Drinking on our balcony

zubee23

If you are a beer drinker, like we are, just split up, hit the bar and each of you ask for 2 beers unopened and bring back to your cabin. Every time we headed back to our cabin for one reason or another, we did this, as soon the fridge was stocked....of course, you need to ask your attendant to empty the fridge first.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

ask your attendant to empty the fridge first.

I will do that as a matter of course from now on, we were charged for items from the mini bar on the last day and we did not touch anything.

I complained and it was refunded back to the ships account but never back to my credit card, I probably needed to claim the cash.

It was only a small amount so not a big deal, just principle of being wrongly charged.

• Like 1

yes, the first thing I ask the attendant to do is empty the mini fridge.  I always stop and get a bottled water whenever I'm going back to the room so I keep my fridge stocked with water to keep myself hydrated from drinking all night.  🙂  I never knew I could ask for a beer un-opened though.....

• Like 1

First thing we do is ask for the fridge to be emptied and ask for ice. You can bring back unopened beers and stock the fridge. We just get into the habit of not going back to the cabin empty handed. I also will bring back shots of Rye or Scotch during the day for a pre dinner drink on the balcony. And sometimes an after dinner drink on the balcony too! 🥃

• Like 2

We think about things like this when selecting our room location. We always make sure we are as close to a set of stairs/elevator as possible so we don't have to walk up and down the super long hallways to get to the bars.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

I do know Coors Light just gets cracked open and handed to you, at least on the Escape last year, just close it back up and you're good to go. It may help if you have a good tip in your hand when you ask, make sure it's visible.

When I sailed Escape, I'd get 2 unopened Heinekens from the bar up on deck 19 right outside of Vibe and bring it back to my cabin. I'd do it once or twice a day and put it into my already emptied fridge and have it for when I was getting ready for dinner or whenever the mood struck me. I did tip this particular bartender a little extra every day.

One  of  the  nice  things  about  Norwegian  drink  package  is  that  they let  me order two  drinks ,  which  meant  that  my wife  did  not  have  to  go  to the  mojito bar with  me  to  get  her  drink .  We had Moscow  mules, Margeritas , Mojitos on the balcany  often . It  was  convenient . 

8 hours ago, 2+2 said:

One  of  the  nice  things  about  Norwegian  drink  package  is  that  they let  me order two  drinks ,  which  meant  that  my wife  did  not  have  to  go  to the  mojito bar with  me  to  get  her  drink .  We had Moscow  mules, Margeritas , Mojitos on the balcany  often . It  was  convenient . 

Agree, we didn't need a second card till we ordered a third drink for another member of our party.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roger001 said:

You cannot always get an unopened beer.  Some bartenders say they cannot do that.  Don't know if it is ship specific or what, but you never know.  

If they still serve Grolsch  beer  they could open it but the cap comes attached to the bottle so you can reseal it. 😉

My 19 year old son figured that one out pretty fast.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:25 AM, ziggyuk said:

I will do that as a matter of course from now on, we were charged for items from the mini bar on the last day and we did not touch anything.

I complained and it was refunded back to the ships account but never back to my credit card, I probably needed to claim the cash.

It was only a small amount so not a big deal, just principle of being wrongly charged.

I understand exactly how you feel.  We were charged $21.60 and I played heck getting them to take the charge off - it took 4 days and multiple calls and visits to CS.  We had the UBP and there was no way we were going to pay it.  Our steward "made a mistake" it was finally determined!  From now on I will request to empty the darn mini-bar!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ddlb said:

I understand exactly how you feel.  We were charged $21.60 and I played heck getting them to take the charge off - it took 4 days and multiple calls and visits to CS.  We had the UBP and there was no way we were going to pay it.  Our steward "made a mistake" it was finally determined!  From now on I will request to empty the darn mini-bar!

Yep. On our last several cruises we've requested to have the fridge emptied on the first day.

We started doing it when we were sailing rccl as they allowed us to bring a case of water on board and continued doing it on the Escape when we sailed her as I had ordered a 12 pack of their water and it was waiting for us in our cabin. And that's also when I started bringing unopen beers back to the cabin whenever I was going back. Very convenient.

it's a tad harder if you're a wine drinker, but we did bring the hydroflask bottles and order a couple large glasses of white wine from bars on our way back to the balcony and the hydroflask kept them cool....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenner9 said:

When they empty the fridge do they actually remove the items from the room or just shove it in a cabinet or drawer? I have 4 in my cabin. I need all the storage space I can get!

I read that they put it in the little stool/foot rest.  The top comes off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjm11 said:

it's a tad harder if you're a wine drinker, but we did bring the hydroflask bottles and order a couple large glasses of white wine from bars on our way back to the balcony and the hydroflask kept them cool....

Thanks....great idea.   I just ordered a Hydroflask from Amazon

On 10/22/2019 at 8:13 AM, LrgPizza said:

We think about things like this when selecting our room location. We always make sure we are as close to a set of stairs/elevator as possible so we don't have to walk up and down the super long hallways to get to the bars.

Love this!

On escape this past week I just asked the bartender for two landsharks to go, and he gave them to me unopened.

It was nice when we came back from port with not much time before our dinner reservation, to have a couple cold beers in the mini fridge (which do not cost extra.)

On 10/23/2019 at 7:24 AM, DirtyDawg said:

If they still serve Grolsch  beer  they could open it but the cap comes attached to the bottle so you can reseal it. 😉

My 19 year old son figured that one out pretty fast.

Haven’t seen Grolsch for a couple years now, unfortunately.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:12 AM, dbrown84 said:

yes, the first thing I ask the attendant to do is empty the mini fridge.  I always stop and get a bottled water whenever I'm going back to the room so I keep my fridge stocked with water to keep myself hydrated from drinking all night.  🙂  I never knew I could ask for a beer un-opened though.....

I just saw that you can't bring bottled water on to the ship.