Drink package up to $60 a day.

1 minute ago, retiredgram said:

Never heard of this. Have you been able to do this in the past? I still think everyone would have to buy.  I have thought about trying this. Maybe I'll see what they say on my next cruise.

Did it on my last cruise on the Harmony. It was our first cruise and we thought everyone had to have a drink package. So when we got on board and I bought my first piña colada for $13, I decided to get a booze package. Went to the people on the Promenade and told them my parents don’t drink pop except when they eat so they cancelled their drink package and applied that cost to my booze.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Checking drink package prices is like a game of Royal Roulette...it's like Russian Roulette but safer. 

So true! It's annoying because I know that I'm being mentally conditioned - if I see $65/day long enough $55/day is going to look good to me when it's on sale. Even though I know it's happening, I will still be happy when the price drops even though I would've not been happy with $55/day previously 😉

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Canmilitarywife said:

Did it on my last cruise on the Harmony. It was our first cruise and we thought everyone had to have a drink package. So when we got on board and I bought my first piña colada for $13, I decided to get a booze package. Went to the people on the Promenade and told them my parents don’t drink pop except when they eat so they cancelled their drink package and applied that cost to my booze.

I will try this in Nov. Doesn't hurt to ask.  Thanks. For one of our cruises in Feb. 2020, we were fortunate to get the deal of the century. $18 per person, per day otherwise we would not buy.

3 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

I will try this in Nov. Doesn't hurt to ask.  Thanks. For one of our cruises in Feb. 2020, we were fortunate to get the deal of the century. $18 per person, per day otherwise we would not buy.

Yeah I heard about the $18 a day, wish I got in on that one. Lol

The "do we or don't we" question on the drink package (at whatever price you may find on a given day) is really one that depends entirely on your drinking habits, and not just as it relates to alcohol. For my wife and I, we are Diamond, so that covers drinks in the early evening, but we also like a beer or two by the pool, wine at dinner, a post dinner cocktail or wine, and, if we go dancing, which we often do, a couple of more beers. 

If that was all of it, the package wouldn't even come close to being a good deal. However, we both drink lots of bottled water and we both prefer the darker roast coffees from the Seattles Best counter. Figuring about 8 bottles of water a day for the two of us and 3 to 6 coffees a day, the price becomes a little bit better than what we would pay ala carte, but the convenience and the fact that we have it paid in advance (and don't have to think about the drinks budget onboard) is what pulls the trigger for us. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, skatepunk said:

Yesterday with no sale ours was $61 per day, today with a BOGO 50% off second person it is still $61... math is definitely not their strength.

ours is $61 per day, but no bogof.

My agent says there might be a sale Labor day weekend

15 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I also am hoping for a Labor Day sale because if there isn't I just purchase a few drinks and bring my own on board (wine) and then I have the diamond lounge so I get some drinks there plus the 3 freebies that will be on my shipboard card...honestly, it be in RC best interest to lower the rates and make people happy so they don't stray to NCL or Celebrity which offer comp drinks on most of their cruises.

MSC is also now advertising "free" drinking packages.  For me these prices won't work so I will just go with my 2 bottles of wine and have drinks while on shore  🙂

• Like 2

I'm on Enchantment OTS for October sailing, and the drink special is Buy One Get One 50% off, and the price is still $55 per day per person plus gratuity. Without the "discount" the price would be, what 70 each? Yikes! Watching for a reduction!

On the Oasis in May and the current price is $59.  Started at $56 a few weeks ago.  I keep hearing about this "Labor Day" or "Black Friday" sale that should be coming.  I really hope for that.  $487 total for the week, may just be too over the top for this luxury.

Let me ask, is anyone else like me...If I do not have the package, I will have a drink in the afternoon by the pool, then a cocktail with dinner.  That's about $26 per day or $182 for the week.  I tend to be very cheap in some ways, lol.  But, if I get the drink package, then I am getting Specialty Coffee in the morning, perhaps another with lunch, or maybe a beer.  Then 4-5 Margaritas or Pina Coladas thru the day at the pool.  Three Gin and Tonics at Dinner, a couple drinks at a show or any other entertainment at night, then if I am playing blackjack it could be another 2 or 3 depending on how long my $$ lasts.   Plus bottled waters thru the day. 

That works out to be the equivalent of about $180 per day.  That's how I justify the very high cost of the plan and get past my cheapness as I feel like I get great value.

Who am I kidding.  i am getting the drink plan eve if it says at the current price.  (Don't tell RCI)   

Edited by SpongeAlan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are booked on symphony in November. We are considering  the deluxe drink package but can’t keep up with the price changes. 

Should we expect another sale before the sailing?

Also called RC and they will not give me the on board price. Just a range of $63-$70 + gratuity

Antone know what the actual on board price is?

22 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

The sale window always maxes out at around 7 months, except for the truly special sales like Black Friday or the $18 drink package mistake.

What does the Black Friday sale typically look like? Is it usually an actual deal? 

15 minutes ago, Angelfsh131 said:

What does the Black Friday sale typically look like? Is it usually an actual deal? 

They usually offer discounts on a few extra things that don't usually go on sale like the dining packages.  If you're lucky, you may get 30% off a drink package instead of the usual 25%, but there's no guarantee it will be the lowest price of the year.