Do you find there's anything that the Freedom Class does better than the Oasis class?

The Oasis Class is obviously amazing, but the Freedom Class is as well. What do you think the Freedom Class does better than the Oasis? I'm going to start with the fact that reservations aren't really needed for anything on the Freedom Class. It feels like you have to have every minute of your time planned out on Oasis beforehand, since reservations are needed for many experiences.

• Like 1

- Have more quiet public areas to  relax in chairs and view the ocean on various decks (promenade deck for example). 

- WJ seems to have better variety and quality of food  (maybe due to ability to server fewer people at once).  Seems less crowded and relaxing.

Edited by VaTech8912
  • Like 3

Outside promenade deck with chairs to have a quiet place to enjoy being outside with a view of the water.

Viking Crown area open to all guests.

Windjammer that is less crowded.

Schooner Bar that is a central part of the ship, not a seeming afterthought.

Helicopter pad open to all guests.

Fitness Center with expansive views (for now).

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Outside promenade deck with chairs to have a quite place to enjoy being outside with a view of the water.

All very small things that actually make a big difference to the experience! (At least for my family and I).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

We love the Schooner Bar but we never spend much time there on Oasis  Class. Unless you sit in front of the piano most times all you can hear is what's going on on Promenade. Even the damn fountain drowns them out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Big_G said:

We love the Schooner Bar but we never spend much time there on Oasis  Class. Unless you sit in front of the piano most times all you can hear is what's going on on Promenade. Even the damn fountain drowns them out.

Yep, trivia with that fountain going is torture.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Big_G said:

No fountain on Harmony and Symphony 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VaTech8912 said:

WJ seems to have better variety and quality of food  (maybe due to ability to server fewer people at once).  Seems less crowded and relaxing.

WJ on Harmony and I'm guessing Symphony have hot stations in the back. Big improvement over Oasis and Allure. Have you tried that?

I'll skip Coastal Kitchen to go there 2-3 times a week

20190820_180138.thumb.jpg.86a711516d6e67354eeb306d90a2dc1f.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Outside promenade deck with chairs to have a quiet place to enjoy being outside with a view of the water.

And the is why I still haven't cruised Oasis class & maybe never will. Especially the outside promenade deck. One of our favorite places at night

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jax129 said:

And the is why I still haven't cruised Oasis class & maybe never will. Especially the outside promenade deck. One of our favorite places at night

One of our favorite places to relax during the day, no music or games blaring from the pool deck.

• Like 2

One minor thing Freedom/Voyager Class has that is negative is the Deck 3 roadblock because of Studio B, but that was unavoidable due to space limitations.  The running tracks are better on the Oasis Class in regard to not having to dodge loungers and gawking people along with length.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amzgirl said:

Now ya'll are making me itch to get back on a Freedom Class.  Maybe for next year, the Independence is close by.

Note that virtually all the points mentioned are also true on Voyager class, with 500 fewer passengers.

• Like 5

I honestly like the freedom classes better than Oasis ( that is the only one I have been on)...I felt so crowded on Oasis like everywhere we went there was just so many people.  Freedom was awesome for our kids but let me tell Navigator is my kid's favorite one!! ( I guess b/c of the slides and laser tag!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yep, trivia with that fountain going is torture.

@John&LaLa beat me to it - trivia on Symphony was fine last week since there's no fountain under Rising Tide there. Solarium was also fine - not too hot and the pool was just fine. Royal definitely thought those aspects out a little better than her sisters.

14 minutes ago, garnetpalmetto said:

@John&LaLa beat me to it - trivia on Symphony was fine last week since there's no fountain under Rising Tide there. Solarium was also fine - not too hot and the pool was just fine. Royal definitely thought those aspects out a little better than her sisters.

We'll be on her for a B2B at the end of next month. I'm looking forward to the tweaks.

I never liked the Oasis fountain, but I do like the sequential water lights. 

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

+1 👍

Better Solarium and Solarium-pool!👍😍