Tropical Storm Humberto

sc4125

Has anyone heard that there will be issues with sailing out of Port Canaveral on Saturday?  We are suppose to be on the Breeze to start our 7 day Bermuda cruise, and it looks like they expect the tropical storm to hit east central Florida at around 2:00 Saturday.  I haven't received an email yet but was wondering if they may decide to sail out earlier than 4:00.  Anyone have any idea??

I'm hoping that track changes since we live two miles from the port.  Plus UCF plays Stanford on Saturday - we need this storm to veer away from us.  🙂  I haven't seen any advisories yet, either from the port or our city other than a text saying they're monitoring the tropical depression.  The current projection has it becoming a tropical storm early Saturday morning but that could change.  At this point, it's still a bit unpredictable.

Has this been named yet?

Tracks and models show it staying a TS and off shore although cone of probability shows western probability over land and mid track is near Central FL late Sat night early Sunday, then veering off to Atlantic.

Unfortunately for the Bahamas it goes from a TD to a TS later today early Saturday.

Edited by crewsweeper

Seems like it's mainly a rainstorm with a little wind.  Tropical storms have less winds than a hurricane, so unless it builds rapidly and gets near hurricane strength, I doubt there will be any major change in departure.

Also, since the direction of the storm will be opposite that of the ship leaving, the time the ship will be affected by the storm will be lessened as the ship moves through it.

Have a great cruise and enjoy it!

Edited by evandbob

Thanks for all the info.  I'm just keeping an eye on it.  We only live an hour and a half from the port, so as of now we plan to leave by 8:00 a.m. and get there when we do.  

Hopefully there won't be any major changes in departure time. 

At least we'll be heading away from it (I hope), so though it looks like thunderstorms are forecast for Bermuda when we get there, I plan to have a good time.  I live in Florida - a little rain and wind doesn't scare me, and I know that sailing in Sept. is always a risk.  

Thank goodness we have a balcony this cruise - if the forecast doesn't change, we will be looking at rain for most of the cruise, so I'm thinking hanging out on Lido might be challenging.  

From John Heald's FB page.

Happy Sails! 🛳️

Storm watch update

Our Fleet Operations Center in Miami is actively monitoring the potential tropical storm in the Caribbean. We do not expect any impact to our itineraries on sailings departing tomorrow from PortMiami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral or Port of Jacksonville.

Thank you so much and I of course will keep you updated

Cheers

As of the 6 PM weather they were showing it as likely to miss Florida and the East Coast altogether... they even say it might be far enough north that it will only brush the northern Bahamas islands... praying for them that this happens- those poor people have had to put up with enough!

Leaving for Pt. Canaveral in about an hour - so happy to see that the weather forecast has improved since last night.  At least we shouldn't get wet getting onboard.  Bermuda forecast for Monday & Tuesday doesn't look great - but hey, we'll have a great time either way!!

On 9/12/2019 at 8:14 PM, sc4125 said:

Has anyone heard that there will be issues with sailing out of Port Canaveral on Saturday?  We are suppose to be on the Breeze to start our 7 day Bermuda cruise, and it looks like they expect the tropical storm to hit east central Florida at around 2:00 Saturday.  I haven't received an email yet but was wondering if they may decide to sail out earlier than 4:00.  Anyone have any idea??

It is no longer any problem at all for Florida

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

We were on Magic until yesterday. I think we passed Humberto in the night when It was a Trop Depression, I open curtains and watched the lightning strikes on the water in the distance for 90 mins.  

Ill bet that was a sight to behold. Did you get any pics of the lightning storm?

6 hours ago, racing girl said:

I’m sailing carnival sunrise . Any info for New York to Bermuda leaving Monday ? 

Just called Carnival and no change posted. Carnival said to check back tonight around 6pm Eastern time. Also said once you are on the ship, it is the captain's discretion to go where he sees fit.

5 minutes ago, teaach said:

Just called Carnival and no change posted. Carnival said to check back tonight around 6pm Eastern time. Also said once you are on the ship, it is the captain's discretion to go where he sees fit.

I'm hoping that Humberto decides to be antisocial and leaves Bermuda alone! Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Looks like Bahamas and Florida will be ok but Bermuda may get a hit this week or next... @Jamman54 isn't this the week of your back-to-back to Bermuda? Keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else sailing there that the weather holds for you!

Sailing Sunshine September 22 to Bermuda. Where might they send us if the storm hits Bermuda?

52 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Looks like Bahamas and Florida will be ok but Bermuda may get a hit this week or next... @Jamman54 isn't this the week of your back-to-back to Bermuda? Keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else sailing there that the weather holds for you!

Yep. Might be doing a B2B to Canada. 😎