EZ Air - Economy vs Premium Economy

GottaLuvCruising

We booked EZ Air only once.  We booked economy Boston to Heathrow on Virgin Atlantic.  Once paid, we were able to choose seats together and add luggage, both for a fee, on Virgin's website. 

Does anyone know exactly what benefits are included with Premium Economy?  Seat assignments?  Better seats?  Luggage?  Something else?  

Thank you!  

Delta had premium select on their int'l flights.  You board right after business class, you have your own bathroom for those in premium select; you have flt att's dedicated to your section. Your food is upgraded from what you would have in economy; the seats are wider than economy seat, the pitch is better, and you have a footrest.

We booked PE on British Airways and were able to book and confirm our seats immediately.  We also get two pieces of luggage and a carry on with PE booking.  I'm not sure what else is included since these are the only perks that I was interested in.  I also agree with ggprincess2004 that your best bet is to research each airline.  There might be some perk that will make you want to fly one airline over another.   

We recently flew economy from Toronto - Glasgow and then Gatwick - Toronto with Air Transat.  I had done some research and found 2X2 seating in the rear of the aircraft which made for a very comfortable flight.   But its all about what you are comfortable with.  

I can state quite categorically...no matter which airline or class we fly, we DON'T fly for the food.  😁😁😁

Edited by Anubi

We flew Virgin Atlantic in premium economy from SFO to Heathrow...what a great experience! We were spoiled! You get priority lines in security and boarding. Food and drinks are all complimentary and the comfort was amazing! We had 2 checked bags free. 

Edited by Coffeeluvr05

So lets talk about Premium Economy.  It might be the least understood airline option and for good reason.  It is simply a term, but the differences between various airlines are almost staggering.  We once flew Premium Economy on Air New Zealand from Auckland to LAX.  Our seats were amazing, far superior to any domestic (USA) Business or First Class.  But most Premium Economy in the USA (and elsewhere) is nothing more then Economy seats with a few extra inches of leg room...and perhaps some inflight services such as a lousy meal or drink.

So my advice to the OP is to not blindly book Premium Economy.  You need to know which airline and which type of aircraft.  You can then go to sites like seatguru.com and check on the seat specifications and also look at the airline's own published information.  

Hank

• Thanks 1

I discovered when checking EZair (or for FF miles awards) that sometimes not all flights in an itinerary were in Premium Economy.  So look at each flight to confirm the class of seat...sometimes a Premium Economy booking could have some flights in Economy class.

We booked a one way from Dublin to Chicago last year on United's premium economy.  It cost an extra $130 pp and all we really got was extra leg room, but in our opinion that alone was worth the extra $'s.

I had PE on a United Dreamliner  (Denver to London) and all it was just more legroom, standard legroom was not bad but a wider seat and more padding would have been welcome.

Always best to check the airline and seat guru web site to check your particular planes options.

We flew PE on Norwegian Airlines last year JFK to Gatwick. Extra cost was about $90 pp, but for that we got bigger comfier seats. priority security, priority check-in, priority boarding, teo check bags each, a better meal, free drinks & access to the Air France lounge at JFK. I also saved money bu booking through their website in Norway & paid in krone.