Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

This release isn't like any past years, including names. My Favorite in previous 7yrs was Seasonal Caribbean. This inc my 10 & 11 niter's.... Though Short Caribbean were to be out by now, didnt book mine until March last release

Edited by ONECRUISER

I am not expecting any activity until the 6th to 8th of January at the earliest now. It could be months before the 'gap' missing sailings on various ships could show up. There is usually a reason they were not released with the other sailings and it usually involves a charter or some other outside factor. 

I am really pleased to see that Jewel of the Seas is going back to Miami for great itineraries in 2021 / 2022.

I was looking at the 8 day Eastern (and there is a great 10 night NYE cruise 2021).

The question I had....last dry dock was in 2016, so that would seem that the next one would be sometime in 2021?

What do you think the dry dock would be?  Just routine items?  I don't think slides etc but updating staterooms?  Hopefully they keep Jewel in the fleet for a long time, being finished in 2004.  It is newer than some of the Voyager class ships going for the Amplified program.

So happy to see Radiance class out of Miami....Voyager class is my favorite so far but I have been looking for the perfect Radiance itinerary.  I especially love the Viking Crown lounge (reminds me of the old ships, Song of America, etc)  

Edited by IslandTrails

This same question was discussed on another thread.  I was interested because we are booked on her for the Baltics July 2021.  We Love the Jewel, she is a favorite of ours.  The general consensus is dry dock will be in April 2021.

I agree with you about the Viking Crown lounge, all glass and beautiful at night.  Great place to go have a cocktail and just enjoy being at sea.

Edited by TinkBellaMom

While the Jewel mechanical dry dock could be done just prior to the April 2021 sailing from Barcelona to Amsterdam, it could also be done just following the Holy Land sailings in November of 2020. 

The ship appears to do a Galveston mini-season in January, February and March of 2021 according to port bookings. 

Royal Caribbean had already announced the addition of 'Spa Staterooms' on Jewel and the target date for that was May of 2021. 

This was confirmed in a Dubai travel article prior to Royal Caribbean cancelling the 2020 Dubai season. 

https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2019/10/19/royal-caribbean-may-add-new-spa-staterooms-aboard-jewel-of-the-seas-ahead-of-2021-dubai-season/

On 12/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, ONECRUISER said:

You saying they removed Chop at one point, now put back? Either forgot or didnt know. Was on Voyagers 4th sailing in 1999 and Explorer's 8th in 2000, Chops was on them then. Havent been on Class since right after 9/11...  Also curious what Ratio is now with the new Cabins/Passengers. Ships in 80's had about 20-30 Public Square Feet per person(Sovereign/Majesty), 90's 30-35sq(Vision) was good. When Voyager came out, along being Largest Cruise Ship, having Royal's first Pay Rest's Chops and Johnny Rocket's she also had a High of about 44-45 Sq Ft per passenger. This was big selling point in 1990's, listed in all the Cruise Books/Mags what each ship sq ft was. Do realize flow on ship can back a difference even if ratio still high/higher... Adding cabins nothing new with Royal. 40 yrs ago they(and others)cut ships in half adding passenger cabins to middle, keeping about same limited Public Space. 15yrs ago on Sovereign/Majesty removed the 2 nice size Movie theaters adding 3 dozen interior Cabins in this Public Space... I've said it before, Public Space I miss was used then to Hit Golf Balls and Skeet Shoot off back of Sovereign and Majesty... Funny how some things added to Cruise Lines are new first of kind, other's copys other lines. 20yrs ago on my first NCL they had 10 Rest choices(some pay) and "Freestyle", like MTD, Royal followed these trend's

Neither Voyager nor Explorer had Chop's when they first sailed, they only had Portofino's.  Radiance was the first ship to have Chop's onboard, and it was such a success that Navigator and Mariner were built with both specialty restaurants. I mention this only for the sake of accuracy.

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year.

I was wondering if anyone had information on when the 2021-2022 deployment schedule will be released for the Australian and Asian sailings?  I'm particularly interested in a Repositioning cruise between Singapore and Sydney in either late 2021, or early 2022. (I don't mind departing from either Singapore or Sydney). Looking at Ovation of the Seas.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, HappyJ007 said:

I'm particularly interested in a Repositioning cruise between Singapore and Sydney in either late 2021, or early 2022. (I don't mind departing from either Singapore or Sydney). Looking at Ovation of the Seas.

Cheers!

I think you'll find that Ovation will reposition via Hawaii, as will Radiance because they're both doing Alaska cruises prior to that.

We're also interested in a Singapore to Australia repositioning, so waiting to see what comes up. 

Other than P & O and Carnival,  nobody has released itineraries for Asia or Australia for that season yet. 

We booked a P & O 15 night Pacific cruise,  as it was only $1.00 deposit. If something better comes up before the next payment is due in Feb 2021, we'll just sacrifice the $2.00 😀

19 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I don't recall any new China cruises being released.  We're they? 

I have looked for the most up to date itinerary release schedule and can not find it.  Can someone tell me how to locate it? 

