Lunch options for Allure at Boarding

1 minute ago, Island Beachdog said:

Can someone tell me what options there are for lunch on embarkation day? We will be on the Allure for the first time.  I know the Windjammer will be packed and would prefer to avoid if possible.  What other options are there?

Thanks

I would go to Park Cafe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I would go to Park Cafe.

I agree I like their food, but it has been packed too.  I see many people sitting in Park 150 and other places with their food.

It's a "hunger games" for lunch.😳

Solarium maybe?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Island Beachdog said:

Can someone tell me what options there are for lunch on embarkation day? We will be on the Allure for the first time.  I know the Windjammer will be packed and would prefer to avoid if possible.  What other options are there?

Thanks

Solarium Cafe, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Boardwalk Dog House, Wipeout Cafe.

We got off the Allure about 1 month ago. (wow seems like eons). We were on early so went to the WJ.  We always go to the back and get a table there.  It was funny. Most of the cruise we got the same table.  Go to the back and have one person wait at the table. We swapped each other off.  Also seemed like the left side was less crowded. I feel everyone who is right handed head to the right side. We are both lefties. 

5 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

We got off the Allure about 1 month ago. (wow seems like eons). We were on early so went to the WJ.  We always go to the back and get a table there.  It was funny. Most of the cruise we got the same table.  Go to the back and have one person wait at the table. We swapped each other off.  Also seemed like the left side was less crowded. I feel everyone who is right handed head to the right side. We are both lefties. 

Funnily enough we nearly always fine the left hand side to be less crowded and when we dine in there also nearly always get the same table.

Think on sea days for lunch should you eat there the Windjammer is all about timing.

6 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Funnily enough we nearly always fine the left hand side to be less crowded and when we dine in there also nearly always get the same table.

Think on sea days for lunch should you eat there the Windjammer is all about timing.

They say the majority of people head right when presented a choice and I think its true from watching people enter WJ

Edited by Tulsacoker

One of my fave/easiest embarkations ever was Allure last year.

The new Miami terminal is rockstar... embarked in minutes from curbside and into the ship with the new technology.

With the UDP we had planned to have lunch at Sabor... it was a ghost town! Only one other table showed up for the hour we were there. Excellent food, great aft view, sipping on Margarita's. Not only that, the Maitre'D set up entire week's dining there for all the venues we wished at the exact times we wanted. Here's what Sabor looked liked basically for our entire lunch.... open 11:30am-3:30pm at that time, hopefully it still is.

IMG_8691.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95

We too purchased the UDP, so glad to hear that Sabor was open for lunch.  

My real confusion with this package is that you can reserve dinner time on line for day 1, but I couldn't select a dining venue.  Plus, I cannot reserve on line ahead of time for any of the other days.  So, when can I make the reservations or just ask the Maitre'D at Sabor to set mine up for the week?  It seems so inefficient.

1 hour ago, Gennystravel said:

We too purchased the UDP, so glad to hear that Sabor was open for lunch.  

My real confusion with this package is that you can reserve dinner time on line for day 1, but I couldn't select a dining venue.  Plus, I cannot reserve on line ahead of time for any of the other days.  So, when can I make the reservations or just ask the Maitre'D at Sabor to set mine up for the week?  It seems so inefficient.

Only once has RCL ever had an actual dining venue booked for me. Every time I went to a specialty venue when I embarked, I did not have a reservation booked at all. They see that I do have a package and confirm it, and I ask them to start filling in dates/times/venue of where I want to eat day by day... easy peasy. By the way, you don't have to have the same time every night... you can mix & match depending on port times and what shows you wish to see.

So no need for confusion, you'll be just fine... head directly to Chops/Sabor/Giovanni's/or wherever you wish when you embark, and have that person at the podium book all your meals for the entire week. They have access to all venues. This is what the system looked like at about 12:30pm that embarkation day once the Maitre'D was done at Sabor

IMG_8698.JPG

• Like 1

I hope everyone enjoyed the cruise.  We certainly did.  As for the hubs. He ended up having triple bypass surgery a week after we got back from vacation. Was not planned. Had chest pains when he went to work the following week. Ended up at Beth Israel in Boston for the surgery.  We were thankful that nothing happened on our cruise as we were not aware that 2 arteries were 80% blocked and the third was 60% blocked.  Take life as it comes people and enjoy every cruise.

6 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

I hope everyone enjoyed the cruise.  We certainly did.  As for the hubs. He ended up having triple bypass surgery a week after we got back from vacation. Was not planned. Had chest pains when he went to work the following week. Ended up at Beth Israel in Boston for the surgery.  We were thankful that nothing happened on our cruise as we were not aware that 2 arteries were 80% blocked and the third was 60% blocked.  Take life as it comes people and enjoy every cruise.

YIKES!  Hope he's recovering well.

58 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thanks  rhungtinton.  Yes. He's on his way to recovering but you tend to look at things a little differently when something like this happens.  Just glad nothing happened on the trip. 

So glad nothing happened on the cruise. That is so scary. Hope he is doing well and you both get to go on another cruise.