Price of suites

rollie

14 minutes ago, Orator said:

Prices aren't really "ridiculous"if enough people are willing to pay them and that appears to be the case. Now, neither you and I are willing to pay them and it will take more to balk before prices go down. Simply the law of supply and demand. I'll be aboard Serenity November 24th and December 6th.

I was really wanting to book your cruise, we will be on the Symphony same date. Your itinerary is so nice, along several more days, and newer ship (right?). However, I have a 13 year old daughter that does not want to miss school. Last year we took her out for 2 weeks, and that was it, she doesn't ever want to go through that make up process again.

We have been to the ports on our cruise a few times over, but we aren't going for the ports this time. 😉

We are excited! 

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Since we are talking only about Yacht Club here (suites) I've seen virtually nothing but high marks for YC on here.  And, our family absolutely loves them (and they have done 80+ sailings on 15 different lines all over the world).

We really are looking forward to yacht club on seaside in November, then we have music charter in a celebrity royal in February which is a few thousand more per person. 

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

You cannot compare these lines to Celebrity pricewise.

How often do you see regular balcony rooms for $600 pp on X? The don't compete with premium massmarket Celebrity. Only with RCCL, NCL and such.

Sure you can...

HAL has a suite lounge and Club Orange for suite guests to dine.  Neptune suite is a very nice cabin too.  Large balcony and nice balcony furniture.  Laundry included.

NCL in Haven and MSC Yacht Club, very comparable.

Even Carnival is getting into the game with Area 19....

I personally have a YC suite booked for March 2020 and looks like I'm going to book another.... 

Just now, chill6x6 said:

Sure you can...

HAL has a suite lounge and Club Orange for suite guests to dine.  Neptune suite is a very nice cabin too.  Large balcony and nice balcony furniture.  Laundry included.

NCL in Haven and MSC Yacht Club, very comparable.

Even Carnival is getting into the game with Area 19....

I personally have a YC suite booked for March 2020 and looks like I'm going to book another.... 

So then people will choose lines accordingly taking into consideration all factors and Celebrity will notice.

1 minute ago, chill6x6 said:

Sure you can...

Is club orange on all the ships? It’s been a few years since we did hal, agree Neptune suites are very nice. Suite lounge had no real drinks , has this been changed? Thanks .

1 minute ago, George C said:

Is club orange on all the ships? It’s been a few years since we did hal, agree Neptune suites are very nice. Suite lounge had no real drinks , has this been changed? Thanks .

No George it isn't but is SUPPOSED to be before the end of 2019.  Suite lounge will CURRENTLY let you make drinks via honor system with stuff to make them in the lounge...  You do get free mimosas delivered with breakfast room service...  On HAL I also buy bottles of choice delivered to the cabin before the cruise so I have what I want in the cabin.  I can buy all the bottles I want for $2000 and have change, LOL!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Oh yes they have.  Check suite pricing

Increased SOME but mainly it IS the Edge and the Apex is to come and there won't be a Solstice class ship from Florida.

Check this out....for March 2020, first week:

CS Equinox- $6881

CS Edge- $11,261

4 hours ago, yvonneh said:

I understand Celebrity has to pay for these high end renovations, but, yes, the prices are ridiculous IMO.

We love sky suites, and find once you are spoiled (especially with Luminae), it's hard to go back to a regular cabin.

We are trying Crystal for the first time in November. I still love Celebrity, but the pricing is too high (for now anyway) and trying something new is very appealing.

Well, actually, I disagree that the renovations are "high end," but that's a whole different story.   High cost, certainly, particularly having to undo certain dumb decisions.  If they're able to sell these cabins at these prices, God bless them.  I think they're running into a few headwinds.

3 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Increased SOME but mainly it IS the Edge and the Apex is to come and there won't be a Solstice class ship from Florida.

CS Equinox- $6881

CS Edge- $11,261

You must be talking about the big suites. I'm paying $4100 for 13 day transatlantic in a Sky suite. Thats not any different than I have been paying

3 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

52 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, actually, I disagree that the renovations are "high end," but that's a whole different story.   High cost, certainly, particularly having to undo certain dumb decisions.  If they're able to sell these cabins at these prices, God bless them.  I think they're running into a few headwinds.

