Vibe to become available for pre-booking...

sid_9169

According to an article on the Cruise Critic Homepage, entitled: Just Back From Norwegian Encore: Hits & Misses from a Taster Cruise, there are plans to make Vibe available to reserve in advance... This is the very first that I've heard of this. The article can be found on the CC Homepage under "Cruise News" (News headlines- 11/13/19) I will copy and paste the paragraph:

One of the biggest changes on Norwegian Encore is the conversion of the Spice H20 adults-only sundeck into a larger Vibe sundeck, which requires a weekly pass (prices with this space, too, are still in flux). The new Vibe is glorious -- it spans both sides of the upper deck, plus has additional loungers a deck above. With a full-service bar, shaded cabanas and hot tubs, it's the perfect place to spend a sunny week in the Caribbean -- but you'll pay for the privilege. The space definitely cuts into the availability of complimentary places to sun.

Norwegian execs say that they made Vibe bigger at the bequest of passengers, who often run to guest services to buy passes. Vibe now has room for 270 people, as opposed to the 70 slots available when the space first debuted on Norwegian Breakaway. Another plus: passengers will be able to reserve in advance. But we have heard displeasure with the move on Cruise Critic forums and after seeing what public deck space is available on Norwegian Encore, we share the concern.

One mitigating factor: Norwegian Encore does have the large Observation Lounge indoor space that has an unprecedented public footprint; we were told that the line took out 44 revenue-producing cabins to make the Observation Lounge happen. That's great when Norwegian Encore is in Alaska; the lounge is perfect for comfortable glacier viewing. But ships have limited seasons in Alaska. Free outdoor deck space will be at a premium when the ship sails warm-weather itineraries.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If Haven guests get first shot at reserving (like dinner reservations), non-Haven guests will complain.

If Haven guests do not get first shot at reserving (like dinner reservations), Haven guests will complain.

tenor.gif

Giving Haven guests opportunity to reserve first is no different than it is now. So presumably no more than now will purchase them. 

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If Haven guests get first shot at reserving (like dinner reservations), non-Haven guests will complain.

If Haven guests do not get first shot at reserving (like dinner reservations), Haven guests will complain.

tenor.gif

Giving Haven guests opportunity to reserve first is no different than it is now. So presumably no more than now will purchase them. 

That's an interesting concept that MIGHT make it even more difficult to get passes! I think of myself, for instance. I would NEVER race onto the ship to try and be in line to secure a pass. Just too stressful and not the way I want to begin my vacation. However, with an option to do it from home in my PJs, I just might try it. I wonder how many others have a similar mindset? People like me would have been no competition for the buying onboard passes, but if it's pre-reserve in advance online....bring it on!!! LOL

Can you pre-book a spot on the tiny postage stamp of public deck space that is still left after NCL's disgusting cash grab? 

And say goodbye to a quiet, relaxing Waterfront. It's the only remaining space for the spillover crowds. It will essentially be a pool-less pool deck.

The fact I will never, ever set foot on the NCL Encore despite being a Platinum Plus cruiser is what motivated to book my first cruise with RCL this week. Looking forward to trying the Anthem! Looks like a beautiful ship without massive sections of it off limits to general passengers. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

...so the usual complaints will continue...

I will be doing a Haven xmas vacation this year(second time in two years).  I feel I have already paid for private deck in Haven area.  I do not know enough about the vibe, to understand why I would pay for it, if I already have a similar private area in Haven.

1 minute ago, zebrazeb said:

I will be doing a Haven xmas vacation this year(second time in two years).  I feel I have already paid for private deck in Haven area.  I do not know enough about the vibe, to understand why I would pay for it, if I already have a similar private area in Haven.

Vibe is strictly 18+. Haven is not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwakwa630 said:

Vibe is strictly 18+. Haven is not.

ahh...gotcha.  thank you

based on the fact that I am bringing my 8 year old son, I will not be in Vibe area.  But again, I will be in Haven, so will still have private area.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

tenor.gif

Why would a Haven guest want access to Vibe?  They have an almost identical adjacent sun deck that is less crowded and more exclusive.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Why would a Haven guest want access to Vibe?  They have an almost identical adjacent sun deck that is less crowded and more exclusive.

I have never been, nor will I ever be, a Haven guest, so no clue. But it happens, so the only thing I can think of is the 18+ designation

20 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

The distance from the Haven sundeck to the Haven bar is 2 decks. Not everyone wants to wait for (sporadic?) drink service while staying in the Haven.

Look at how many people who don't get VIBE access blame Haven guests for taking so many passes. Some Haven guests want them even though the Haven sundeck is 16 and older. Plus, if Haven and non-Haven adults are traveling together, both groups would enjoy VIBE as opposed to all of them hanging out on the crowded Encore sundeck (no Spice H2O).

Edited by Two Wheels Only

24 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I never understood this myself. 

I bet there will be a program at some point that Haven pax can rent out other pax balconies for a period of time, during which you'll be required to vacate it so they can enjoy the experience. 

For your convenience, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I predicted the increased number of passes would result in online booking becoming available... the queue of nearly 300 people wanting to purchase a pass next Sunday when I board is one reason I decided not to bother trying. 

40 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The distance from the Haven sundeck to the Haven bar is 2 decks. Not everyone wants to wait for (sporadic?) drink service while staying in the Haven.

Look at how many people who don't get VIBE access blame Haven guests for taking so many passes. Some Haven guests want them even though the Haven sundeck is 16 and older. Plus, if Haven and non-Haven adults are traveling together, both groups would enjoy VIBE as opposed to all of them hanging out on the crowded Encore sundeck (no Spice H2O).

That doesn't convince me 🙄  There are Haven waiters that can deliver you drinks anywhere on the sundeck.  Posh on Epic is adults only. On the older Breakaway class ships there are no hot tubs or water features on the Haven sundeck.  But on Bliss/Encore Vibe is very almost identical to the Haven sundeck just more crowded.  Not sure why anyone would pay money for Vibe while staying in the Haven.  But to each their own.

• Like 1

I stay Haven and buy Vibe.  I have met more friends and had more memorable experiences in the Vibe than anywhere else on the ship.  I stay Haven for the service, but honestly the Haven lounge lacks any sort of fun factor.  The Vibe makes or breaks my cruise.  I can fathom not cruising the Haven, and have cruised twice not in the Haven and had really great cruises.  However, if I didn’t get  a Vibe pass, I believe my cruise would be affected negatively.  I have gotten a Vibe pass every cruise I have been on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Because the can. And do. And never use the pass. 

The Haven sundeck is 3 inches from the vibe (separated by a metal partition).