Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I am not sure if someone else had suggested it previously, but it appears that Rhapsody does the Venice to Barcelona sailing with Disembarkation in Barcelona the morning that Vision sails on the Transatlantic in the afternoon. I have done ship changes at Barcelona previously and it works pretty smoothly.  

That’s exactly what we are planning to do!  Hope it goes smoothly!

3 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

The fact that Vision may be coming in from dry dock might actually work to your advantage in that case. They might bring Vision in the night prior allowing them to take on additional crew and already start moving on the provisions. 

That is a busy day in port but the small ships from Windstar and Silversea will most likely be over at the World Trade Center port and you will have Holland America's Westerdam most likely at Terminal D, Rhapsody most likely at Terminal A. 

I would guess that MSC Grandiosa would be at Terminal B and that Vision might be at Terminal C. That is a little distance but is walkable. It would be great if these were reversed but I think MSC is almost always at Terminal B. 

The only odd variable would be if they bring Vision in the day prior and place her way at the end of the port and then move her to an embarkation terminal the day of the transatlantic. 

FWIW, my friend came back to Tampa on Rhapsody after her dry dock this year and said everything was great. We were on Vision in December and they're replaced at least 4 floors of carpeting on the aft stairs late at night. 

25 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

The fact that Vision may be coming in from dry dock might actually work to your advantage in that case. They might bring Vision in the night prior allowing them to take on additional crew and already start moving on the provisions. 

That is a busy day in port but the small ships from Windstar and Silversea will most likely be over at the World Trade Center port and you will have Holland America's Westerdam most likely at Terminal D, Rhapsody most likely at Terminal A. 

I would guess that MSC Grandiosa would be at Terminal B and that Vision might be at Terminal C. That is a little distance but is walkable. It would be great if these were reversed but I think MSC is almost always at Terminal B. 

The only odd variable would be if they bring Vision in the day prior and place her way at the end of the port and then move her to an embarkation terminal the day of the transatlantic. 

Thank you so much for your input. We are also booked on the October Vision TA and planned to book the preceding Rhapsody Venice to Barcelona cruise. We were holding off on booking Rhapsody until we could find out why Vision didn't have any October sailings until the TA. Now that we have an answer and some reassurance, we are keeping the TA and booking the preceding Rhapsody. We've sailed TA's and some additional cruises on both these ships and really enjoy the more personal atmosphere on both of them! 

3 hours ago, pstone1 said:

When we changed ships from Brilliance to Ovation at Barcelona in 2016, Royal actually transported our luggage directly from ship to ship and provided a bus to take us from dock to dock. They provided special luggage tags. You had the option of walking if you desired. Everything went very smoothly EXCEPT they had also promised to deliver wine we had carried on board Brilliance to drink on Ovation. The assured us it would be no problem and the wine had already been tagged with our information.  Unfortunately it was left behind on Brilliance!  However they did give me free replacement bottles of wine on Ovation to make up for it.

I sent an email to Royal Caribbean requesting they consider doing something about moving luggage and they agreed.  The fact that there were about 60 people changing ships probably helped.

If you book the prior cruise on Rhapsody, send an email to Royal Caribbean guest relations at least 6 months in advance and see if they are able to do something.

Edited by eel

15 minutes ago, eel said:

When we changed ships from Brilliance to Ovation at Barcelona in 2016, Royal actually transported our luggage directly from ship to ship and provided a bus to take us from dock to dock. They provided special luggage tags. You had the option of walking if you desired. Everything went very smoothly EXCEPT they had also promised to deliver wine we had carried on board Brilliance to drink on Ovation. The assured us it would be no problem and the wine had already been tagged with our information.  Unfortunately it was left behind on Brilliance!  However they did give me free replacement bottles of wine on Ovation to make up for it.

I sent an email to Royal Caribbean requesting they consider doing something about moving luggage and they agreed.  The fact that there were about 60 people changing ships probably helped.

If you book the prior cruise on Rhapsody, send an email to Royal Caribbean guest relations at least 6 months in advance and see if they are able to do something.

Thanks for the information!  I will definitely do that as it never hurts to ask!  

20 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We have decided to keep our Vision TA.  Will see how the rest plays out!  We also love the Vision!  Have sailed on her several times before!  Now looking forward to our next time!

We are on Vision for three weeks, leaving on the 18th of this month.  Agree...we love the little Vision class ships.  They are starting to disappear...miss each one.  😞 

Edited by island lady

20 hours ago, island lady said:

We are on Vision for three weeks, leaving on the 18th of this month.  Agree...we love the little Vision class ships.  They are starting to disappear...miss each one.  😞 

A post on another site says that John and Katrina are coming to Vision soon -- they are on vacation now.  Not sure when, and I wonder where Steve Davis will head  next. I agree, I like Vision Class.

• Like 1

(I apologize in advance if my question has already been answered, but... this thread does have 96 pages 😎)

Has it been publicized whether Enchantment will get a major refurb between her last San Juan home port sailing April 10, 2021, before she returns to Baltimore as her home port again? I'm guessing since she was a 3-day/4-day cruise bus out of FL when she left Baltimore that she's had some hard use. Just curious. Thanks.