11 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

CS Equinox- $6881

CS Edge- $11,261

Granted the Edge & Apex are FAR more expensive than the other X ships.....however....the CS on Equinox 2 years ago would have been about $3500.  I know this because I was on her for a 13 night in late 2016 and $3,999 per person.  So it's not just the Edge & Apex.

3 hours ago, Fixit2010 said:

Maybe this is what Celebrity wants.

Put people with big spending power in the suites and discourage everyone else in steerage. 

People put themselves in suites or other categories by making a personal buying choice.  As far as I know, I have never seen anything on any Celebrity ship which would be classified as steerage. And most of the ship is non-suite cabins. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Granted the Edge & Apex are FAR more expensive than the other X ships.....however....the CS on Equinox 2 years ago would have been about $3500.  I know this because I was on her for a 13 night in late 2016 and $3,999 per person.  So it's not just the Edge & Apex.

A little bit has to do with timing..  March 2018 I cruised on Silhouette and the CS was $6200.  While looking for prices for the quite above I noticed that was a pretty good price so I looked for my week and the CS was $5881 so I reserved it!  LOL!  That SAME WEEK a CS on the Edge is $11,415.  Same week even an S3 on the Edge is $7216!  Looking at when I can cruise November 2020 only the Edge and Apex are doing 7 day itineraries out of FLL/MIA and of course the suite prices skyrocket.

We have only been able to sail in suites a couple times before the prices started to skyrocket.  Very disappointing as we really loved the suite life.  But as long as they can fill them, they will keep the prices high.  Now that we are retired we sail multiple times during the winter (as many as 6-8 cruises per year lately), so we can't do suites at the current rates.  We used to think that when we retired we could take advantage of last minute bookings and get some reasonable suite prices (presuming airfare prices didn't kill us).  But I think the Move Up bidding thing has really decreased that option.  Not saying never, but overall.  They're not going to sell it to me for $2000 pp when they can take an $1800 passenger, and get them to bid $600-$800 more (or even more) to move up.   Oh well.  Have to 'settle' for the AQ life  - poor me.  (although those prices can be pretty high these days as well🙁)

On 7/5/2019 at 6:54 PM, Orator said:

They will charge want hey can for as long as they can Remember, they are a for profit business and owe a maximum return to shareholders.. They need to pay off a rather steep debt created by new builds and renovations. At this time I have only one future Celebrity cruise booked and 2 Crystal cruises booked. I still love the Celebrity product, but the price differences have narrowed between Celebrity and selected cruises on Crystal. I have noticed several long time Celebrity posters now posting on the Crystal board.

The other day I wrote the longest thread of my CC career with price comparisons showing what other options people had for Celebrity suite prices. I compared lines at the same time of year in the same cruising region etc. And for the first time in months my PC crashed after spending over an hour writing it!!!  I may do it again if I get time. 

Although it's impossible to compare apples to apples like this I genuinely think people would be amazed to see what options are available to them if they're prepared to pay similar money. Edge and Apex sky suites looked very poor value for money in particular. 

Edited by Mynki

On 7/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, Orator said:

They will charge want hey can for as long as they can Remember, they are a for profit business and owe a maximum return to shareholders.. They need to pay off a rather steep debt created by new builds and renovations. At this time I have only one future Celebrity cruise booked and 2 Crystal cruises booked. I still love the Celebrity product, but the price differences have narrowed between Celebrity and selected cruises on Crystal. I have noticed several long time Celebrity posters now posting on the Crystal board.

And I've seen several now posting on the Princess boards.....there ARE other options out there...

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, scotlanders said:

Have a look at Viking Ocean For the price I feel their product is better than Celebrity offer though I still love Celebrity but when you get to the Suite prices Viking now is better value with flights tips drinks and excursions included in the fare

The problem with Viking is you have to pay in full a year in advance, unless you are able to book last minute and they have openings.

Today I did a mock booking on the Reflection TA next October, compared to the TA on O Sirena I had already booked .   I compared a Sky Suite on X with my PH on Sirena (O has more than 25% add'l square footage).  Even with premium drinks and tips added on to the O fare, it's more than $600 PP less than Reflection.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

The problem with Viking is you have to pay in full a year in advance, unless you are able to book last minute and they have openings.

Then I would only book at the last minute.  What if the itinerary changes, or the cruise line goes out of business your stuck

• Like 1