AARP Princess Gift Cards - 10% off

13cheermom

I realize that this was already posted for the Allstate Reward program, but due to the fact it was moved to a savings topic thread, I totally missed the thread and didn't see it.  So for anyone like me that is a little slow they are also available now with the Rewards for Good program through AARP.  They state they are "New" so not sure how long they will last.  We have been purchasing these gift cards at the 10% discount for several years now for Carnival cruises, however they are now available for Princess cruise lines.  So I wish they would leave this in place on the Princess board topics so that others may see it and be able to take advantage of it.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for information. I just went to AARP and purchased a few. It's a better percentage then what Princess offers when they have their gift card promotions. I thought it rather greedy that they charge postage based on the card value instead of just the single stamp needed for one card. It was 59 cents per $100.

I'm not finding the gift cards on AARP site & when I search for "Princess Cruises gift cards" on aarp it brings me to another site - the gift card shop (a trusted aarp website) - once there, I still find nothing for Princess gift cards - what am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, smelmel said:

I'm not finding the gift cards on AARP site & when I search for "Princess Cruises gift cards" on aarp it brings me to another site - the gift card shop (a trusted aarp website) - once there, I still find nothing for Princess gift cards - what am I doing wrong?

You need to be a member and sign in. Then it costs points of 1000 per $100 gift card for $90.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

You need to be a member and sign in. Then it costs points of 1000 per $100 gift card for $90.

thank you! I am a member & was signed in but didn't notice anything about points. I will check it out again & see how to earn the points - again, thanks 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smelmel said:

thank you! I am a member & was signed in but didn't notice anything about points. I will check it out again & see how to earn the points - again, thanks 🙂

check under the rewards/redemption section

15 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thanks for information. I just went to AARP and purchased a few. It's a better percentage then what Princess offers when they have their gift card promotions. I thought it rather greedy that they charge postage based on the card value instead of just the single stamp needed for one card. It was 59 cents per $100.

Thanks for the information.  Does AARP offer an electronic version of the card like Princess does?  Or, does it have to be a mailed version?

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for the information.  Does AARP offer an electronic version of the card like Princess does?  Or, does it have to be a mailed version?

Someone mentioned that Target has the email version of Princess cards online, and if you have a Target red card you can receive 5% off purchases made with it.  Not 10% but some savings nonetheless.  

6 hours ago, smelmel said:

So really can't earn anymore points at this time.  Since they are discontinuing this program and changing their rewards program, you can only use the points already accrued.  That's basically what I did and cashed all my remaining points to get $3,400 worth for a Princess cruise next year to Alaska.  Wish I had more points, as I am finding Alaska is very expensive 😂. The cut -off date is 9/23/19 to redeem any existing points already in your account.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Someone mentioned that Target has the email version of Princess cards online, and if you have a Target red card you can receive 5% off purchases made with it.  Not 10% but some savings nonetheless.  

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

I also found I had points to use.

One question. I had no idea AARP had points. How could I have earned them?

I earned by points by logging into the site and reading articles, playing games, etc. 

Edited by Italy52

On 8/25/2019 at 9:43 AM, smelmel said:

It does get tricky. Once you get on the giftcard shop page ( https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/all/gift-card-11250/ ) click on the Learn More icon toward the bottom ( https://memberoffer.thegiftcardshop.com/ ) which will take you to this page ( https://memberoffer.thegiftcardshop.com/ ) Type princess into the search box at the top right and that should bring up the Princess info.

Tom

2 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

It does get tricky. Once you get on the giftcard shop page ( https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/all/gift-card-11250/ ) click on the Learn More icon toward the bottom ( https://memberoffer.thegiftcardshop.com/ ) which will take you to this page ( https://memberoffer.thegiftcardshop.com/ ) Type princess into the search box at the top right and that should bring up the Princess info.

Tom

Tom, thank you - I found it

Thanks for posting! I had been looking all last week in order to use my soon-to-expire Rewards points, but no Princess cards were available then.  Thanks to your post l now have two gift cards and used up most of my accrued points; not to mention saving $100.

14 minutes ago, ghw said:

Anyone know how long it takes to get these gift cards once ordered?  Do they come by us postal service or Fed ex or ups?

Thanks

Mine came within a week, I believe, via UPS with signature required ... not sure but maybe I had to sign due to card value ($3000.).  Lesser values may be via regular mail ... don't know.

Edited by pms4104