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, KarlS said:

(I apologize in advance if my question has already been answered, but... this thread does have 96 pages 😎)

Has it been publicized whether Enchantment will get a major refurb between her last San Juan home port sailing April 10, 2021, before she returns to Baltimore as her home port again? I'm guessing since she was a 3-day/4-day cruise bus out of FL when she left Baltimore that she's had some hard use. Just curious. Thanks.

Cheers!

Enchantment was supposed to have a November, 2017 dry dock with the following Oasis Class upgrades, if the schedule was held that would indicate a late 2022 date for the next one. 

Oasis-class upgrades (new specialty restaurants, expanded complimentary dining, fresh bar and lounge concepts, nursery, renovated staterooms and bathrooms, more onboard shopping and innovative entertainment)

2 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Enchantment was supposed to have a November, 2017 dry dock with the following Oasis Class upgrades, if the schedule was held that would indicate a late 2022 date for the next one. 

Oasis-class upgrades (new specialty restaurants, expanded complimentary dining, fresh bar and lounge concepts, nursery, renovated staterooms and bathrooms, more onboard shopping and innovative entertainment)

A ship over 20 years of age must dock two times every five years.

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

A ship over 20 years of age must dock two times every five years.

OK. So she would just now qualify under those terms. I can go in later and see the actual expirery of the various certs. 

She does not have one on schedule yet and she last did a 2012 and 2017, but according to the poster that would be another already now. 

1 minute ago, MADflyer said:

OK. So she would just now qualify under those terms. I can go in later and see the actual expirery of the various certs. 

She does not have one on schedule yet and she last did a 2012 and 2017, but according to the poster that would be another already now. 

It is two times in five years but not necessarily always after two and a half year.

I see the gap in her published schedule from her last Galveston return on October 20th, 2020, until her first sailing out of San Juan on November 14th. I guess I just don't know enough whether that's just a "normal" pause for a home port repositioning or whether that time might include a refurb/dry dock. 

Norske Veritas shows her certifications mostly valid until July 31st, 2022. I am not sure what the more frequent dry docks are for, otherwise. 

CLCE Classification Certificate Class Full 2017-12-13 2022-07-31  
  EEC Energy Efficiency Certificate Statutory Full 2018-06-11    
  SPP-IC International Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate Statutory Full 2017-12-13 2022-07-31  
  ISPS-IC International Ship Security Certificate Statutory Full 2018-02-23 2023-02-25  
  BWMC-E Ballast Water Management Certificate - Exchange Method Statutory Full 2017-12-13 2022-07-31  
  TMC Tonnage Certificate (1969) Statutory Full 2018-06-11    
  AFS-IC International Anti-Fouling System Certificate Statutory Full 2018-06-11    
  MLC-IC Maritime Labour Certificate Statutory Full 2018-02-23 2023-02-25  
  PSSC Passenger Ship Safety Certificate Statutory Full 2019-10-31 2020-07-31  
  SMC Safety Management Certificate Statutory Full 2018-02-23 2023-02-25  
  IAPP Air Pollution Prevention Certificate Statutory Full 2018-05-02 2022-07-31  
  OPP-A-IC International Oil Pollution Prevention Certificate, Type A Statutory Full 2017-12-13 2022-07-31  
  ILLC Load Line Certificate Statutory Full 2017-12-13 2022-07-31

2 hours ago, KarlS said:

Has it been publicized whether Enchantment will get a major refurb between her last San Juan home port sailing April 10, 2021, before she returns to Baltimore as her home port again?

Like Grandeur, she might leave the fleet soon after her last stint in Baltimore - I would not expect much for the next dry dock.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Like Grandeur, she might leave the fleet soon after her last stint in Baltimore - I would not expect much for the next dry dock.

Hope Enchantment's life can be extended, because once Grandeur is gone, I don't know what's left in the RCI fleet other than Vision and Rhapsody that can still fit under the bridges to call in Baltimore. What a disappointment if we no longer have an RCI ship home ported in Baltimore.

Edited by KarlS

1 hour ago, KarlS said:

Hope Enchantment's life can be extended, because once Grandeur is gone, I don't know what's left in the RCI fleet other than Vision and Rhapsody that can still fit under the bridges to call in Baltimore. What a disappointment if we no longer have an RCI ship home ported in Baltimore.

As far as I’m concerned, each loss of a Vision class ship is a disappointment, no matter where they are sailing from.  ☹️

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KarlS said:

Same thing with Tampa...only the smaller ships (currently Brilliance and Rhapsody) can fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  The Radiance ladies would probably fit under your bridge?  Though they are four very well traveled ladies, constantly traveling all over the world.  

Edited by island lady

16 hours ago, pstone1 said:

As far as I’m concerned, each loss of a Vision class ship is a disappointment, no matter where they are sailing from.  ☹️

You got that right!!  I am still missing Legend...which was one of my favorites.   

Will be enjoying Vision this month for B2B2B...for now.  Who knows when RCI will yank her out as well.  😞 

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Any thoughts on when the 2022 March/April TA's are coming out?

I am still waiting on the Fall 2021 TAs to finish coming out!  😮   It's just Jewel, Vision, and Harmony...as far as I know.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You got that right!!  I am still missing Legend...which was one of my favorites.   

Will be enjoying Vision this month for B2B2B...for now.  Who knows when RCI will yank her out as well.  😞 

Hopefully not for many years, but at least not until after our Fall 2021 Vision TA!