ideas for carrying medallion around the ship?

jujuyu211

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I suppose with a nice big glass of water you could swallow it and then it would be with you all day. Of course, you would probably have to repeat this process every other day or so!

Thanks for that.  I just spilled my coffee laughing.

2 hours ago, emeraldlake said:

I just ordered these on ebay.  Have not received yet but will be interesting to see if they work.  $1.17 each

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323923771955s-l1600.jpg

Once you receive these it would great if you would report how they work and how securely they hold the medallion.

Thanks!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

Once you receive these it would great if you would report how they work and how securely they hold the medallion.

Thanks!!

I'm assuming you mean that your cruise won't be until Feb. 2020. You may very well be on the same cruise as we are booked on, the Royal out of LA. I was thinking if you received them before your cruise maybe you could let us know what you think of them then. My biggest concern would be if the medallion is held tight enough to keep it from falling out.

Thanks again and I hope you have a great cruise.

Tom

1 hour ago, Bwana Tom said:

Thanks!!

I know that a lot of people were wondering about the Medallion/FitBit accessories on Amazon and whether they would fit....they do! My SO is not a lanyard guy so I got a black one for him that he can clip in his pocket.

I made a lanyard/necklace for my medallion. The Medallion fits just fine and can be clipped on and off the necklace. 

medallion lanyard.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, emeraldlake said:

Thanks.  Good to know.  I also use a retractable badge reel that clips to your pocket which you can clip this.  You can then pull out to reach anything that you may need to put medallion next to.

Retractable Badge Reel/Alligator Swivel Clip/Slide On Clip/Belt Clip/RN Accessories/Office Supplies/Plain ID Holder

Where did you get it? Would solve problem of needing to put medallion on blue circle to charge

35 minutes ago, knotheadken said:

I was thinking that women could keep it in their bra, but that might make scanning it interesting.

And uncomfortable 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Where did you get it? Would solve problem of needing to put medallion on blue circle to charge

And uncomfortable 

I have had them for years but you can check Amazon or Ebay.  Search for "retractable badge holder".

• Thanks 1

I used to keep cruise card on a lanyard but the increased weight of the medallion made a lanyard uncomfortable on our Regal cruise so my husband offered to carry it in his pocket since we are usually together or I just left it in the cabin.  Later I realized that would show that I went in a lot of men's rooms if they were tracking where I went. Giggle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for all the suggestions, pictures, product links, and the laughs... 😂

I know the medallion is about the size of a quarter but was wondering how heavy it is? and the plastic case... is that heavy and how big is it? 

I also thought of another cool idea for after the cruise... I'm thinking to put a magnet behind the medallion and stick it on our fridge for a souvenir! This would be much nicer than collecting a bunch of cruise cards in a box somewhere I'll never dig up again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

I love  mine, wore it 2 weeks ,never took it off. Scuba diving, snorkelling...light as a feather. love it!

1628447611_ScreenShot2019-11-03at11_06_43PM.png.4cf76d3dab24a7e74f390a1a594f1265.png

That looks good!  Where did you get it and how much did it cost?  Are there different styles for men and women?

• Like 2

I got in on the ship in June, comes in silver and gold and looks real sharp 😎not cheap looking. I think it was around 40 $ . Made very solid , never came off . The medallion just pops out if you need to scan it, but mostly you just tap it on the machine. We love them! DH just got a plain black rubbery band that he did not mind . Don’t worry you’ll have lots of time to figure out which style works for you 😎when you’re on the ship. hope this helps 😊

• Like 1