Another Annoyance

While on Harmony at the Aqua Theater, a man in front of us, put his I-pad up and started recording.  We couldn’t see a thing.  My husband asked him to please put it down because we couldn’t see.  He refused until his wife asked him to stop.  He took out his phone and started snapping pics with a flash.  Others around him put the pressure on him and he finally stopped.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

While on Harmony at the Aqua Theater, a man in front of us, put his I-pad up and started recording.  We couldn’t see a thing.  My husband asked him to please put it down because we couldn’t see.  He refused until his wife asked him to stop.  He took out his phone and started snapping pics with a flash.  Others around him put the pressure on him and he finally stopped.

We had an I-pad recorder in front of us once as well.  Took several around us to finally get her to stop.. She was defiant.

Exactly when have any of you been to a real concert in an Stadium/Arena/Amphitheatre?  Some bands even promote phone use. No more lighters are used, just cell phone lights  We have had the talent take our cell phones and do a selfie on stage and hand it back. No professional cameras are allowed. People periscope events, Instagram, Twitter, and so on. 

It the early days of cell use, videos and pictures were prohibited. I haven’t been to a concert in the last 5 years where use of ones cell phone is prohibited. 

if you want un-obstructed view, sit in the front. 

Entitled.... me, no way. We pay for our seats. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Exactly when have any of you been to a real concert in an Stadium/Arena/Amphitheatre?  Some bands even promote phone use. No more lighters are used, just cell phone lights  We have had the talent take our cell phones and do a selfie on stage and hand it back. No professional cameras are allowed. People periscope events, Instagram, Twitter, and so on. 

It the early days of cell use, videos and pictures were prohibited. I haven’t been to a concert in the last 5 years where use of ones cell phone is prohibited. 

Yep. I don't think people who have their phones out grabbing a pic here and there are rude. They are excited to capture a moment of something they are in awe of seeing. It's no big deal. If someone was holding a phone up taking a long video and it was obscuring my view, I would just let them know politely that it was blocking my view. I bet most people would apologize and lower the camera.

These people are not out to get others that are sitting behind them. 🙄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

It was definitely in PC

I have only done MJ, EN, OA, MA out of PC.

The reference you made about Sean Connery voice in the theater is very familiar, but I think I only heard it once. Had you not brought it up, and someone asked me, I would have swore it was on a CCL ship.

The cruises are starting to run together... better book another one. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Been to many, many concerts.  Too many to count.  Almost always close to the stage.  Other than having my eardrums blown the next day awesome.  But we're talking about shows on cruise ships.  Apples to oranges.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Been to many, many concerts.  Too many to count.  Almost always close to the stage.  Other than having my eardrums blown the next day awesome.  But we're talking about shows on cruise ships.  Apples to oranges.

Actually that's kind of funny because we've been to many tribute band performances on Royal and the performers try and get people on their feet, but few do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually that's kind of funny because we've been to many tribute band performances on Royal and the performers try and get people on their feet, but few do.

I bet they wouldn't be as loud as Guns N Roses or KISS 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Diamond Dandy said:

(Besides annoying us on the cruise they'll no doubt hold folks at home hostage to watch them, or worse never even look at them again, but I digress.)

Or never watch them again. I don't know how anyone can even enjoy the show while filming it. Just be happy that they don't stand up and take a selfie with the show or the performer in the background.

1 hour ago, 123funcruiser said:

It´s annoying but not only during Shows but unfortunately everywhere. All those People knocking you with their Selfie sticks are a Major PITA as well. 

Ever try walking up to the Bellagio along the fountain?  I was there 3 years ago, it's an absolute MOB SCENE with selfie sticks.  You're constantly either running into a selfie stick or walking between someone and the person taking their picture.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I recently went to a Bruno Mars concert in Vegas where he had all of our phones locked up when we walked through security. You could keep it on you but it was in a locked bag. There were areas outside you could get it unlocked if you needed to use it. It was the best concert I’ve ever seen because no one was distracted. I wish they would all do this. 

• Like 1