Legend Dry Dock in 2021?

LJN22

Does anyone know about the possibility of the Legend going through an extensive dry dock when it heads to Europe in 2021? It appears as if it arrives in Barcelona on April 10th and then does not sail again until May 17th.  That is what I see (unless I am missing something). I am sailing on that ship in Europe that year and I would love for it to look a little "fresher" before I get on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

If you follow John Heald on his page you can see that he posted that, yes, Legend will have a drydock in Spain in 2021. He said details will be released soon.

I have not looked at the schedule, I assume there is a break in the sailing and the two TA’s to accommodate this.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have not looked at the schedule, I assume there is a break in the sailing and the two TA’s to accommodate this.

Yes, after the TA and before the repo to Dover there are about 5 weeks empty.  I think JH said the drydock would be at Cadiz like where the "Sunshining" is happening. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Yes, after the TA and before the repo to Dover there are about 5 weeks empty.  I think JH said the drydock would be at Cadiz like where the "Sunshining" is happening. 

Makes sense, they were very pleased with the job they did on the Sunrise, way more so than what happened with Fincantieri on the Sunshine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogibear said:

I hope they add the Dive In Movies!!

Karen

Me too!  I've read the Legend is scheduled for a major dry dock in Spain.  As you, I hope CCL will add the Dive-in movies.  Similar to the Pride, I think the library and the chapel will be replaced with an arcade.  With the arcade moved, they will enhancement/enlarge the youth space.  I hope they add a new food venue, similar to what is on the newer ships.  I hope the crew is as friendly as the Pride's crew. We have made friends with some crew members and have seen them on multiple cruises.     

3 hours ago, JMAE said:

Me too!  I've read the Legend is scheduled for a major dry dock in Spain.  As you, I hope CCL will add the Dive-in movies.  Similar to the Pride, I think the library and the chapel will be replaced with an arcade.  With the arcade moved, they will enhancement/enlarge the youth space.  I hope they add a new food venue, similar to what is on the newer ships.  I hope the crew is as friendly as the Pride's crew. We have made friends with some crew members and have seen them on multiple cruises.     

Looking forward to the Legend coming to Baltimore in 2021. I hope they add some Bermuda cruises then too!!

Karen

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
56 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

Urn?

There are two main design elements that severely date the interior design of the ship. Silver urns literally everywhere you look,and large wooden molding that's on every surface. If they remove the urns and take down some of the moulding the ship would look infinitely better.

The second photo posted is the Alchemy Bar on the Legend. When they installed that bar on the ship you can see how there's not one urn visible and the molding is just located on the ceiling. Contrast that with the first picture of the Lobby Bar and you'll see that less,WAY LESS, is more.

Screenshot_20201015-200611.png

IMG_20191008_090805.jpg

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, Suncoastsailors said:

We are on the Legend out of Tampa in Jan. 2021. With the Tampa Port Director stating that he expects only limited cruises to start in April 2021 it seems likely that the May 17th cruise will be the first sailing of Legend post pandemic. 

Now you're scaring me even more. LOL