Barrel Chairs and Tables on Grand Princess

mek

9 hours ago, Potstech said:

No as I prefer to sometimes sit in a quiet area that I choose.  Sorry but your suggestion is not viable or appreciated.

Well since the chairs are gone I guess you've got as decision to make.

1. Bring you own.

2. Find a quiet location on the ship that has a chair.

3. Upgrade to a cabin the offers a chair.

4. Chose another cruise line.

5. Keep crying about it until they delete this thread also. 

8 hours ago, mek said:

My husband is disabled - we spend more time in or cabin than we use to.  You can sit where ever you want but don't dictate to others what they should do.

I merely made a logical suggestion. 

What about a handicapped cabin? Surely that could work for his situation. 

Oh goodness.  All I did was ask a simple question because although I was aware of the previous thread, I had not read most of it.  Back to my situation - we have this great premium OV that has extra space and a full length picture window and it seems a shame that there isn't any seating available.  It would kind of be like having a balcony w/o any chairs.

FYI - my husband simply can't walk distances, he does not need a handicapped room.

I certainly wasn't crying the blues or threatening to boycott Princess - I'm just surprised that Princess made the decision to pull nice chairs out of all cabins.  Life will go on - I will have a wonderful cruise - and I'll figure something out when I get onboard tomorrow.

• Like 3

Instead of all this jabber, does anyone actually have the answer to mek's question regarding the Grand Princess?

In case the answer is no I can advise mek that on a recent Caribbean Princess cruise there was no barrel chair in our balcony cabin. On boarding day I requested one from the cabin steward and it was there in a few hours.

• Like 1

This seems to be a hot topic .  There are people who don't  need or want the chair and there are people who need a place to sit.  Some of the people who need a place to sit it is for basic comfort, others (like me) it is because of back pain, where sitting on a bed just will not do.  I for one will not take a HC cabin because I need a chair,  Some other PAX needs it more than me.  I do understand what it means to others who need a chair, and for those who don't want the chair I understand that too.

I all ready have my solution. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

1. Bring you own.  No way!!

2. Find a quiet location on the ship that has a chair. I want to sit in my cabin.

3. Upgrade to a cabin the offers a chair.  If the price is cheap.

4. Chose another cruise line.  All ready booked on another line because of this chair thing.

5. Keep crying about it until they delete this thread also. I don't cry.  I discuss topics.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

1. Bring you own. Are you going to pay the cost to bring it

2. Find a quiet location on the ship that has a chair. Already did but Princess has made it unusable

3. Upgrade to a cabin the offers a chair. Will send you the bill in order to pay the higher fee

4. Chose another cruise line. No

5. Keep crying about it until they delete this thread also. Keep complaining about what others post until they delete it.

12 hours ago, mek said:

I realize there was a recent discussion but my question was specifically about Grand Princess.  I wasn't sure if that had been answered, so I asked again.

MeK:

Sailed the Grand in April.....Cabin L223 - balcony.  When we arrived, no barrel chair.  As discussed in previous threads, asked the cabin steward for a chair and we had one within 30 minutes.  We were told that there was a limited number and it was first come, first served - so ask early.

Hope that's a more reasonable response!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Are you going to pay the cost to bring it

No extra costs involved. Just carrying it might be troublesome. 

56 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Already did but Princess has made it unusable

There are other quiet locations all around the ship. 

55 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Will send you the bill in order to pay the higher fee

Go ahead & send it. The check will be in the male. 

57 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Chose another cruise line. No

I feel the same way about other things.

Live with it.

58 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Keep complaining about what others post until they delete it.

No one is complaining about your situation. Only trying to be logical about what seems to a major concern that there's not really a solution for. 

Didn't the last 3 or 4 posts go that way? 

11 minutes ago, Beave8920 said:

MeK:

Sailed the Grand in April.....Cabin L223 - balcony.  When we arrived, no barrel chair.  As discussed in previous threads, asked the cabin steward for a chair and we had one within 30 minutes.  We were told that there was a limited number and it was first come, first served - so ask early.

A $20 bill might help find another one. 

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Instead of all this jabber, does anyone actually have the answer to mek's question regarding the Grand Princess?

In case the answer is no I can advise mek that on a recent Caribbean Princess cruise there was no barrel chair in our balcony cabin. On boarding day I requested one from the cabin steward and it was there in a few hours.

Now this is a helpful reply.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beave8920 said:

MeK:

Yes it is and I will ask as soon as we board. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

So now a chair is considered a perk and I have to pay $20 to get one.  Is that what you are suggesting?

DON

To me it not a perk, but at least for now the reality is there isn't a chair in my room, so I will treat it the same way I do when I have an extra large balcony and ask the steward to get one or two loungers.  I tip well for that and if I'm able to get one or two chairs I definitely will .

In case anyone is wondering why this is suddenly an issue for me - I booked an obstructed OV guarantee and just got my assignment on Tuesday, so all along I thought there was a good chance I would have a smallish cabin with no view - in that case no chair, no problem.  I hit the jackpot with this one and couldn't be happier, but then I started thinking about a chair, which prompted me to start this thread.

Edited by mek
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, mek said:

To me it not a perk, but at least for now the reality is there isn't a chair in my room, so I will treat it the same way I do when I have an extra large balcony and ask the steward to get one or two loungers.  I tip well for that and if I'm able to get one or two chairs I definitely will .

In case anyone is wondering why this is suddenly an issue for me - I booked an obstructed OV guarantee and just got my assignment on Tuesday, so all along I thought there was a good chance I would have a smallish cabin with no view - in that case no chair, no problem.  I hit the jackpot with this one and couldn't be happier, but then I started thinking about a chair, which prompted me to start this thread.

Hey Mek.....no explanation necessary.  You wanted some basic info and asked for it.

Looks like you've been around long enough on these boards to know that all most do is complain about something.  I hate to even post anymore because someone always has something smarta$$ to say!

I look to them occasionally for good info from good people......but always shake my head at all the neysayers and or complainers.  Like my mother taught me years ago.....if you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut!

Have a great cruise.

16 hours ago, mek said:

My husband is disabled - we spend more time in or cabin than we use to.  You can sit where ever you want but don't dictate to others what they should do.

Request to be placed in an ADA stateroom. As far as I know, they're in all categories. I was upgraded to one bc no one wanted 'that' shower on the Star in March & had 2 barrel chairs & 1 desk chair 

Edited to add: I've always had the round table which I move to the closet to hold my suitcase EXCEPT  I had to keep it in the room on that voyage as the closet was along the wall instead of a walk in 

Edited by Ombud