pinnacle grill

arandar

9 hours ago, arandar said:

Would it be better to book the pinnacle grill pre-boarding or wait. This would probably be on the formal night in the MDR.  Would they discount the charge or would it be the same either way?

Same charge but you should be able to get a free lobster tail with your meal.  We did.

4 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

25% discount on the first night of our cruise booked on board

Not always, though. In my experience, not even often. Expect first night to be full price, and if there is a discount, count yourself fortunate. 

22 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Not always, though. In my experience, not even often. Expect first night to be full price, and if there is a discount, count yourself fortunate. 

Ditto.  Ruth's experience matches my own.

1 minute ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Sorry that you didn't get the discount . We had it our last 3 cruises on HAL this year . 

I suspect it depends on the ships we were mutually on and the demand for the PG (not sure, just a guess).

No worries.  I don’t have to pay much to eat in the PG 😉 I actually like to go to the MDR the first to night to at least meet our stewards and wine steward and get things established for our dining 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Sorry that you didn't get the discount . We had it our last 3 cruises on HAL this year . 

Really? You were lucky. What HAL ship? 
we get 50% on PG so we enjoy it there a lot. I have seen on occasion cards placed on canalleto tables showing book tonight for 25% off on The Maasdam and on The Nieuw but in 12 years with HAL never in PG.

Denise😊

15 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

we get 50% on PG so we enjoy it there a lot. I have seen on occasion cards placed on canalleto tables showing book tonight for 25% off on The Maasdam and on The Nieuw but in 12 years with HAL never in PG.

Denise😊

The Zuiderdam all 3 times . We checked our statement and it showed $ 78 less $19.50 .

29 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

10 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

The Zuiderdam all 3 times . We checked our statement and it showed $ 78 less $19.50 .

For those that are 3 and 4* Mariners, if it is available, do check as I don’t think Mariner discounts apply to discounted specialty dining.

I’m fine with my 5* deals - 50% off or free 😉 

On 12/20/2019 at 3:23 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

25% discount on the first night of our cruise booked on board

Last month on the Eurodam, we ate at the Tamarind the first night. Saw the same sign. (Didn't matter to us... we were all 4* and 5* Mariners.)

The non discounted price is $39 pp.  If you pre-order the "evenings in the pinnacle" package, it is 2 nights in the pinnacle for $70.  Only saves you $8 over two dinners vs the non discounted price - but for newbies with no better offers, we took it.

Don

It has been my understanding that if you prebook, you are also pre paying; whereas, if you book aboard you can apply your onboard credit.  Am I wrong.  My practice has been to try to book all my special dinners as soon as I board, if possible, along with first night reservations for the MDR.  On an upcoming cruise I have onboard credit for two PG and one Canelleto dinners (each).  We tend to have early dinners, so I'm not expecting any problems.  Should I?

After 50 plus cruises, we are trying HAL for the first time.

My wife purchased a dining package after which we were told we could not advance book because we were getting a discount. We would have to make reservations after we boarded the ship.

Not off to a great start.

23 minutes ago, philabos said:

After 50 plus cruises, we are trying HAL for the first time.

My wife purchased a dining package after which we were told we could not advance book because we were getting a discount. We would have to make reservations after we boarded the ship.

Not off to a great start.

Just go after boarding to the reservation desk outside the Pinnacle Grill. They will gladly assist you in getting you the days and timings you need.