Fresh coffee at 5 am

justjill1

We tend to wake up early.  4-5am.  In past have had no luck finding a fresh brew, if any coffee at all.  Seemed like a miracle when we found a table with a coffee pot on a side deck last cruise  maybe 3 years ago.  Will be on RC Brilliance in 2019.  

Will be on level 8 so no perks.  Only platinum status.   

Can anyone find us fresh coffee in early am?    Any suggestions for that fresh brew?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justjill1 said:

Thank you all.  Clearly new to forum.  Will hope to do better with next post.  Sorry and thank you.

You’re not wrong. It’s just that you will get a more tailored response on the specific cruise line forum. You can find the Royal Caribbean forum here.  For the most part, the users on this site are friendly and helpful. Good luck on your search

24 minutes ago, justjill1 said:

Thank you all.  Clearly new to forum.  Will hope to do better with next post.  Sorry and thank you.

not wrong

For cruise line specific questions best to ask on the dedicated forum for that line

Once you find your way around the forum  you will be fine

Welcome to Cruise critic

57 minutes ago, justjill1 said:

We tend to wake up early.  4-5am.  In past have had no luck finding a fresh brew, if any coffee at all.  Seemed like a miracle when we found a table with a coffee pot on a side deck last cruise  maybe 3 years ago.  Will be on RC Brilliance in 2019.  

Can anyone find us fresh coffee in early am?    Any suggestions for that fresh brew?  

Do they not have 24 hr. room service?

Its not the 'freshness' that bothers me (and I know what does is actually out of the Room Service control, so complaining about it wouldn't fix the situation) but I like my coffee HOT. I mean, really HOT and I think, and this is just a guess, but RS probably fixes up about 50-60 maybe even more large pots of coffee about 4 a.m. just in time for the morning rush about 6 a.m. and as the calls for pots of coffee come in they rush them to each deck as soon as possible. In the past, when we'd call for one/two pots of coffee by the time we got it, about twenty minutes at most, it was lukewarm. Actually, coffee drawn straight from the serving machine on the buffet line  is merely 'passable' as far as temperature is concerned, so I usually pass on room service coffee. As far as in room service, I wish they'd consider a Keruig in each room but I know this isn't possible or even financially cost effective as some idiots who had a K machine at home would load a suitcase with about a hundred K-pods. 

Mac

1 hour ago, SmoothFlying said:

Its not the 'freshness' that bothers me (and I know what does is actually out of the Room Service control, so complaining about it wouldn't fix the situation) but I like my coffee HOT. I mean, really HOT and I think, and this is just a guess, but RS probably fixes up about 50-60 maybe even more large pots of coffee about 4 a.m. just in time for the morning rush about 6 a.m. and as the calls for pots of coffee come in they rush them to each deck as soon as possible. In the past, when we'd call for one/two pots of coffee by the time we got it, about twenty minutes at most, it was lukewarm. Actually, coffee drawn straight from the serving machine on the buffet line  is merely 'passable' as far as temperature is concerned, so I usually pass on room service coffee. As far as in room service, I wish they'd consider a Keruig in each room but I know this isn't possible or even financially cost effective as some idiots who had a K machine at home would load a suitcase with about a hundred K-pods. 

Mac

Heck, I'm probably only one of the few poor souls who like my coffee really piping HOT. I just learned after my Dad passed away in'95 from my Mom that he was the same way. It made sense now, but I didn't realize it back when I was a youngster my Mom had bought a Mister Coffee when they first came out but I noticed my Dad had to buy a small coffee makers. the metal type you place water and coffee in, bringing it to a boil on the stove. That was the only way he drank coffee at home. He later told my mom that the Mister Coffee just didn't get it hot enough for him.  I guess I come by it naturally, in regards to my coffee preference, like father like son.😀

Mac

1 minute ago, SmoothFlying said:

Good point, I didn't think about the pods

Mac

Technically they're partially recyclable but you have to take them apart and remove the 'wheat from the chaff.'

• Like 1

17 hours ago, justjill1 said:

Promade Cafe, 24 hours. Big pots of coffee and Specialty coffee by the cup. 

28 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Promade Cafe, 24 hours. Big pots of coffee and Specialty coffee by the cup. 

Brilliance does not have Café Promenade, but Caffé Latté-tudes with limited hours.

As well, OP did re-post in the RCI forum and received replies there. 😊

9 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Mac

Strangely I prefer my coffee just very warm. Hate it when its boiling hot.

I will put cold water in it if it's too hot.

21 hours ago, justjill1 said:

Can not rely on chance in this matter. Bialetti electric moka pot is my best devoted constant travel mate. 

9 minutes ago, botanica said:

Can not rely on chance in this matter. Bialetti electric moka pot is my best devoted constant travel mate. 

So you do not care if you start a fire and burn down the ship.  Tell me what ships allow you to bring water heaters on board or do you feel that rules do not apply to you.

DON

2 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

So you do not care if you start a fire and burn down the ship.  Tell me what ships allow you to bring water heaters on board or do you feel that rules do not apply to you.

DON

Oh! You are not allowed... I didn't know. I'm all new to cruising, just starting to explore about this way of travelling, as you could see from my other posts. Well.. if you still can find Good coffee at this time of day/night I guess I will continue to consider cruising.

1 minute ago, botanica said:

Oh! You are not allowed... I didn't know. I'm all new to cruising, just starting to explore about this way of travelling, as you could see from my other posts. Well.. if you still can find Good coffee at this time of day/night I guess I will continue to consider cruising.

And if DON had looked he'd have seen that you've posted SEVEN times.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clo said:

And if DON had looked he'd have seen that you've posted SEVEN times.

And just joined on Tuesday!

Welcome to cruise critic botanica!  I don't know if you are cruising on RCI or are just considering it or are doing research on a number of cruise lines.  Each cruise line has its own board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/858-categories/).   They are invaluable for asking cruise line specific questions. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, clo said:

Technically they're partially recyclable but you have to take them apart and remove the 'wheat from the chaff.'

Guy who invented the machine said he wouldn't do it again if he knew the environmental impact.  The "San Francisco Bay" brand Kcups are 100% compostable.  We get them from time to time from Costco.   

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

Guy who invented the machine said he wouldn't do it again if he knew the environmental impact.  The "San Francisco Bay" brand Kcups are 100% compostable.  We get them from time to time from Costco.   

Thanks.  I knew the first part but not the second.  I'll share that on a food site I'm on.  So I wonder if the machine itself would be considered safe in cabins.  

PS  I don't need coffee that much.

2 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks.  I knew the first part but not the second.  I'll share that on a food site I'm on.  So I wonder if the machine itself would be considered safe in cabins.  

PS  I don't need coffee that much.

I start a caffeine IV in the morning.   😀

• Haha 1