MDR hours on debarkation day

75Vette

1 hour ago, James4me said:

It’s closed on debarkation morning.

Unless there has been a very recent change, this is completely wrong.  I have had breakfast in the MDR on Debarkation Day on every one of my cruises for the last 15 years.

Carnival's FAQs (https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1369/~/preparing-for-debarkation-day) states:

Guests may enjoy one last breakfast or relax with a cup of coffee.

• The main dining room serves breakfast 6:30am-8:30am (open seating)
  • The lido restaurant serves breakfast 6:30am-9:15am
  • Cafe on the Way is open 6:30am-9:30am
  • Like 2

Would it be acceptable to arrive to the MDR on debark morning just before 8:30am?  It is a bit early for me to eat but if we could get there right before 8:30am and enjoy a light breakfast before leaving and kill some time, I think I would really like it.  I just don't want to be rude to the staff if they want everyone out and done by 8:45ish.  I've never went to the MDR on debark morning but on our next cruise, we will have plenty of time as we have a midafternoon flight and don't have to rush right off the ship.

4 hours ago, James4me said:

It’s closed on debarkation morning.

No it’s not. We are rarely in a rush to get off the ship so we go to the MDR to have a leisurely breakfast while everyone else is rushing to get off this ship. It’s a nice way to end our cruise.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

Would it be acceptable to arrive to the MDR on debark morning just before 8:30am?  It is a bit early for me to eat but if we could get there right before 8:30am and enjoy a light breakfast before leaving and kill some time, I think I would really like it.  I just don't want to be rude to the staff if they want everyone out and done by 8:45ish.  I've never went to the MDR on debark morning but on our next cruise, we will have plenty of time as we have a midafternoon flight and don't have to rush right off the ship.

I wouldn't.  I doubt it would be a great experience that late in the morning, staff has so much to do already  plus they would be working to close the dining room and kitchen at that time.  I would hit the buffet and then try to find a quiet nook if I wanted to kill some time.

On the morning of debarkation, the MDR is open from 6:30-8:30.  On our last cruise at 8:30, they shut the massive doors and had someone there to let the diners out.  

I like dining at the MDR on debarkation as the Lido is crazy busy.  The service is super fast on debarkation as they want to get you fed and out the door asap.  People usually park their luggage at the entrance just inside.

9 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

6 minutes ago, 75Vette said:

To someone who eats in the MDR on debarkation day.

What time do they like you to leave the MDR on debarkation day so not to be an inconvenience the wait staff?

Thanks.

I can't say for certain when they would want you out by, but I would not recommend going in just before 8:30.  The latest my family has ever left there was maybe about 8:45 or so, and we had been seated by 8:00. 

If you want to make sure you have the latest possible MDR Debarkation Day breakfast without being turned away at the door, or being a nuisance to staff by staying too long, I suggest asking your waiter at dinner on the last night for a specific time recommendation for breakfast the next morning.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 7:33 PM, coevan said:

it is open with limited hours, Think they close at 8:30. I have never been, too early, but it was mentioned on a previous thread.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:38 PM, coevan said:

no less than 5 minutes early would be acceptable

Is 8:30 too early for you to eat or too early to be up?  Generally pax are to be out of their cabins by 8:30, so you would only need to leave your room about 10-15 minutes early if you wanted to try the dining room.  If it is too early to eat then never mind 😉 

EVERYone is at the buffet.   No thanks - not for me.  I prefer the dining room.   Muchmore relaxing.    BUt I would go about 8 and be done by 8:45      its also an area for where people meet to be taken off the ship.     You are not going to like going at 8:30  (for one-- if they seat you)    according to the fun times    breakfast is done being served before 9am.  

You will be off the ship by 10am

I always go as well. Since we have to be out of our rooms at 8, there's no reason to trickle in just before 830. We get everything set the night before. I usually set an alarm for 730, and since we're 98% packed and ready to go, we're always at the MDR well before 8. 

I believe I've been on 19 cruises. My most recent ones with Holland and Princess, I certainly didn't notice any disembarkation calls in my cabin before 730. If they were in the hallways, I slept through them. If they came after 8, then I'm probably already in the dining room at a reasonable time before they close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coevan said:

have you ever cruised? The announcements are ship wide, no just the halls like during a cruise, think muster drill sounds, really loud

They may be really loud in the hallway, next to the loud speaker, but our entire voyage, we only heard muffled noise in our cabin, that you could not make out what they were saying. Not once on our entire 5 day, could we make out what the announcement was. I don't know what I missed. It must have not been that important. We survived and had a great time.  

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, coevan said:

have you ever cruised? The announcements are ship wide, no just the halls like during a cruise, think muster drill sounds, really loud

It must vary ship-to-ship, because when I was on the Ecstasy last week, the debarkation announcement was only in the hallway. We were already up and moving around in our cabin when it was made, and we had to open the cabin door so that we could understand what was being said.

And honestly, that's the way I remember it being on all the Carnival cruises I have taken recently. I can't ever remember it being broadcast inside my room. It's always just been in the hallway.

• Like 1