautiful ship with a fabulous crew  My late  dh and I sailed  her   in 2000 and 2001 and the ship does not look a day older than she did then.   Very well maintained,

image.png.51c84010be9ab3f2916a6668947db84a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

I hope to sail Zaandam someday.   I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.   It is interesting to note how the different ships do the Orange Party.   I'll find out on the Rotterdam this summer.   Maybe they'll do it up big since we are sailing out of Amsterdam.

1 hour ago, BJzink said:

guess I could bring 1 or 2 of my "Denver Broncos" shirts for my 32 day cruise this fall - also good for game-watching - another packing space saver!

Double duty!   Sounds like a plan.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Wow!  That is surely a disappointment.

Actually it was more of a surprise than a disappointment.   We weren't expecting to have an Orange Party, and we were surprised that they called it that since it wasn't anything like what I'd read about here.  

• Like 1

On our recent sailing on the Maasdam in May there was an Orange Party. I heard that it is only on the longer sailings. They also gave out orange glow in the dark necklaces. Strangely, they did not have orange t shirts on sale the day of the party. Missed a marketing opportunity there. 

4 hours ago, jakers said:

On our recent sailing on the Maasdam in May there was an Orange Party. I heard that it is only on the longer sailings. They also gave out orange glow in the dark necklaces. Strangely, they did not have orange t shirts on sale the day of the party. Missed a marketing opportunity there. 

They sure did miss an opportunity.   I'm sure there were many who did not know there would be an orange party and who would have bought a t-shirt.  The orange glow necklaces sound cool.

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2019 at 6:38 PM, Shmoo here said:

Must be something new.  I don't recall there being one on our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in March.

If you mean the 35 day South Pacific Cruise - there was an Orange Party March 31st.   We started in the Crow's Nest - then to the Lido Pool Bar - then Ocean Bar, then to the BB King - It was packed and rockin!  Great time!

image.thumb.png.2303630ee582d5878df5fdb87bb04240.png

image.thumb.png.5bc1e337c1e54e5bd6cd912a4b31d6d3.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Orange Party time on the Noordam 2 weeks ago! 

EF75FC79-90A8-4BA4-AB1F-E2B4B78FB055.thumb.jpeg.292f461f3c3a04943078a7c02f8c4597.jpeg

Bring your own orange gear as nothing was supplied. 

Great outfits!  If you don’t mind a couple of questions: how many days was your cruise? and was the party on at sea day’s night?

On 5/29/2019 at 4:56 PM, 1ANGELCAT said:

Someone posted the daily program from Eurodam last week and there was one listed. 

I’m on her next week, I guess I’ll take my orange hat from NS along.

A little off topic, but can you tell me where you found the Eurodam daily programs? Thanks!

1 hour ago, emkenya1 said:

Great outfits!  If you don’t mind a couple of questions: how many days was your cruise? and was the party on at sea day’s night?

21 day Panama Canal transition cruise. Our Orange party coincided with King’s Day on April 27. (It was a port day)

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Didn't notice this was a three year old thread brought back to life!

I'm glad it was resurrected as I've been wondering if there would be an orange party on our August voyage, but had only seen pre-pandemic threads on the topic. 🙂

My younger teen loves to dress up, so a new (orange) silk bow tie will be amongst his upcoming birthday gifts if the orange party is even probable. 🧡

8 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Just got off the Noordam last Sunday and the shops had nothing orange available.

BYOO

Understood. But did your Cruz have an orange night or no? If so, what time did it start?