Room #s

Teesull22

I've been cruising with Princess for over 12 years now. I have never once had the room number on the room key. The reason they do not put them on your room key is simply because if someone picks it up they don't have access to get into your cabin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skynight said:

Cabin no. appears on our January 2006 cruise card. It does not appear on our January 2007 card. So, sometime between Jan. 2006 and Jan. 2007

Love it, someone who else saves all their cruise cards.  I was going to look through mine but you've saved me the time.

Jackie

3 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

Love it, someone who else saves all their cruise cards.  I was going to look through mine but you've saved me the time.

Jackie

Our 1995 Old Crown Princess cruise cards were paper.

47 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

Love it, someone who else saves all their cruise cards. 

I save all mine too, and add 1 each time I count, since my first cruise offered a traditional hard key (did not save  that).

Before the Shipmate app, it was the easiest way to keep track of the cruise history. 

15 hours ago, skynight said:

Cabin no. appears on our January 2006 cruise card. It does not appear on our January 2007 card. So, sometime between Jan. 2006 and Jan. 2007

I think it would depend on the age of the ship.  Original Royal Princess in 1999 had a paper card.  Cabin had a separate key.  Star Princess inaugural in 2002:  I do not remember having a separate key for the cabin, so I think cabin number was not on it.  EM

Agree with Skynight.

All our cards prior to 9/2/2007 have our room number on them.  After that they took off the room number and started printing your cruise statement folio number on them.  This now lets the staff know who to charge the purchase to.

23 hours ago, skynight said:

Of course, I had to go check my cards too.  Our cabin number was on our  Oct 2006 cruise but not on the Jan 2007 cruise.

Simply a matter of security. No reason to have the number on the card. It keeps a "found" card from being used to access your cabin. I know I "cleverly" left my card sitting on a table one time...