Favorite Travel Coffee Mug?

JC in CA

Does anyone have a favorite travel coffee mug?  I understand that the ship we will be on this fall has only regular coffee cups - no take away paper- and they are pretty small.  My hubby is use to having a good sized cup of coffee at home, and for his happiness (and mine!), I would like to find him a good travel mug.  His one sticking point on coffee mugs is a handle big enough.

Anyone have a favorite they would like to share?

thanks in advance!

-Jerie

Contigo.  It will keep your coffee warm for a while.  Not super hot, but it will still be warm several hours later.

https://www.amazon.com/Contigo-SnapSeal-Vacuum-Insulated-Stainless-Weather/dp/B01BD0R8F0

Make sure you get the one with the snap lid.  Some of them have a push button to drink.  It's possible to have the button pushed while in a tote.  It's a cool mug, you can tip it upside down and it won't leak.

• Like 2

I don't take a coffee mug/tumbler on a cruise but I do take them elsewhere.  I have a 20 oz Yeti tumbler that keeps coffee hot for a long time.  Almost too hot if you forget that and take a sip. LOL

I am hearing good things from multiple folks about Zojirushi stainless steel mugs (in 12 & 16 oz sizes).  They reportedly are as good as a Yeti and can be tossed in a pack without worry about leaking.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, clo said:

When I lived in San Francisco I made a cup/mug of coffee and then walked my dog for 15-20 minutes.  Why would OP need more than this

I'm hearing that the cups on the ship are rather small - his mug at home is probably double the size on the ship.  I won't hear the end of how small the cups are on the ship, especially the afternoon cuppa.

I have a couple of travel mugs, I do like my coffee 😁

I prefer large ones, with a screw lid I find that the push on lids can sometimes pop off when in bottom of my bag.

I also like one with the option to close the sipping part, obviously there will still be the pinhole opening for steam to escape.

I have cups with and without a handle. The ones without a handle fit into the pocket of my bag better, but I like one with a non-slip ring around the cup that is secured and not removable (or they can come loose after a while)

The ones that I have with handle are the top only handle rather than a full handle so that any size of hand fits.

No point in recommending my favourite as I don't know if they are available outside of UK.  Have a look in outdoor shops as well as large grocery stores and the likes of Walmart and Home Depot (mugs aimed at construction workers are often larger).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cabin4three said:

Out of interest, which ship are you going on that has removed single use cups?  

I might have an excuse to get another travel mug 😉

He is on the Roll Call for Regent Seven Seas Mariner for Sept. 30

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have one of these and it holds a large cup of coffee.  The coffee stays hot when using the lid.  It will work nicely for getting coffee on a cruise ship.

When I cruise, I use a different type of tumbler that doesn't  have a handle and use it for both hot and cold beverages.

• Like 1

Another vote for Contigo -- I use them at work, so that I don't spill coffee all over paperwork, and they're amazing. They just do not leak. Plus, they'll keep coffee hot enough to drink until after lunch, and iced coffee (if I don't drink it all) will still have ice cubes in it on the way home from work at 5pm. Given that our next cruise is Caribbean, I'm anticipating getting a good deal of use out of that feature... 🙂

I do wish that they had a loop on them to attach to a bag, but other than that they're practically perfect.

• Like 1

My favorite is a Thermos 16 oz stainless steel " commuter" bottle. No handle, but so well insulate it never feels hot, and doesn't sweat when filled with cold drinks. There is a metal ring on the button that prevents it from popping open accidentally.

Using an ordinary cup, even a large one from home is fine if you are just sitting at a table in the buffet. But I don't want to carry one around with me and risk spilling it- slip and fall hazard for others behind me or spilling onto myself or someone else. Or dropping it and having it break. Maybe that will satisfy the poster who thinks a regular cup from home is the perfect answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

This...but mine is Corksicle Brand

Yours is nice but over twice the price I paid. They are sold at a store with the initials BB&B. There is no rim at the top of mine which most other companies seem to have.

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Yours is nice but over twice the price I paid. They are sold at a store with the initials BB&B. There is no rim at the top of mine which most other companies seem to have.

We’re addicted to our corksicles.   I’ve been blown away with how long they keep stuff hot or cold. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 11:50 AM, Cruise Junky said:

This...but mine is Corksicle Brand

Ours are "Swig", and we found them at a wine tasting room on vacation so they became useful souvenirs. Use them on the patio, but hadn't thought of bringing them on a cruise. We have two coming up from our home port, and I will indeed see if I can fit them in!

• Like 1