Apex sailings next summer in the Med- expensive!

travellerin1984

Hi!

I have been looking at booking Apex sailing in July but I am hesitant because of the prices. I know Apex is going to be a new ship and might be more interesting than other Celebrity ships but I consider almost 3000 usd for a 7 night cruise to be a very high price for an inside cabin (even on a new ship!) Do you think there are going to be any sales? 

On a per person per night basis you can now find Aqua Class rooms onboard E class ships at between £100 to £200 more than an M class penthouse in the Mediterranean. 

I know which I'd book. 

51 minutes ago, travellerin1984 said:

Hi!

I have been looking at booking Apex sailing in July but I am hesitant because of the prices. I know Apex is going to be a new ship and might be more interesting than other Celebrity ships but I consider almost 3000 usd for a 7 night cruise to be a very high price for an inside cabin (even on a new ship!) Do you think there are going to be any sales? 

There will probably be a promotion.  Prices will rise by a couple of hundred dollars and you will get a "free" perk.  

23 minutes ago, Mynki said:

On a per person per night basis you can now find Aqua Class rooms onboard E class ships at between £100 to £200 more than an M class penthouse in the Mediterranean. 

I know which I'd book. 

That sounds interesting. Which date and ship you are talking about? This year or next year?

22 minutes ago, keesar said:

There will probably be a promotion.  Prices will rise by a couple of hundred dollars and you will get a "free" perk.  

Haha, I know! We are actually thinking of taking a land trip instead if the prices don’t go down.  We have seen most of the ports on Infinity and Edge routes but Apex has couple of new ports for us. But   it is not really worth the money to pay 3000 usd for one week in inside cabin for two...

1 hour ago, travellerin1984 said:

Haha, I know! We are actually thinking of taking a land trip instead if the prices don’t go down.  We have seen most of the ports on Infinity and Edge routes but Apex has couple of new ports for us. But   it is not really worth the money to pay 3000 usd for one week in inside cabin for two...

We can take two cruises on an S-class ship versus one on the Edge.  Easy decision for us to make.  

• Like 1

We looked at both the Edge and Apex out of Europe next year. We were looking at a suite. We will not pay those prices. We ended up on the Infinity. Time will tell if they can fill those ships at the prices. They seemed to run a lot of promotions for the Edge this year in Europe.

I ended up booking Apex today for next September. Shockingly it ended up being not that much more than Infinity for a similar time frame. I’ve been very vocal about my dislike for IVs but we were able to grab an SV.  

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, travellerin1984 said:

Hi!

Yes.   There will be sales and promotions.   I am booked in a PH Suite for that cruise.  It was not that much more than my recent cruise on Equinox.  

Life is short.  Enjoy it before it is too late.  One could die tomorrow.  😫

Good luck, and happy cruising.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

I just booked hubby and I for the 27 June 2020 sailing on the Apex in a Deluxe OV....we certainly could have went a little cheaper, but yesterday this cruise was down a few hundred dollars, so I pulled the trigger and went for it.  We sailed on the Edge in March and were really impressed with pretty much everything, so it was just a no brainer to book another Edge class ship.  Tomorrow isn't promised and I look at it as we may be saving money for our eventual retirement, but it's no good to us if we can't walk around and see the things we want to see.  The itinerary we selected will knock a few places off of our list.  For us, it really came down to where the ship was going.  Looking forward to next year!  Planning is part of the fun! 🙂

9 minutes ago, islandgirlejfan said:

Tomorrow isn't promised and I look at it as we may be saving money for our eventual retirement, but it's no good to us if we can't walk around and see the things we want to see.  The itinerary we selected will knock a few places off of our list.  For us, it really came down to where the ship was going.  Looking forward to next year!  Planning is part of the fun! 🙂

Very well said.....we also booked the Apex for the same reason.  We are retired & still have lots to see on our bucket list.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

I ended up booking Apex today for next September. Shockingly it ended up being not that much more than Infinity for a similar time frame. I’ve been very vocal about my dislike for IVs but we were able to grab an SV.  

Nice job getting an SV!

14 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Does that mean the Infinity was overpriced or was the Apex was lower than the Edge has been. What cabin were you looking at on the Infinity?

1 hour ago, lienf said:

Does that mean the Infinity was overpriced or was the Apex was lower than the Edge has been. What cabin were you looking at on the Infinity?

A bit of both I think. My notes from 2 days ago show Infinity in a 2c at $3,099 pp and Apex in an aft SV for $3,249. Both are 10 day cruises , same month.  I know someone mentioned a while back a major price drop on the Apex sailing after ours so it probably did drop. 

56 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

A bit of both I think. My notes from 2 days ago show Infinity in a 2c at $3,099 pp and Apex in an aft SV for $3,249. Both are 10 day cruises , same month.  I know someone mentioned a while back a major price drop on the Apex sailing after ours so it probably did drop. 

We booked three SVs on the Apex May 10, 2020 sailing at around $5000/cabin with two perks. About a fortnight back I got a price drop of $400/cabin, plus an extra perk of OBC $300. 

Yes, the cruise isn’t cheap, but it goes to ports on the Iberian peninsula which are new to us. And maybe there will be more price drops...?

• Like 1