3rd guest cannot go final pay done what to do

Rfemle

3 rd guest in haven room under $100 for 3/4 guest will not be able to go. Final payment made. New guest not option. Do I do no show or cancel?  We have a forward facing haven H7. I searched all over and found not much. Called TA they confused me and I believe they were not sure. Thanks in advance for response. 

The answer isn’t straightforward.  Did you purchase travel insurance for this cruise?  Does the 3rd person expect to get money back?  If so, then the person needs to cancel in order to file a travel insurance claim.  Taxes and port charges will be refunded by NCL, and the travel insurer will reimburse the person’s fare if the cancellation is for a covered reason.  If the person’s reason for backing out is not covered by insurance, or there is no travel insurance, it would be best for that person to be a no-show.  NCL would still refund the taxes and port charges.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, since the reason isn’t covered by insurance, the person should be a no-show.  When you check in, if they ask about the third person, just say he/she couldn’t make it.  NCL will refund that person’s taxes and port charges.  I have done just that, and there is no problem.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perfect. That was my thought also just no show. Was hoping to get taxes and port fees back. The $100 loss for 3rd guest not coming is fine in the schema of things. 3rd ended up with new job and required school.  Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

I would suggest taking me instead.  I would be fine on a sofa in a Haven suite. 

I was thinking the the same thing, and i am not joking, i am quiet, would mind my own business, and most important i dont smell

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rfemle said:

3 rd guest in haven room under $100 for 3/4 guest will not be able to go. Final payment made. New guest not option. Do I do no show or cancel?  We have a forward facing haven H7. I searched all over and found not much. Called TA they confused me and I believe they were not sure. Thanks in advance for response. 

Sounds to me like you need a new travel agent.

• Like 2

This happened to us. Our third person couldn't make it. It was under the 3/4 person free.

They refunded everything except for the insurance cost. Reason is the only cost was

port fees, taxes, and insurance cost. I called NCL directly to cancel as my booking

was with them. Maybe a travel agent cancellation is done differently.

We are very close to our date. TA said we would pay $100 cancellation fee if we called and cancelled rather than no show and that we may risk being moved from a our haven fwd facing H7. Based on now being a party of two. I was thinking of calling NCL and see if I can move into an H5 in the haven since we will not need the separate living area. But this cruise only has GTY which prior to that was only an accessible room which I do not want and will not pay any upgrade $ to move. The H7 is same price as H5. 

1 hour ago, Rfemle said:

We are very close to our date. TA said we would pay $100 cancellation fee if we called and cancelled rather than no show and that we may risk being moved from a our haven fwd facing H7. Based on now being a party of two. I was thinking of calling NCL and see if I can move into an H5 in the haven since we will not need the separate living area. But this cruise only has GTY which prior to that was only an accessible room which I do not want and will not pay any upgrade $ to move. The H7 is same price as H5. 

I never heard of being moved out of your room for that. We have had a third person cancel when staying in a Haven Owner's suite and a Haven 2 bedroom and we just stayed in our cabin with one less person.

Edited by Peachypooh

No show is fine.  They have your money...you're past any refunds....they don't really care if ANY of you show up!  When you check in, simply say that one will not be making the cruise.  That's all.  Your room will NOT be changed.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, Peachypooh said:

I never heard of being moved out of your room for that. We have had a third person cancel when staying in a Haven Owner's suite and a Haven 2 bedroom and we just stayed in our cabin with one less person.

I haven't heard about it on NCL, but over on Royal it's definitely a thing. But they now have a bajillion more room categories that NCL so rooms that are for 2 are a different category than rooms for 3 even if they're basically the exact same category. So Royal will make you move to a room for only 2 so they can have the room for 3 open to sell. 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I haven't heard about it on NCL, but over on Royal it's definitely a thing. But they now have a bajillion more room categories that NCL so rooms that are for 2 are a different category than rooms for 3 even if they're basically the exact same category. So Royal will make you move to a room for only 2 so they can have the room for 3 open to sell. 

Interesting! I will keep that in mind. Thanks.