Another Annoyance

On 10/18/2019 at 1:23 PM, Diver2014 said:

Cell phone cameras are the best and worst things ever invented. How and when to use them isn't listed in the instructions and many people just don't care if they are bothering others.

No, because too many have the attitude "I paid for this vacation and I will do whatever I please, whenever I please and however I please no matter if it is rude,immoral, unkind, entitled or anything else. It's my vacation. Too bad about my fellow human beings who also paid their hard earned money to spend a week with my caveman behaviors."  

I do think most people are decent and would probably try to be discreet, but there are plenty who feel like they paid for their stateroom and that gives them the right to do whatever they want and ignore good sense.   Now if it were the other way around, they would probably be upset with you for blocking their view. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, hallux said:

Ever try walking up to the Bellagio along the fountain?  I was there 3 years ago, it's an absolute MOB SCENE with selfie sticks.  You're constantly either running into a selfie stick or walking between someone and the person taking their picture.

We were there 3 years ago. No selfie sticks at 500'

IMG_20170111_080534_749.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t go to a concert. Much worse. Thats why we buy tickets in the first few rolls. 

Axl Rose and Slash

We all know what Slash looks like. We didn't need to see this grainy low-quality picture you took.

Using photographic evidence to make sure a bunch of strangers know you were close to the stage... that's not impressive. That's the opposite of impressive. 

Please take a break from the amateur photography and enjoy the shows so the rest of us can enjoy them more as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sinusoid said:

We all know what Slash looks like. We didn't need to see this grainy low-quality picture you took.

Using photographic evidence to make sure a bunch of strangers know you were close to the stage... that's not impressive. That's the opposite of impressive. 

Please take a break from the amateur photography and enjoy the shows so the rest of us can enjoy them more as well.

That’s your opinion. We enjoy looking back and talking about what a great time we had. 

Hoping my new iPhone 11 Pro Max has a better camera. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 5

This is nothing new. The only thing that has changed is the device. Before phones it was the digital camera before that a regular camera. Before that it was the news reporter style video recorders that you needed to carry on your shoulder. 

In 10-20 years people will be recording on whatever new device is out there. 

4 minutes ago, BigHouseFootball said:

This is nothing new. The only thing that has changed is the device. Before phones it was the digital camera before that a regular camera. Before that it was the news reporter style video recorders that you needed to carry on your shoulder. 

In 10-20 years people will be recording on whatever new device is out there. 

I disagree, the glowing screens in a darkened theatre in my line of sight are very distracting.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:44 PM, Diamond Dandy said:

Just off Harmony on 10/13 after 2 weeks. 

People using their screens to photograph or record during shows is really becoming a big problem, in my opinion.

They hold the screens up to take the pic, usually blocking part of the view or at least distracting those behind them. Venue doesn't matter: it happens in Aqua Theater, main show room, and the ice shows. We've noticed this on other Oasis class ships, but it seems to be much more commonplace now. 

(Besides annoying us on the cruise they'll no doubt hold folks at home hostage to watch them, or worse never even look at them again, but I digress.)

Not as big an annoyance as the good old chair hogs, or Diamond Club chair hogs, but it is getting there.

I'll call them Coffee Happy Hour Hogs the chair hogs are there opening up the club and closing it down