"Live" - Ovation of the Seas 20-30 Sept 2019 - Our not normal cruise to Hawaii

PCWalton1

6 hours ago, Jzx1103 said:

Hi PC Walton (or anyone else currently on the Ovation), could you do me a huge favor? I know this is a long shot but any help would be greatly appreciated. We were on last sailing that ended on 9/20 on the Ovation. Our stateroom number is 13136, we believe we left two Wells Fargo Envelopes full of cash totaling well over $4000 on the desk counter in our stateroom. We must've forgotten to pack it after leaving our stateroom attendant her tips before leaving our room. Our stateroom attendant's name is Grace. Could you kindly look her up on deck 13 and ask about it, or check with guest services. I mostly consider the money lost but figured I'll give it a try. Much appreciated!

Did you report the lost to RCCL ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jzx1103 said:

I did, back on Friday right after I realized we left it.

Only 2 persons would have been in there after you left, your Cabin Attendant and the Food and Beverage Person that goes in after you leave to see if you purchased anything from the fridge. 

I would call again today and see if they have any answers from those 2 persons.  

Not sure or not  if Bill goes in the Concierge Lounge since he is Diamond Plus, but if he doesn't want to help I would understand but he could ask the Concierge in there to check on it. You have the cabin number and the amount of money you are looking for.

I don't see a harm in asking.......they know they wouldn't give the money to Bill, it would go to the original cabin holder the week before sailing.

Just tell them you heard about the incident on cruise critic. I'm sure they have heard of cruisecritic.

Asking right on the ship is far better then a phone call to Miami where the issue may or may not get to the ship.

Edited by Jimbo

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Only 2 persons would have been in there after you left, your Cabin Attendant and the Food and Beverage Person that goes in after you leave to see if you purchased anything from the fridge. 

Nothing to purchase from the fridge on Ovation. Lots of folks could have been walking that hallway while the cabin door is propped open on turnaround day. 

Edited by Biker19

16 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Now it was on to the Chihuly garden and glass. Many blown glass exits from Dale Chihuly and his students. Hope you don't mind but i took a lot of pictures here.

I don't mind at all -- on the contrary. His works are so beautiful, I could spend hours looking at all the amazing details.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Nothing to purchase from the fridge on Ovation. Lots of folks could have been walking that hallway while the cabin door is propped open on turnaround day. 

It's just a regular balcony cabin, nothing special. I highly doubt it. Do we know what time they left the cabin that morning?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I highly doubt it.

That there are folks walking the hallway while some cabin doors are propped open on turnaround day? Granted, an envelope with $4K in it is unlikely to be ignored by the attendant after he/she first walks in after the occupants left. 

Edited by Biker19

Granted, an envelope with $4K in it is unlikely to be ignored by the attendant after he/she first walks in after the occupants left. 

Which is why i am not going to confront a cabin attendant about missing money. It's been reported.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Which is why i am not going to confront a cabin attendant about missing money. It's been reported.

I wouldn't confront the attendant either but I would ask the concierge about it so they could check with housekeeping in that section of the ship.

@Jzx1103 I am sure you have checked everything again, but just consider looking again in piles or bags of papers like Cruise Compasses, or anything else you might have picked up all at once and slipped into a side pocket. I cannot tell you how many times we have found things in inside jacket pockets we had forgotten we had worn, in outside luggage pockets we put last minute things into, and even inside bags of dirty laundry. We often realized that we likely didn't remember putting them in those places because we never intended to put them there.  Good luck. A lot of people have posted over time about thinking they left jewelry or money, only to find it in their umpteenth search even weeks later. (We initiated a search request this past April and cancelled it this past April after we found my wife's small clutch and jewelry at the very bottom of her large purse. Only on the 4th search did she find it after I suggested she dump everything out.)

Edited by mayleeman

It has been a quiet semi rocky morning. The kind of rocking that puts me to sleep. We showed up for the Meet and Mingle an hour early as we missed that the clocks were set back an hour. Probably because our non-showing cabin attendant didn't leave a notice. 😜 No biggie, we enjoyed an hour in the Diamond Lounge as the M&M was just next door

Forgot to catch an pictures at the M&M but it was very well attended. Got some fun personal stories from the raffle winners as the activities directors asks questions of each of them. Much more fun than the usual "ok here is the next winner"

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Scifi and fantasy

6273a8f08f9ed9478ae75e251d6dce26.jpg

e39290c41cc4a0c0d7d387086f7b6149.jpg

bde5f2b279a0aefa475e9d5f522525f2.jpg

Pop quiz, know what this is?

a786dbce7478f86b42c25cb72855c755.jpg

It’s a typewriter eraser!! Love it!

So glad for the link to this thread.  Even though I just returned from Hawaii on Radiance 2 days ago, your threads are so interesting, I wouldn’t miss them for anything.  It’s almost like taking another cruise, only much cheaper!

Connie and Stan say hello and recommend Zippy’s restaurant.  If you’ve never been, it’s a treat.  All local and casual.  There are locations everywhere in the islands except for one — Kauai, I think, which you’re not going to, anyway.

Hello to Marie!

Edited by travelgoddess1
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 10:09 PM, ExPAGirl said:

Following along...looking forward to your journey!! We'll be on Ovation next May and interested in your thoughts on the ship!

We booked the Ovation next year in May...Hawaii to Vancouver. Looking forward to the review although we were on Anthem a couple years ago so same floor plan. Hoping the service and entertainment are better. 

• Like 1