On board booking question

Italy52

If I take advantage of an onboard booking will Princess automatically transfer it to my TA of choice if I ask them to do so?  Or, do I just get the paperwork from Princess and then have to fill out a reservation transfer form to have them release it to my TA?

Princess will ask you if you want to have the booking with your current TA.  If the FCC doesn't ask, be sure to tell him/her.  Or you can specify a new one if you like.  A very easy process.

50 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Any you get additional OBC  booking on the ship

Yes and no.  What is really going on is that a FCD is purchased at $100/pp and then immediately applied to the booking.  One could purchase the FCD and then book back home and have the same deal.  On occasion it seems some have reported that the FCD OBC amount might be higher on a temporary promotion.

1 hour ago, TM said:

Princess will ask you if you want to have the booking with your current TA.  If the FCC doesn't ask, be sure to tell him/her.  Or you can specify a new one if you like.  A very easy process.

True.  Happened with our best friends.  The FCC offered/inquired about entering our TA (we use the same one) into her booking without even being asked.  My friend wanted to secure a cabin and was just easy to do it with the FCC instead of our normal way of booking via the TA website.

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

If I take advantage of an onboard booking will Princess automatically transfer it to my TA of choice if I ask them to do so?  Or, do I just get the paperwork from Princess and then have to fill out a reservation transfer form to have them release it to my TA?

Just tell whoever you book with that you have a Future Cruise Deposit. It will be applied as a deposit towards your cruise.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

Yes and no.  What is really going on is that a FCD is purchased at $100/pp and then immediately applied to the booking.  One could purchase the FCD and then book back home and have the same deal.  On occasion it seems some have reported that the FCD OBC amount might be higher on a temporary promotion.

Yep, that happened with us. Princess ran a double promotion OBC, not the FCD credit, for an on ship booking last October on the Emerald. It was substantial like $600 vs $300 for our booking. Easy peasy, they placed it onto our TA with the doubled OBC.  We have found that the future cruise folk are quite principled and knowledgeable.

6 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I have never seen any additional OBC (double or otherwise) for booking onboard that my TA or any other TA cannot get.

We never book onboard. We just buy FCD's and book when we get home.

Last summer, they were providing double OBC if I booked a Caribbean cruise for the winter onboard. This is in addition to what my agent offers as it would be transferred to my agent at booking. I had no desire to go to the Caribbean so I didn't take advantage of it. Though I have seen these promos in the past. There are definitely benefits if you want what they are offering.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

Last summer, they were providing double OBC if I booked a Caribbean cruise for the winter onboard. This is in addition to what my agent offers as it would be transferred to my agent at booking. I had no desire to go to the Caribbean so I didn't take advantage of it. Though I have seen these promos in the past. There are definitely benefits if you want what they are offering.

It makes so much sense to motivate a current passenger to book a future cruise or a future cruise intention while they are captive on a ship.  First, the passenger is in a state of satisfaction since they would not be considering another cruise otherwise. The overhead for the sale is negligible compared to other means of marketing.  And finally, the passengers are likely to be telling friends, family and neighbors about their trip and their future cruise plans.

Thanks everyone for your input I appreciate it.  Would be nice to see that OBC would be doubled when booking on board --- I have had that happen with another cruise line.  Keeping fingers crossed that when the time comes, a deal will be there for us.

Even if you book your cruise on board directly with Princess, you can transfer it to the agent of your choice when you get home. Many agents will give you added onboard credit or other amenity as a thank you for the business.🙂

• Like 1

A side question if I might. We recently bought 8 FCDs on our UK cruise in July and have used them all up already. But we just found 2 more sailings we want to book. We understand that within 60 days (I think) after disembarking, we can still purchase more, but get less OBC. Does anyone know what the after-the-fact FCD is called and can we still buy them if we are within that 60 day post cruise window?

51 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

A side question if I might. We recently bought 8 FCDs on our UK cruise in July and have used them all up already. But we just found 2 more sailings we want to book. We understand that within 60 days (I think) after disembarking, we can still purchase more, but get less OBC. Does anyone know what the after-the-fact FCD is called and can we still buy them if we are within that 60 day post cruise window?

My DW just found the email Princess sent us. It's called a Welcome Home FCD and you can buy one up to 60 days after you disembark.

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

They usually send the offer to passengers who did not purchase any FCDs while on the ship.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

They usually send the offer to passengers who did not purchase any FCDs while on the ship.

That makes sense since the email was actually to my son who didn't buy any FCDs, but we used our address on the booking as we paid for their cruise. It will be interesting what Princess says as we are going to call them this morning to purchase some once the folks on the west coast wake up.

23 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That makes sense since the email was actually to my son who didn't buy any FCDs, but we used our address on the booking as we paid for their cruise. It will be interesting what Princess says as we are going to call them this morning to purchase some once the folks on the west coast wake up.

They were already awake when you posted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just talked with CS. Because we already have future bookings with Princess, we could not buy any of the Welcome Home FCDs, even though all of those future cruises have FCDs tied to them. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 12:58 PM, Italy52 said:

If you used a TA for the cruise you are on. They will automatically receive all your booking information.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:50 PM, Italy52 said:

Thanks everyone for your input I appreciate it.  Would be nice to see that OBC would be doubled when booking on board --- I have had that happen with another cruise line.  Keeping fingers crossed that when the time comes, a deal will be there for us.

Remember. If you are a veteran you will also receive additional OBC So if you are make sure Princess knows about it.

7 day cruise $100.00 If you are able to purchase 100 shares of carnival stock which is super low right now. Another $100 OBC for a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1