Live Reflection Jan 3rd thru 10th

whitshel

I will be on the reflection in March- can’t wait!!  Still trying to figure out what I’ll do for Internet- leaning towards just using my plan in port, but curious how much the non packaged deals cost- ex: so many minutes for how much.  If you happen to know that would be awesome.  Thanks!

The theme of the Reflection is reflection so there are a lot of mirrors and other things pertaining to reflection.

We only sailed on it once and it was during the inaugural year.   We were in AQ so we dined in Blu.   We walked past that long mirror that looked like nothing to us but a mirror with a lot of spots.   

During formal night my wife stood in front of it for a picture and while looking thru the camera and the mirror now looked like a 3D forest.   It wasn’t apparent until I did that. 

Since you are taking a lot of pictures look around the ship thru your camera at many of the murals and etc and you may see that they look different thru the lenses.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, s0479 said:

I will be on the reflection in March- can’t wait!!  Still trying to figure out what I’ll do for Internet- leaning towards just using my plan in port, but curious how much the non packaged deals cost- ex: so many minutes for how much.  If you happen to know that would be awesome.  Thanks!

The prices without package are

1 Hour Package - $34.00   1Hour non-stop access expires 60 minutes after purchase

1 Day Pakdage  -  $67.00  24 hour non-stop access - expires 24 hours after purchase.

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The prices without package are

1 Hour Package - $34.00   1Hour non-stop access expires 60 minutes after purchase

1 Day Pakdage  -  $67.00  24 hour non-stop access - expires 24 hours after purchase.

Hmm thanks!  I prefer the you have so many minutes for the cruise.  Darn

On 1/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, whitshel said:

Then there is this......

20200108_113639.thumb.jpg.d15797f9176c915c3251ffff75568a98.jpg

Chair hogs are still chair hogs. We're really early risers so not a problem. Here's non-confrontational solution if you see loungers w/o a person for 30 or so minutes: let the pool attendant know that no one has come back to the loungers and to please remove the belongings.  We've never had to do it but we did witness it on two separate occasions.

We're on the Reflection Feb 10th so looking forward to your posts! Have a great time!

(I was so glad to see the balcony had the "old" furniture. The "new" furniture is horrible. Tiny table, chairs that don't recline and no footstools.)

On 1/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, whitshel said:

It's the Note 10 plus. This is the 1st time I've used that feature.  It took some awesome shots. The shots of the fort as we pulled out was really dark, I don't know how it takes such nice shots. 

Modern phone cameras are very complicated.  The sensors are better than ever before, but more importantly the software is super sophisticated.  The phone cameras do tons of post capture processing, especially in night mode.  The technology is getting super impressive.  The out-of-camera pictures for the newest flagship phones are very high quality and are very tastefully pre-processed to look "good".

18 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Thanks. I appreciated the pic of the camera since it shows the model. It will definitely be an upgrade to our current one and to our phones...and using OBC you can't beat the price! 

Depending on what phone you have, it might be more worth it to spend the money getting a better phone (like iphone 11) if you want better pictures...

The main benefit of the superzoom type cameras like the one wpgcycler posted is the zoom function.  If you find yourself wanting to zoom in all the time, or want to take pictures of widelife/birds, then that might be a good choice.  If you want to capture what your eyes see and take travel photos, it might not generally be the best choice.  To get that affordable zoom, they have small sensors, surprisingly similar to those in flagship phones.

Flagship phones generally have really good low-hassle software and produce pretty good photos out of the gate.  Modern DSLRs and mirrorless give you more flexibility and power, but takes more effort to make the shot you want.

Also, why DSLR? why not exchangeable lens mirrorless instead.  Though I might suggest again to go with like iphone11 unless you want to go for a super expensive camera.

samples: https://onemileatatime.com/iphone-11-camera/

Edited by UnorigionalName

32 minutes ago, UnorigionalName said:

Modern phone cameras are very complicated.  The sensors are better than ever before, but more importantly the software is super sophisticated.  The phone cameras do tons of post capture processing, especially in night mode.  The technology is getting super impressive.  The out-of-camera pictures for the newest flagship phones are very high quality and are very tastefully pre-processed to look "good".

Depending on what phone you have, it might be more worth it to spend the money getting a better phone (like iphone 11) if you want better pictures...

The main benefit of the superzoom type cameras like the one wpgcycler posted is the zoom function.  If you find yourself wanting to zoom in all the time, or want to take pictures of widelife/birds, then that might be a good choice.  If you want to capture what your eyes see and take travel photos, it might not generally be the best choice.  To get that affordable zoom, they have small sensors, surprisingly similar to those in flagship phones.

Flagship phones generally have really good low-hassle software and produce pretty good photos out of the gate.  Modern DSLRs and mirrorless give you more flexibility and power, but takes more effort to make the shot you want.

Also, why DSLR? why not exchangeable lens mirrorless instead.  Though I might suggest again to go with like iphone11 unless you want to go for a super expensive camera.

Or the Note 10 plus for those who don't want to be in the apple universe 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your thoughts and the time you took to post them. In this case, we often are happy with our phone cameras (android users-Samsung) for quick travel pics and the convenience they offer, but want to upgrade our digital to capture zoomed quick-action burst shots of the grandkids, 1 swimmer, 1 soccer/basball player and 1 competitive dancer. All three require more than the phones and my current digital can handle. I don't want to be bothered with lens changes and the Cannon on board will definitely meet our needs (I've researched it with a good local camera shop). Additionally, since we have all 4 perks and more OBC than usual, half of which is the non-refundable variety, we can purchase it on board without reaching into our pocket or for our credit cards.

22 hours ago, whitshel said:

This is what is was showing a couple days ago too. I didn't show the voyage because we only have 1 day left

Screenshot_20200109-141010_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a64fd20a2dd541f9bf853ef4f3c4d3ab.jpg

I believe the rate shown on the app automatically includes your loyalty discount.

Yes both the captain, staff captain and cruise director are all leaving today. Gusseippi is going to the edge today in GC. The captain is on vacation and the staff captain is taking on a new roll in Miami,  something about being in charge of the captains in all the off brands, tui, pulltimar, seaborne and azamara. 

14 hours ago, whitshel said:

Yes both the captain, staff captain and cruise director are all leaving today. Gusseippi is going to the edge today in GC. The captain is on vacation and the staff captain is taking on a new roll in Miami,  something about being in charge of the captains in all the off brands, tui, pulltimar, seaborne and azamara. 

If you have time, can you find out who's taking their place.  We're on the 31st sailing.

Thanks!

On 1/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, whitshel said:

Hello Vince -  Irene and I enjoyed spending some time with you and your family during the cruise!  We hope your trip home went smoothly!

On 1/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, whitshel said:

I hope the captain returns to the Reflection for our June sailing from Dublin.  He was probably one of the more entertaining captains we've encountered.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:49 AM, whitshel said:

Anyone else want to give us some drink suggestions, were open!!  I'm a gin n tonic guy and craft beer so those will be my drinks of choice but I want to try some others. I downloaded a file from these boards to get some ideas, we only have the classic so keep that in mind 👍

I also took a screen shot of a menu from I think the schooner bar on Rccl that had some drinks that sounded really good. Hopefully Celebrity will have them as well.

20191208_090112.thumb.jpg.7b7c30b7b875eec44e16ad8375fc910f.jpg

celebrity drinks list.pdf 666.23 kB · 23 downloads

Hi Whitshel can you tell me did you have plenty choice with the classic drinks package as this is what we have for our cruise in March 

Thanks 

Sunnyduny