Princess Patters on Medallion Class Cruises?

roomba920

One habit I always enjoy when cruising, is having a latte in the IC while going over the daily patter with a highlighter to plan out my day.

I was wondering, does anyone know if Princess is still handing out paper patters on ships using the medallion, or is everything electronic now?

I read that the mailbox outside cabins has been removed, so would they just put them inside your cabin now?

Edited by roomba920

Yes, if you don't like doing the patter view your phone they still have hard copies that they put in your cabin each night and if you are one who turns into bed early at night they will just slip it underneath your door. Few weeks ago on the CB when I was with my dad, our cabin steward was very sweet and left two patter is one for each of us. You can also still get them at the passenger services desk as wet.

9 hours ago, roomba920 said:

One habit I always enjoy when cruising, is having a latte in the IC while going over the daily patter with a highlighter to plan out my day.

I was wondering, does anyone know if Princess is still handing out paper patters on ships using the medallion, or is everything electronic now?

I read that the mailbox outside cabins has been removed, so would they just put them inside your cabin now?

Yes.  Daily Patters placed on your bed by Stewart the night before.  Along with the nightly box of chocolates.

Good luck.  Enjoy your cruise.

45 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Yes.  Daily Patters placed on your bed by Stewart the night before.  Along with the nightly box of chocolates.

Good luck.  Enjoy your cruise.

Box?  You get a box?  I’m not doing something right!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hadn't even thought of this.  DW and I take our first medallion cruise in Jan 2021.  We have used our phones for the patter activities (something I like), but I also like the paper version, which I've started saving and bringing home.

Thanks for the topic, and the answers!

Counting down the days.

We were on the Caribbean Princess, a Medallion Class ship, a few weeks ago. They still have the printed Patter. In fact, we prefer the printed version so much, that we asked the Cabin Steward to give us 2 copies every day. Each of us could mark up our own.

On our recent cruise on the CB with the OM, the steward left the Patter every night on our bed.  While we did appreciate the Patter and did read it at night before bed, I use the electronic version on my cell phone.  It allows me to pick those activities that I want and keep them in a separate area plus add activities like the M&G and dinner arrangements. I do not expect the Patter to disappear anytime soon if ever. 

Who is this guy named Stewart?  He sure does get around a lot. :classic_biggrin:

I love new technology and looking forward to our OM Regal cruise this fall. 

That said, I do NOT plan on carrying my phone on the ship.  It's nice to be "unplugged"! 

So glad I can still get the Patters...……………..guess I'm starting to show my age 😲

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1965 said:

If I read correctly there are no mail boxes on medallion cruises. Are correspondences, invitations, ads, etc., also pushed under the door? Thanks.

No. you're cabins Stuart will have everything beautifully laid out on your bed when they do their turndown service. however if you've already turned in let's say early for the evening then they will most likely slip it underneath your door unless they put it on your bed during the mornings refreshing service.

15 hours ago, 1965 said:

If I read correctly there are no mail boxes on medallion cruises. Are correspondences, invitations, ads, etc., also pushed under the door? Thanks.

Have they also removed the names from near the cabin door? 

On 7/24/2019 at 11:54 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

Have they also removed the names from near the cabin door? 

No, the names will appear on the screen outside your stateroom door.  (A little icon also appears next to your name indicating your Captain's Circle membership).  Your picture also pops up when you enter (or even pass by within close proximity) of your stateroom as it detects your medallion.

Yes they do.  I'm doing another SB on Royal because the deal was just too good to pass up and they handed me an extra Patter for DW at the front desk when I asked.

This, by the way, is the new Patter format for the Medallion ships.  I like it.  Easier to read.

20190727_170303.jpg

20190727_170946.jpg

20190727_170328.jpg