Drinking on our balcony

zubee23

6 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I just saw that you can't bring bottled water on to the ship.

If you have the Premium Plus drink package you can get still or sparkling water bottles at any bar.  

If you don't have a drink package you can order water bottles delivered to your cabin.  

102599454_ScreenShot2019-10-28at12_59_19AM.thumb.png.d9fc3b16967233253fd272ddd02e4451.png

Edited by Motegi

Just Water is the eco-friendly water company started by Jaden and Will Smith.  Many resorts are switching over to this product with 82% of it's bottle made from plants.  We were at the Cove at the Atlantis over the weekend and the Cove served Just Water, while the rest of the resort had Dasani.  We were told that many places in the Bahamas will be making the switch in the coming year or so.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:25 AM, Beer Belly said:

If you are a beer drinker, like we are, just split up, hit the bar and each of you ask for 2 beers unopened and bring back to your cabin. Every time we headed back to our cabin for one reason or another, we did this, as soon the fridge was stocked....of course, you need to ask your attendant to empty the fridge first.

You can also bring an empty cooler or cooler bag and stock it with ice so you can get a collection of beer going and keep it cool without dealing with the fridges.  It's also handy to have in port!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 8:04 PM, disneylover89 said:

I read that they put it in the little stool/foot rest.  The top comes off

All three times we have been, they remove the alcohol from our room completely (or hide it well enough that I've never found it!) We also travel with a full room, and use the stool storage for the kids' colouring and toys. And every available drawer and storage area for clothes. 🙂

We order extra juices from room service with breakfast or bring juice back from the buffet.  Then whenever we happen to be headed back to the room we stop at a bar and ask for a couple of shots of rum (or whatever) without ice so we have it for later.  Same idea as the beers but just a little bit more effort. 

2 hours ago, NikkiDee-Canada said:

All three times we have been, they remove the alcohol from our room completely (or hide it well enough that I've never found it!) We also travel with a full room, and use the stool storage for the kids' colouring and toys. And every available drawer and storage area for clothes. 🙂

That is what we thought too, until packing the last night when as my wife was doing her obsessive "have we forgotten anything" sweep, we found a pillowcase full of the minibar contents under the sofa or bed (can't recall which).

On 10/22/2019 at 4:25 AM, Beer Belly said:

If you are a beer drinker, like we are, just split up, hit the bar and each of you ask for 2 beers unopened and bring back to your cabin. Every time we headed back to our cabin for one reason or another, we did this, as soon the fridge was stocked....of course, you need to ask your attendant to empty the fridge first.

I just emailed this quote to my wife - we're headed on the Breakaway in 10 days and we're 100% doing this. You are a hero. 

We were on deck 13 forward on Escape and the brew house was below on deck 8. I would run down and get a couple of pints of draft and carry them back up the stairs. I learned 5 flights is just the right amount of exercise!

It was awesome to sit on the balcony in the perfect Bermuda weather and sip  fresh draft beer. So awesome!

Edited by salty dingo

On 10/22/2019 at 6:25 AM, ziggyuk said:

I complained and it was refunded back to the ships account but never back to my credit card, I probably needed to claim the cash.

If you end the cruise with a negative balance, they mail you a check rather than crediting your card.  Happened to me with a cancelled excursion that I prepaid.

4 hours ago, Megalyn said:

If you end the cruise with a negative balance, they mail you a check rather than crediting your card.  Happened to me with a cancelled excursion that I prepaid.

Thanks, that's worth knowing, in my case it's been 8 months so I guess it won't happen now, you never know, I might have a nice supprise.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jenner9 said:

When they empty the fridge do they actually remove the items from the room or just shove it in a cabinet or drawer? I have 4 in my cabin. I need all the storage space I can get!

They did this when we requested it. I would prefer they just take it out of the room so there's no confusion or incorrect charges - is there any way to request this?

Always get a couple of beers from my friendly bartender and ask him/her not to open it to take to my room after breakfast.  Ask my room steward for ice in my ice bucket every day. After the first day on board, I usually have 3-4 beers sitting in ice ready for me in my cabin.