Vegetarian at Guy's Burgers

estrawn

10 minutes ago, daisymay1960 said:

Why should we be restricted as to where we can eat ? All the eating areas should cater for vegetarians , and  provide as many choices .I have looked at the menu examples for mdr  and there doesn't seem to be a lot of vegetarian choice , and it's all very well saying eat at the buffet but would prefer to eat with the rest of my party !

No one has restricted where you can eat.  Any restrictions are self imposed.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, daisymay1960 said:

Why should we be restricted as to where we can eat ? All the eating areas should cater for vegetarians , and  provide as many choices .

No they should not cater to vegetarians. It’s a simple burger joint. Before long every person that has a certain select eating style or even allergy  is going to expect/want what caters to them as well. Maybe guys need Kosher meat and buns. Maybe someone wants a turkey burger . Maybe this group needs that and this one that ..... Maybe the vegetarians need to simply go to the salad bar. Yea, that .....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

No one has restricted where you can eat.  Any restrictions are self imposed.

Post 11 on this thread is critical and suggests they go to the buffet. 

Vegetarians pay their fare and they can go to any food venue they care to regardless of what others may think. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daisymay1960 said:

Why should we be restricted as to where we can eat ? All the eating areas should cater for vegetarians , and  provide as many choices .I have looked at the menu examples for mdr  and there doesn't seem to be a lot of vegetarian choice , and it's all very well saying eat at the buffet but would prefer to eat with the rest of my party !

I don’t think you are being restricted at all. There are many vegetarian options available both in the buffets and MDR. Those of us who go to Guys Burgers are generally going for the real meat burgers not vegan burgers. If vegan becomes a choice available to you so be it but why should that become a mandate when other vegan options are available throughout the ship?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, coevan said:

Vegan and vegetarian are worlds apart

Since I am neither these terms mean nothing to me but if I misspoke I apologize My point is that vegetarian options are available throughout and since the OP was referring to vegetarian I will stick with that 

On 10/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, estrawn said:

Our group includes a vegetarian who likes to strictly follow proper practices.  She loves french fries but stays away from any that are cooked in oil containing animal fat.  Does anyone here know the fry oil content at Guy's?

The oil for the fries does not contain animal fat.  McDonald's is different. The fries have meat seasoning added at the processing plant and the oil at the restaurants is vegetable oil.

1 hour ago, Dixe Lee said:

Since I am neither these terms mean nothing to me but if I misspoke I apologize My point is that vegetarian options are available throughout and since the OP was referring to vegetarian I will stick with that 

I agree D.L. I have been aware of the term "vegetarian" for a long time. But "vegan" is a newly invented term to describe some kind of  culture/lifestyle/eating habits that, to mean, mean "counter culture", popularized during the vietnam war era. It's a mystery to me. But to each their own. I'm fine with that, as long as it doesn't effect me in any way. 

12 hours ago, daisymay1960 said:

It is possible you missed this is a venue that specializes and serves beef burgers which means meat is at the forefront.  There are other areas which will have vegetarian options available.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, daisymay1960 said:

Cater to vegetarians? lol

Thats a problem with vegans, they feel they are entitled to have a menu for their preferences. You chose a life style that "restricts" your food needs. Not CCL or any others responsibility. They will try and help you im sure, but to think they should cater to you and your life style choices is not their problem. SMH

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ray98 said:

It is possible you missed this is a venue that specializes and serves beef burgers which means meat is at the forefront.  There are other areas which will have vegetarian options available.

The OP is asking about how the fries are cooked, they aren't asking for an alternative to beef burgers to be served at Guy's. The thread title is misleading I do admit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

The OP is asking about how the fries are cooked, they aren't asking for an alternative to beef burgers to be served at Guy's. The thread title is misleading I do admit. 

That is a non-issue, the thread morphed into some sort of entitlement issue.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

The oil for the fries does not contain animal fat.  McDonald's is different. The fries have meat seasoning added at the processing plant and the oil at the restaurants is vegetable oil.

This is the answer to my question and I certainly appreciate it.  I will now now out and let the war rage on 😜

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

I have celiac disease, and just got off of a cruise where I ate at Guy's twice - they OFFER a gluten free bun, and each time, I REQUESTED a gluten free bun.  It's not the best gluten free bun and they'd do a lot better just to carry some frozen UDI's buns but you don't see me requesting an UDI's bun.  Why? Because they don't offer it.  

At just about any restaurant you go to, you can customize your food - at Burger King, hold the mayo. At a steak restaurant - cook it medium.  At Chick-fil-a - crispy chicken sandwich rather than grilled.  You can request these options because it's what the restaurant offers.  

While I agree that OP is a bit entitled to suggest that they should cater to vegetarians and offer just as many options, if Guy's OFFERS a veggie burger, why shouldn't a vegetarian be able to REQUEST one? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

I have celiac disease, and just got off of a cruise where I ate at Guy's twice - they OFFER a gluten free bun, and each time, I REQUESTED a gluten free bun.  It's not the best gluten free bun and they'd do a lot better just to carry some frozen UDI's buns but you don't see me requesting an UDI's bun.  Why? Because they don't offer it.  

At just about any restaurant you go to, you can customize your food - at Burger King, hold the mayo. At a steak restaurant - cook it medium.  At Chick-fil-a - crispy chicken sandwich rather than grilled.  You can request these options because it's what the restaurant offers.  

While I agree that OP is a bit entitled to suggest that they should cater to vegetarians and offer just as many options, if Guy's OFFERS a veggie burger, why shouldn't a vegetarian be able to REQUEST one? 

The OP here. Just to set the record straight I said absolutely nothing about Guy's needing to cater to vegetarians. All I did was ask if there's any animal fat in the fry oil.    Catering to vegetarians is something that just seemed to evolve in the course of the thread. 

14 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, estrawn said:

The OP here. Just to set the record straight I said absolutely nothing about Guy's needing to cater to vegetarians. All I did was ask if there's any animal fat in the fry oil.    Catering to vegetarians is something that just seemed to evolve in the course of the thread. 

You're right, that was a different poster, sorry!

13 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

No they should not cater to vegetarians. It’s a simple burger joint. Before long every person that has a certain select eating style or even allergy  is going to expect/want what caters to them as well. Maybe guys need Kosher meat and buns. Maybe someone wants a turkey burger . Maybe this group needs that and this one that ..... Maybe the vegetarians need to simply go to the salad bar. Yea, that .....

You aren't as clever as you think you are.  A veggie burger pretty much solves the issue for all of the above. It's about having an alternative to beef.  And this appeals to more than just vegetarians. And as I said in a previous post, damn near every restaurant, including major fast food chains, have a non beef burger option.  It's reasonable to expect the same at Guys.  

On 10/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, estrawn said:

Our group includes a vegetarian who likes to strictly follow proper practices.  She loves french fries but stays away from any that are cooked in oil containing animal fat.  Does anyone here know the fry oil content at Guy's?

After having the original post devolve into a "war" on vegetarians and vegans , did the OP ever get a straight answer??