Flowers in Stateroom

ChildofPisces

Hello all!

Just got off the Ruby on 08/03. 

I had a question, as when we got in our room there was a gorgeous flower display that stated it was compliments of the Hotel General Manager. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, or if its maybe just a random thing they do. 

Either way, they were a nice surprise!

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

3 minutes ago, ChildofPisces said:

Hello all!

I had a question, as when we got in our room there was a gorgeous flower display that stated it was compliments of the Hotel General Manager. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, or if its maybe just a random thing they do. 

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Very nice!

I would say from the HGM it would be for something specific?

Did you ask?

One our 3rd or 4th cruise we had a flower arrangement in our mini suite when we got there but it didn't say who it was from. There was no card attached and we never did find out where it came from.  It was absolutely beautiful but we ended up having to put it on our balcony after a few days as it was so fragrant it was giving both of us headaches.  I still occasionally wonder who might have sent it....we would have liked to thank them!

23 hours ago, ChildofPisces said:

Hello all!

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Beautiful flowers what a wonderful surprise.  We have never received flowers at random, good for you. 

Were you a 500 day or 750 day guest?  When we celebrated 500 days we got an arrangement.  Actually I turned 500 days 7 days before DH and since we were on a B2B2B2B cruise, I got flowers first, then he received flowers the following cruise.  Doubly lucky!

Edited by StLouisCruisers

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Were you a 500 day or 750 day guest?  When we celebrated 500 days we got an arrangement.  Actually I turned 500 days 7 days before DH and since we were on a B2B2B2B cruise, I got flowers first, then he received flowers the following cruise.  Doubly lucky!

Lucky. Our '500 days' slipped by without a celebration. 😢This is probably because our cruise histories were a bit confused with cruises listed under a couple of different numbers. When we had them consolidated, we were already past the 500 mark. Maybe we will make it to the 750 point. 🙂

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Lucky. Our '500 days' slipped by without a celebration. 😢This is probably because our cruise histories were a bit confused with cruises listed under a couple of different numbers. When we had them consolidated, we were already past the 500 mark. Maybe we will make it to the 750 point. 🙂

One of our "Milestone" cruises (this may have been in the era of number of cruises and not days) and we mentioned it towards the end of the cruise. It was put in our record and taken care of on our next cruise!

12 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

One of our "Milestone" cruises (this may have been in the era of number of cruises and not days) and we mentioned it towards the end of the cruise. It was put in our record and taken care of on our next cruise!

We are now very close to 600 nights and will pass that milestone before the end of the year. 🙂 I don't think we can ask for the 500 night milestone to be commemorated now. We can't really prove it wasn't marked at the time.

That is very cool.  The only times we've had flowers delivered on embarkation day were the times I pre-ordered them.

We did receive a nice treat from our room steward on our seven-day cruise last December when, for the second time ever, we'd booked a full suite.  Each Princess suite has a blooming Phalaenopsis Orchid in the sitting area.  Orchids are particularly well-suited for a number of reasons:

• They are strikingly beautiful.
  • The blooms last for weeks and, if you're lucky, even months.  So, they don't have to be swapped out very often.
  • They are odorless.  Great for passengers who have allergies.

When we arrived at our suite on embarkation day. I noticed that the orchid was looking a bit weary--down to its last two blooms.  Sure enough, on the morning of  day three, I noticed that the last bloom had dropped off.  No big deal,  We were having a great cruise,  We were very pleasantly surprised, though, when we returned from dinner, that evening.  Our steward had left a very beautiful arrangement of cut flowers for us.

Just a question -I noted in your signature that you have completed two cruises on Princess ships,this recent cruise being one of them,so the arrangement was not marking a grand number ( 500 or 600 ) days of your sailing with Princess. From the background in your posted photo,it appears that you were in an interior cabin,not a suite,so the arrangement was given not for you cabin category. This causes my question.

Did you inquire at Guest Services or the Princess Circle Host as to why you received the lovely bouquet ?

Good that you enjoyed them, but ,perhaps they were intended for another cabin and were mis-delivered to you ? If your name(s) did not appear on the enclosed message, that would have given cause to question the delivery.

My DH and I have sailed with Princess since 2004. We have reached Platinum level,close to Elite. We have never received any flower arrangement from any department on the ship.  I am saying this because it is an unusual experience,one that can not be expected on a future cruise.

13 hours ago, craftymom914 said:

For a price they will do it.  I was looking at floral arrangement on the cruise planner.  Comparable to the cost at a florist.

True...for a price.  Most suites only have an orchid plant now.  I do miss the pretty floral arrangements.  I was told (not verified) that some ships don't have a "for hire" florist onboard.  Only one to do ship stuff.