Free 3 day post cruise program

Your cruise booking confirmation paperwork will show the included pre- or post-cruise land tour. It will also be on your itinerary in the My Account section of the Regent website.

If not then contact your TA or Regent to query.

43 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Your cruise booking confirmation paperwork will show the included pre- or post-cruise land tour. It will also be on your itinerary in the My Account section of the Regent website.

If not then contact your TA or Regent to query.

Either you misunderstood the TS’s post or I did.  As I understand it, she found the charge for the pre-cruise tour on her invoice/paperwork.  The question is why the pre-cruise is listed in brochures at no cost.  in my opinion, this question can be best answered by her TA (preferable) or call Regent.

We are booked on the Sydney and Beyond  tour next February. There was a significant charge for this, however in the brochure the majority of cruises leaving Sydney have it included free. Unfortunately in our case this is one of the few where it is not. Don’t know why! It is clearly shown as such in our ( UK ) brochure.

I could understand limited time, but not limited guest unless it states "limited to the first XX number of bookings.  Bit as TC2 states it's always best to let your TA handle this and get back to you.  

In the fine print it always says that the capacity is limited, but in my experience, Regent finds a way to include everyone who wants to participate.  That said, many cruises do not include free pre or post land trips.  It is related to a particular cruise itinerary on a particular date.  Many cruises, especially those in Europe, do not include any free land trips.

We booked our Cultural Awakenings cruise embarking in December 2019 quite a while ago, and the brochure at the time had a choice of 3 nights in Singapore or 3 nights in Sydney as something that was included. We booked it through our cruise TA and chose Sydney and Beyond at the end of the cruise, and it was included on our invoice as an item with no charge.

We always book our cruise and choose our cabin well in advance just because we feel more comfortable with knowing our plans in advance. We have noticed that we often miss out on last minute discounts such as shipboard credits that are given to those who don't mind booking late. I think there are are pros and cons each way.

2 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

We always book our cruise and choose our cabin well in advance just because we feel more comfortable with knowing our plans in advance. We have noticed that we often miss out on last minute discounts such as shipboard credits that are given to those who don't mind booking late. I think there are are pros and cons each way.

Agree 100%, I hate it when they add on something late, but for us it's more important to get the suite we want and not disappointed trying to see if we'd get a better deal.

We were sent a special offer for a cruise in 2021 that included either a pre or post 3 day land tour free.

We decided to take them up on their offer and told our travel agent which one we wanted to do as it had to be added at the time of booking.

It shows on our itinerary with no cost attached.

I think if you try to add it later there is a charge.

Following receipt of Regent's July 2019-May 2021 Catalog, we opted for an April-May 2021 Tokyo-Vancouver segment.  Wait-listed, at this point in several categories--F2 thru C--at the suggestion of or TA.  Flexibility at this point as to a particular suite assignment will enhance the odds of getting on board. 

The Catalog description for this 19-day crossing includes "Free 2-or 3-Night Land Program."  Either at Tokyo or post-cruise at Vancouver.  As Seattle-area residents, well-acquainted with Vancouver and environs through yearly visits.  So--will opt for Tokyo. 

We have taken either pre-or post-cruise "Free" add-ons, whether safaris or land excursions, with Regent on several prior occasions.  Our TA has taken care of the details.  Invoices have clearly reflected costs, if any, associated with these add-ons.  No sticker shock.   

So, expect no surprises next-time around.  And, if there is an issue, trust our TA will deal with it, to our benefit.  

GOARMY!

Thanks all who took the time to comment.  

Since the Regent agent my TA and I always use is out on maternity leave,  it took a while to book this.

I finally called Regent and simply asked that it be added to my account.

It is free.  Agent says the Sydney and Beyond is included in the cruise fare.

So..use it or lose it!

2 minutes ago, grandmommy987 said:

Agent says the Sydney and Beyond is included in the cruise fare.

So..use it or lose it!

Although I believe that Regent will offer a credit if you do not want the included pre- or post-cruise land tour.

26 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Yes, Regent will give a credit if you do not wish to take the included pre or post cruise land tours.

Which only goes, once again, to prove that these are not free. If they were free there would be no credit if you don't take them. You are paying for them in the price off your cruise.

15 minutes ago, wripro said:

Which only goes, once again, to prove that these are not free. If they were free there would be no credit if you don't take them. You are paying for them in the price off your cruise.

Yes - you are correct.  I’ve always agreed that we pay for inclusions in our cruise fare.  One thing that I must say is that some Regent pre/post cruise events are amazing (most of them do have a cost).  We did an included 3 night pre-cruise at a luxury safari camp (not in tents) and it was an amazing experience!

Edited by Travelcat2

Thanks again for more info.

Wondering why Regent, and/or my TA did not mention this when I booked the cruise.

Staying in Sydney for 4 nights after the cruise, so thought this post cruise program would be great.

Asked TA what credit is given if we do not take it....still waiting on response.  

Is the credit usually what it would cost to "buy" it?  The hotel credit is only $125 pp,  but Regents charges $619pp for the same hotel room.  

28 minutes ago, grandmommy987 said:

Thanks again for more info.

Wondering why Regent, and/or my TA did not mention this when I booked the cruise.

Staying in Sydney for 4 nights after the cruise, so thought this post cruise program would be great.

Asked TA what credit is given if we do not take it....still waiting on response.  

Is the credit usually what it would cost to "buy" it?  The hotel credit is only $125 pp,  but Regents charges $619pp for the same hotel room.  

In my experience, the credit is $750 pp. Hope this helps. 

Dave

On 7/20/2019 at 2:04 PM, wripro said:

I wrote Regent that FREE SHORE EXCURSIONS (didn't mention the inflated number) was an insult to their clients' intelligence. The word should be IMHO "Included" like spirits and gratuities, since you don't receive a credit if you choose not to take their "free" excursions. At least, I think I worded it correctly. Probably doesn't matter, don't imagine it will be read, and I don't expect a reply - did make me feel better, though.😄