Has anyone attempted to use an old coffee card recently?

judyjudy56

15 hours ago, steelers36 said:

My take if there is a food prep issue is to describe it to the waiter who then conveys it to the kitchen.  I have found that the restaurant wants to make it right as they can.  If I just didn't think a dish wowed me, I might give that feedback at meal's end.  But I would not impact on the server.  Now, if we weren't paid attention, or were delivered wrong items, or missed items, then I see that as wait staff issue.

I'm saying I can sympathize with them if they get no relief from management (I worked at high end restaurant where management had a very snooty attitude if you complained about anything).

On a similar topic - I advertised an apartment with a $100/month typo in the ad - the person who rented it saw that price & I honored it. I'm a little guy but I stood by my ad.

Edited by victory2020
  • Like 1

nothing about your supposed behavior is a loyal customer p22.  i'm going to guess this person and the other one complaining about the coffee cards hardcore are big and bluster on the internet and nothing in real life. internet tough guys.  and if they are this obnoxious in life, i'm sure their vacations are always ruined because of their actions which they blame on everyone but themselves.  rude and selfish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, vampiress said:

nothing about your supposed behavior is a loyal customer p22.  i'm going to guess this person and the other one complaining about the coffee cards hardcore are big and bluster on the internet and nothing in real life. internet tough guys.  and if they are this obnoxious in life, i'm sure their vacations are always ruined because of their actions which they blame on everyone but themselves.  rude and selfish.

Loyal customers who brag about smuggling booze and withholding gratuities if their old coffee cards aren't honored. No thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vampiress said:

I guess you just don't understand the point of warning people about Princess's lack of regard concerning their total reversal of honoring their agreement to use the old coffee card punches on subsequent cruises. 

As long as people continue to ask about how the program works, I'll be there to inform them of how Princess treated passengers in the past. 

If that's so upsetting to you, that's unfortunate.

You've got the option of not reading or ignoring my posts option.

I'll also let them know in person on our next trip how I feel about their program and no, my vacation won't be ruined.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 11:15 PM, steelers36 said:

My take if there is a food prep issue is to describe it to the waiter who then conveys it to the kitchen.  I have found that the restaurant wants to make it right as they can.  If I just didn't think a dish wowed me, I might give that feedback at meal's end.  But I would not impact on the server.  Now, if we weren't paid attention, or were delivered wrong items, or missed items, then I see that as wait staff issue.

Absolutely agree!

On 9/25/2019 at 8:15 AM, Daniel A said:

A dissatisfied customer "fights back" by using their feet.  The walk on past that business and go over to the competition.  You don't hurt the business in the least by paying full price to the company and stiff the workers instead.  That just doesn't make any sense  to me at all.

Agree!

• Thanks 1

We're on Regal now and were allowed to trade in our partly used card (6 punches left) for credit on this cruise.

Unfortunately, since then it's been kind of a pain. For some reason, their bookkeeping system called for them to charge me for a full coffee package. Then later they were to apply credit to cancel the charge. That took two days and two visits to passenger services to straighten out.

Then this morning they charged us for a coffee that should have been covered by the package. So, you might get credit only to wonder if it was worth the trouble. 

Jim 

• Like 1

Just now, jasbo49 said:

We're on Regal now and were allowed to trade in our partly used card (6 punches left) for credit on this cruise.

Unfortunately, since then it's been kind of a pain. For some reason, their bookkeeping system called for them to charge me for a full coffee package. Then later they were to apply credit to cancel the charge. That took two days and two visits to passenger services to straighten out.

Then this morning they charged us for a coffee that should have been covered by the package. So, you might get credit only to wonder if it was worth the trouble. 

Jim 

What if you had more than 1 card? Would they have treated it similar? 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

What if you had more than 1 card? Would they have treated it similar? 

Don't know, but I think we would have gotten 15 specialty coffees on account. No idea whether you'd get the unlimited brewed or not. I was just happy to get something out of the partial card I  had.

Jim

1 hour ago, rlyans said:

Has anyone tried to order a specialty coffee and when they hand it to you hand them your punch card.  If they don't take it just say no thank you then.. Will they just throw it away?

