Blu Options

charlielinda

7 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

The MDR has some starters that you can always get ... tossed salad or shrimp.  Will I be able to get these in Blu.  Same with Salmon ... just wondering.  Thanks.  

For entrees in Blu, there are "everyday" entrees which include salmon, chicken and steak.  As for appetizers, there has been an 'everyday' appetizer card or the waiter will mention French onion soup, Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, snails, etc.  

8 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

The MDR has some starters that you can always get ... tossed salad or shrimp.  Will I be able to get these in Blu.  Same with Salmon ... just wondering.  Thanks.  

Yes, salad, shrimp cocktail, onion soup, creme brûlée, thru also do a salmon every night dish, not sure it’s cooked the same as MDR.

Rest easy in knowing that the MDR favs of Caesar Salad, French onion soup,  Shrimp Cocktail and Escargot will all be available every night. The first time we did Aqua Class and Blu became our dining venue I had to promise my skeptical DH that we'd dine elsewhere if he could not have his favs. He was also skeptical of liking the "clean cuisine" of Blu, because he's not a spa type eater, but suffice it to say he loves Blu. The standards of steak, chicken and salmon are also offered nightly as entrees. The cuisine is not all that different, but the service is much more attentive, and special requests are much more easily accommodated. We generally only dine in Murano on S-class ships once during a 10-14 day cruise and find Blu wonderful. On the M-class ships we dine only in Blu since they've removed the Ocean Liners/Murano type specialty and we don't find the other options worth the upcharge.

• Like 1

You can only order off the MDR if the ship has not been revolutionized. At that point they are separate kitchens. You'd have to plead your case to a waiter to walk to get your specified order. Had friends try it and they were told no.

4 minutes ago, korryp said:

You can only order off the MDR if the ship has not been revolutionized. At that point they are separate kitchens. You'd have to plead your case to a waiter to walk to get your specified order. Had friends try it and they were told no.

We were on the Summit post revolution and were offered both the Blu and MDR menus every evening.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Question about the chicken... Is it usually with bone or without bone? Or does it depend on the chicken dish?

Think of the old airline chicken.  Boneless breast  sometimes with an attached wing.

• Like 1

I’d just like to say that if I had not read here about the shrimp cocktail, onion soup, escargot and Caesar salad’s being available in Blu I wouldn’t have known.  They are not listed on the Blu menu (on Equinox) nor was there a card nor did our waiter mention it.  

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’d just like to say that if I had not read here about the shrimp cocktail, onion soup, escargot and Caesar salad’s being available in Blu I wouldn’t have known.  They are not listed on the Blu menu (on Equinox) nor was there a card nor did our waiter mention it.  

True, that's how we found out as well. We did ask and were told we could when we first dined in Blu. As far as ordering off of the MDR menu other than the every night items, usually in S-class ships you can't. On M-class ships, Blu was carved out of the MDR and because they share a kitchen it's more often allowed.

That’s another kettle of fish.  Our Blu hostess on Equinox specifically told us, unsolicited, that we could order anything off the MDR menu.  I think she was trying to be accommodating as we had decamped from Blu to the MDR the last three nights and she saw us one day in the Buffet and said she’d missed us.  I said we preferred the menu in the MDR and that’s when she made the comment.

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were on the Summit post revolution and were offered both the Blu and MDR menus every evening.

This is one of the things I dont like about Celebrity. I just want Celebrity to be consistent. 

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

That’s another kettle of fish.  Our Blu hostess on Equinox specifically told us, unsolicited, that we could order anything off the MDR menu.  I think she was trying to be accommodating as we had decamped from Blu to the MDR the last three nights and she saw us one day in the Buffet and said she’d missed us.  I said we preferred the menu in the MDR and that’s when she made the comment.

I am not sure if it was really "unsolicited".  They do not want people jumping ship to another dining venue from Blu.  Service was so bad in Blu on the Reflection that we walked out, did not have dinner the next night there,  and noted it on our comment card that arrived the next day.  We received an apology and were transferred to an experienced waiter.  

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Not the case for us a few weeks ago onboard the Summit.  We asked several different waiters and they all said no.

• Like 1

We were on the Summit 7/28 - 8/4.  We were told that as of two cruises before ours, Blu was no longer allowed to offer MDR options (except the "Classics" options).  

We had called Celebrity in advance to check on this and were told we could order from the MDR in Blu, but the policy apparently changed in the meantime (we only booked our cruise in mid-June, so this seems odd to me).  We were just told "too bad".

• Like 1