Is Agua class worth one hundred each

dolittle

41 minutes ago, dolittle said:

Is Agua class worth one hundred each. I have read what you get but do not know what it means ,help me please.

ABSOLUTELY, for restaurant Blu alone, its great...but I'm assuming you mean $100 pp for the trip and not per day, I wouldn't pay an extra $200 per day...and just read your last post saying its a bid thing so I'd definitely do it, again just for Blu.

Nice experience and we do Aqua almost exclusively so hope you do it!

Edited by vtgumby

In my personal opinion, yes, an Aqua class cabin is worth an additional $100 per person for the entire trip. Primarily you get your own dining room, Blu. It offers better service in a more intimate space compared to the main dining room. The menu is different, and I like Blu's menu. Breakfast offerings at Blu are certainly better compared to the main dining room.

Thom

Edited by tjunmin

Not enough information to answer.

1) Whole cruise or per day?  How many day cruise?

2) $100 over what?  Inside?  OV? Balcony? Concierge?

3) Is this a bid amount or an actual upgrade possibility?

Need that before any answer makes sense.

Edited by ECCruise

I suspect the OP is looking at making a move up bid for Aqua.  Reminds me of our last cruise when I received a special opportunity of  being chosen to bid on a Royal Suite.  $100 per person.  Later  starting bid increased to ..... 

9 hours ago, dolittle said:

Is Agua class worth one hundred each. I have read what you get but do not know what it means ,help me please.

With AQ location of the cabin is everything.  Make sure you aren't under the gym or pool or anything that will disturb your sleep.  Some people like blu-but not for us and the other perks- we never used.

Edited by Cruise a holic

IF (and it is a big IF) you get the $100 pp minimum you would get a good deal, fare wise.

But you could get an awful cabin, location wise.  Honestly, if it were me (and we love Blu) I wouldn't do it.  A nice restaurant is not worth an awful cabin (e.g. noisy at 4AM).  Been there, done that, won't go there again.

See what your TA can get you to upgrade you to a specific cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

It's not an offer.

It is a minimum "Move Up" bid.  Will probably go for many times that amount.

You are correct.  People have to think of going to an auction where bidding starts at $100.  

30 minutes ago, keesar said:

You are correct.  People have to think of going to an auction where bidding starts at $100.  

That's why I always say to contact your TA to see what they can do for you as an upgrade. Seen people get caught in the bid insanity and pay way more than they would have just upgrading. That's why the cruise companies have gone to the bidding process. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

That's why I always say to contact your TA to see what they can do for you as an upgrade. Seen people get caught in the bid insanity and pay way more than they would have just upgrading. That's why the cruise companies have gone to the bidding process. 

I was amused when the bidding for the upgrade to the big suite (Royal) was $100 on our cruise.  Then moved up progressively.  I did not know how it ended up.  

If it's a bid situation and you want to try out AQ I would bid slightly over the minimum bid, maybe $125.00 PP, but that's the most I'd pay to upgrade to AQ.  Personally, I couldn't care less where my cabin is located.  In our 40+ cruises, I've never had a cabin that's been a problem and we've had lots of guarantee cabin.  However, that's me and I understand others are very picky about where their cabin is located.  If that's the case with you, don't ever bid for an upgrade because if it's accepted, your get what you get.  Also, before bidding, definitely do what others have suggested and call your TA or Celebrity if you booked direct and see what just paying for the upgrade would cost.  If you skip the bid process and just upgrade, you also get the increased Captain Club points for the upgraded cabin.  If you upgrade through the bid process you only get the Captain's Club points for the original cabin purchased.

• Like 1