H2O

Petoonya

Looking for the comprehensive BIG WATER DRINKERS guide.

I love water and and drinkable tap is fine. Better water is even better, but ecologically wouldn't buy one-use containers.

I have a beverage package and hoping that big glasses of water are available with that? Again not picky if it's tap- on ice would be nice.

I assume that empty water bottles are not permitted in luggage but can I buy a water bottle onboard for use on the cruise?

Is a carafe of water supplied in my cabin as with other cruise lines?

Anything else drinking water related I'm grateful for.

Thanks 🙂

glasses of water are available with and without a beverage package.

No bottled water is included with the premium beverage package. 

no carafe of water in your cabin. No ice in your cabin. You can ask your room steward to see if the can get you a water pitcher from the galley. 

you can bring empty water bottles onboard. But there are no filling stations. You MUST fill 8 oz glasses of water from the dispensers and pour that into your water bottle. 

unless you buy bottled water, it is all tap water (room, buffet, restaurant, bar). 

47 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I assume that empty water bottles are not permitted in luggage but can I buy a water bottle onboard for use on the cruise?

Empty bottles are fine, I brought 3 on when I sailed the Bliss in October.  2 were the Nalgene bottles, one was a double-wall stainless steel, all were empty each time I boarded but I was never questioned about them.  I don't recall if all 3 were in my carry-on for embarkation or if I put one or more in my checked bag.

52 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

unless you buy bottled water, it is all tap water (room, buffet, restaurant, bar). 

Thanks Bird. Is the taste of the tap water acceptable to most?

30 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Never had a problem asking cabin steward to refill and ice pitcher daily.  Some did it without even being asked. 

Thanks very much. Never would have considered that I'd need to ask the steward to refill the ice bucket daily. I cruise Oceania. Know there's a different price point, but still surprised about water and ice in the cabin.

Edited by Petoonya

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

I had no problem with the taste of the water on the Bliss, but I grew up drinking city water straight from the tap.

Well....I grew up drinking San Francisco water straight from the tap and it was divine. The only other place I've heard the same about, was anywhere in NY, where it looks like you hail from. Possible that you lived there while you were growing up?

😉

First off, by the title I thought you meant Spice H2O 😂

I have 2 stainless steel bottles for my water while on the Breakaway. I actually like cruise ship water.  I drink well water at home and it really tastes no different to me.  Just make sure you don't take them to the buffet and fill them, fill a plastic glass and pour it into the bottle. 

I always bring empty stainless steel water bottles and fill them with ice and water at the buffet. Yes you need to use a clean glass to get water from dispenser to your bottle. I also bring a travel coffee mug for am coffee from the buffet. They only have tiny coffee cups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I can't afford CAS, costs too much.  I would have to gamble 😂

doesnt cost anything,   i have a total rewards card that i was entitled to a 10% discount and I still used my NCL card!  I am a very conservative gambler.  With the next cruise, we automatically got the discount with free drinks/water

FYI - we put our (empty & clean) Contingo insulated SS travel mug into each of our 2 checked bags last month for embarkation, out of NYC - no problems at all.  We had a 3rd. EPA-free filtered water bottle (empty) in our hand luggage, thru the x-ray just fine, no questions asked nor pulled for inspection.  Took 1 Contingo ashore in Florida & return, thru pier security - just fine, no issues whatsoever.  

On 1/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, BirdTravels said:

glasses of water are available with and without a beverage package.

No bottled water is included with the premium beverage package. 

no carafe of water in your cabin. No ice in your cabin. You can ask your room steward to see if the can get you a water pitcher from the galley. 

you can bring empty water bottles onboard. But there are no filling stations. You MUST fill 8 oz glasses of water from the dispensers and pour that into your water bottle. 

Are the only dispensers at the buffet? I also drink a lot of water, planning on bringing my refillable water bottle but wondering how convenient it will be to keep filling it.