That seems nasty.  Plus, my memory is that the order taker either punched the former coffee card or swiped your cruise card while the order was being processed and then the cup placed further down the counter when ready.  You aren't going to be able to pull this trick.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, MissP22 said:

I guess you just don't understand the point of warning people about Princess's lack of regard concerning their total reversal of honoring their agreement to use the old coffee card punches on subsequent cruises. 

As long as people continue to ask about how the program works, I'll be there to inform them of how Princess treated passengers in the past. 

If that's so upsetting to you, that's unfortunate.

You've got the option of not reading or ignoring my posts option.

I'll also let them know in person on our next trip how I feel about their program and no, my vacation won't be ruined.

I find it ironic that some think Princess has no regard for their guests when it comes to changes in the rules regarding coffee cards, yet when Princess removes a chair from rooms without any warning or notification, they will just plan on bringing their own, or moving balcony furniture indoors to sit on, or just say they didn’t use the chair anyway, & people should just get over it. I guess it all depends what is important to each of us.😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rlyans said:

Has anyone tried to order a specialty coffee and when they hand it to you hand them your punch card.  If they don't take it just say no thank you then.. Will they just throw it away?

I am constantly amazed at the number of posts forum wide that plot different ways of cheating Princess.  Why do people feel the need to cheat the Line?  If you are unhappy, use your feet and go to another line or vacation type.  Do you cheat your grocer and electric company too?  You'll save a lot more money if you cheat your doctor or local hospital...

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I am constantly amazed at the number of posts forum wide that plot different ways of cheating Princess.  Why do people feel the need to cheat the Line?  If you are unhappy, use your feet and go to another line or vacation type.  Do you cheat your grocer and electric company too?  You'll save a lot more money if you cheat your doctor or local hospital...

I agree. But in fairness, it doesn’t hurt to ask; perhaps before you place your order.

• Like 1

i really don't feel this is a way to cheat Princess. I bought this card 2 years ago and was told by by a member of Princess that if I did't use all the punches that I could use them on my next Princess cruise. This is my next Princess Cruise and they are now telling me they are not good. Really Princess! Yes I have read that they have given notice that they were changing there terms but they should not have told there loyal cruisers one thing and then change it. It's not the money, it's the Principle

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rlyans said:

i really don't feel this is a way to cheat Princess. I bought this card 2 years ago and was told by by a member of Princess that if I did't use all the punches that I could use them on my next Princess cruise. This is my next Princess Cruise and they are now telling me they are not good. Really Princess! Yes I have read that they have given notice that they were changing there terms but they should not have told there loyal cruisers one thing and then change it. It's not the money, it's the Principle

It's called rationalization.  If it is a matter of principle, does a principled person trick another into making something they will knowingly try to pay with something that is worthless?  Did you ever hold on to a restaurant gift certificate too long?  Would you order dinner at a restaurant and then produce an expired gift certificate as payment after you got the meal?  In my book, (and I have done this) I would present the expired certificate before ordering in order to find out if they will honor it.  If the restaurant said "no" then I have a decision to make: stay & pay or leave.  Just my two cents.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rlyans said:

two years is a long time  and policies change.      I have always gone by the fact that I purchased a package for that cruise and have never felt I should be able to use it on future cruises.    Many people cheated and received free coffee for years so I don't blame them - you would not either if it was your company.

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

two years is a long time  and policies change.      I have always gone by the fact that I purchased a package for that cruise and have never felt I should be able to use it on future cruises.    Many people cheated and received free coffee for years so I don't blame them - you would not either if it was your company.

I'm reminded of the opening scene from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid:

Butch: What happened to the old bank? It was beautiful.
Guard: People kept robbing it.
Butch: Small price to pay for beauty.
:classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, compozer said:

Really?  How did they get free coffee?

Edited by suzyed

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

kept one punch on a coffee card and got 'free fresh brewed coffee' on the 'next' cruise(s) ...

Except it didn't work that way on subsequent cruises.  If you got "fresh brewed coffee" and used the card from the last cruise, they took a punch for it....it wasn't free.  The rare occasion where they didn't have the ship and the voyage written on the back I guess you could have used that one punch for the free coffee.

• Like 1