Popcorn Butter

carribbound

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

Rumor has it that Carnival is considering a real movie theater popcorn machine with real movie theater butter (read, OIL!) in the IMAX theaters on ships that have them!

Now THAT would be epic!

That’s interesting since I have heard Carnival is moving to eliminate the IMAX theaters beginning with Panorama not having one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purvis1231 said:

the popcorn on the Dream did not even have salt. 9if you do not salt when it is good and hot it is no good.)

Ah... me thinks you use table salt at home given your reply.  You need to purchase Popcorn Salt -- i.e., super fine salt.  It will stick to anything... even cold unbuttered popcorn.  Table salt falls off.

42 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Ah... me thinks you use table salt at home given your reply.  You need to purchase Popcorn Salt -- i.e., super fine salt.  It will stick to anything... even cold unbuttered popcorn.  Table salt falls off.

They had popcorn salt next to the machine and the guest applied it themselves but unless you got some that was just popped it just didn't work for me. (sorry for my type- I am having eye problems.)

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

I always bring a small container of popcorn salt, or flavored salt (buttered, nacho, ranch) which you can purchase at your local movie theater. It is the size of a small bottle of lotion or smaller than you pack in your carry-on or checked bag.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:08 PM, Purvis1231 said:

the popcorn on the Dream did not even have salt. 9if you do not salt when it is good and hot it is no good.)

We have always seen salt available by the machines for use.

I use the Great Value butter spray to make seasoning stick without adding calories---weight watchers friendly. I've never brought these on a cruise but I don't know why you couldn't carry them on.

oil2.jpg.8c08e51b99e74b5f7c4c67bf17edab60.jpgoil.jpeg.13b06577352992e151d400f60d2f1a24.jpeg

Edited by Ideb

2 hours ago, carribbound said:

Is the popcorn from the IMAX like normal theatre popcorn??

no, they don't pop any popcorn at the IMAX...the only sell bagged pop corn , I think it was skinny pop?   I asked the guy why they don't have real popcorn, he said the smell would go all over and people would just come to buy the popcorn and not go to the movie.    I was disappointed , cuz I love movie popcorn

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Rumor has it that Carnival is considering a real movie theater popcorn machine with real movie theater butter (read, OIL!) in the IMAX theaters on ships that have them!

Now THAT would be epic!

I asked the guy on the horizon why they don't have real popcorn, he said the smell would go all over and people would just come to buy the popcorn (or complain about the smell), and not go to the movie and he said being mid ship, it can also be a fire hazard.

I was disappointed , cuz I love movie popcorn .   They are not putting IMAX theaters on the new ships they are building either.    I wouldn't be surprised if they actually take them out of the few they are in when they go to drydock in the future.    Not many people used them ...we did like them though.

1 hour ago, bingomamma19 said:

no, they don't pop any popcorn at the IMAX...the only sell bagged pop corn , I think it was skinny pop?   I asked the guy why they don't have real popcorn, he said the smell would go all over and people would just come to buy the popcorn and not go to the movie.    I was disappointed , cuz I love movie popcorn

Anthem had fresh popped popcorn outside the theatre - but they charged $2 or $3 per bag 😮 

31 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Anthem had fresh popped popcorn outside the theatre - but they charged $2 or $3 per bag 😮 

But that's not a carnival ship.....Carnival does have the fresh popped popcorn on the lido deck and its free...but its bland as Styrofoam peanuts  LOL

On 8/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

Wonder if it is table salt...  coevan is an old salty sailor and does not have a problem with table salt on popcorn... wonder what his secret is...

I resemble that remark 😄. No secrets, don't see the difference, or more specifically, don't taste the difference.