Many thanks. Happy New year. 🎉

There are some Spectrum cruises released a few weeks ago, but they are only into May and June of 2021, nothing after that.

48 minutes ago, mugtech said:

There are some Spectrum cruises released a few weeks ago, but they are only into May and June of 2021, nothing after that.

Thanks. Those would be out of mainland China.   I'll have to commit to getting a visa there if I go down that path. 

Does anyone know if all the itineraries in this lot are released. Might we be getting more in the next couple of weeks? 

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

Thanks. Those would be out of mainland China.   I'll have to commit to getting a visa there if I go down that path. 

Does anyone know if all the itineraries in this lot are released. Might we be getting more in the next couple of weeks? 

When I researched last years deployment I don’t think the rest of them were released until April or so. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, njmelis24 said:

When I researched last years deployment I don’t think the rest of them were released until April or so. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

OK thanks.  I was thinking the schedule had been repeatedly delayed and there was still more to come. 

7 hours ago, njmelis24 said:

Yes, though China sailings seem to have their own schedule.

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I was able to get confirmation from RCL yesterday that both Vision and Rhapsody will be dry-docked in the gap before their 2021 fall TA’s.  We have the Vision TA booked but are now rethinking our choice.

That messes up my plans!  I was hoping for a 7 day Med on Rhapsody after she goes from Venice to Barcelona. Sigh...

4 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I was able to get confirmation from RCL yesterday that both Vision and Rhapsody will be dry-docked in the gap before their 2021 fall TA’s.  We have the Vision TA booked but are now rethinking our choice.

I have been on 3 ships post a Cadiz, Spain dry dock, including Serenade (2012) and Vision (2013) and have not experienced a single issue. 

I actually did 5 sailings on Vision between October 2013 and April 2014 and they had done a fantastic job and that was a major revitalization. This one in 2021 will most likely be a mechanical and freshen up and should only help to enhance the experience. 

Vision has one standing issue they have tried to correct every dry dock and that is forward on the port side that effects plumbing and electric. That affects the Ocean View suite, the Owner's Suites on the port side and the first 2 of the Grand suites port side  8006 and 8008. I had Grand Suite 8016 on one sailing and no issue there.  I have no idea if they have finally been able to correct that issue. I have not heard of any issues on the lower decks. 

I have sailed several cruises on Vision in an aft, corner Junior Suite and those are some of the best cruise experiences I have had on any ship or cruise line, including those just post Cadiz, Spain dry dock. 

Edited by MADflyer

5 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I have been on 3 ships post a Cadiz, Spain dry dock, including Serenade (2012) and Vision (2013) and have not experienced a single issue. 

I actually did 5 sailings on Vision between October 2013 and April 2014 and they had done a fantastic job and that was a major revitalization. This one in 2021 will most likely be a mechanical and freshen up and should only help to enhance the experience. 

Vision has one standing issue they have tried to correct every dry dock and that is forward on the port side that effects plumbing and electric. That affects the Ocean View suite, the Owner's Suites on the port side and the first 2 of the Grand suites port side  8006 and 8008. I had Grand Suite 8016 on one sailing and no issue there.  I have no idea if they have finally been able to correct that issue. I have not heard of any issues on the lower decks. 

I have sailed several cruises on Vision in an aft, corner Junior Suite and those are some of the best cruise experiences I have had on any ship or cruise line, including those just post Cadiz, Spain dry dock. 

Thanks for your insight!  We were hoping to book the preceding cruise on VN (not possible now) for a B2B.  Now re-thinking our plans!  Haven’t decided what to do yet!

19 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Thanks for your insight!  We were hoping to book the preceding cruise on VN (not possible now) for a B2B.  Now re-thinking our plans!  Haven’t decided what to do yet!

The best hope may be that the dry dock is scheduled right after the last scheduled sailing now bookable, that they add a sailing prior to the transatlantic. 

They are going to have Adventure in the mix there as well. She is getting the full 'amped' renovation though and will be at Cadiz for 5 or 6 weeks, while Vision and Rhapsody should be good with 2 week dry docks if they are just mechanical and touch up dry docks. 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

The best hope may be that the dry dock is scheduled right after the last scheduled sailing now bookable, that they add a sailing prior to the transatlantic. 

They are going to have Adventure in the mix there as well. She is getting the full 'amped' renovation though and will be at Cadiz for 5 or 6 weeks, while Vision and Rhapsody should be good with 2 week dry docks if they are just mechanical and touch up dry docks. 

We have decided to keep our Vision TA.  Will see how the rest plays out!  We also love the Vision!  Have sailed on her several times before!  Now looking forward to our next time!

26 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We have decided to keep our Vision TA.  Will see how the rest plays out!  We also love the Vision!  Have sailed on her several times before!  Now looking forward to our next time!

I am not sure if someone else had suggested it previously, but it appears that Rhapsody does the Venice to Barcelona sailing with Disembarkation in Barcelona the morning that Vision sails on the Transatlantic in the afternoon. I have done ship changes at Barcelona previously and it works pretty smoothly.