My first Platinum cruise!

Cushing985

Just reserved a cabin on the Panorama out of Long Beach for a small family reunion cruise in March of 2022.  Just 804 days til we cruise!  Anyway, we turn Platinum five days into the cruise so we'll be Plat from day one.  I felt an unhealthy surge of pride when I saw "Priority" all over the booking material and so looking forward to complaining about the Plat/Diamond gift we'll receive.  I'm excited about the free laundry (I need to get a life) but will pass up the Priority Boarding thang and stick with the rest of the family.  Will be nice to have immediate access to the cabin though.  I very rarely use Guest Services (normally just to break a $20 bill for tips) but will probably visit more so I can use the Plat/Diamond line just to say hi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That's exciting!  My next cruise will be platinum and I am very excited to board early and have the immediate cabin access and free laundry.  No more stalking FTTF.

I recently cruised on the Panorama and had to go to guest services because our room keys didn't work.  The regular line was so long and it wasn't like I could wait until that night to go when the line was shorter.  Even the priority line had several people in it.  At one point, there were four agents serving the priority people and only one agent serving the regular line.  The regular line was so slow.  Having priority status for guest services can make a huge difference during peak times.  

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Cushing985 said:

Just reserved a cabin on the Panorama out of Long Beach for a small family reunion cruise in March of 2022.  Just 804 days til we cruise!  Anyway, we turn Platinum five days into the cruise so we'll be Plat from day one.  I felt an unhealthy surge of pride when I saw "Priority" all over the booking material and so looking forward to complaining about the Plat/Diamond gift we'll receive.  I'm excited about the free laundry (I need to get a life) but will pass up the Priority Boarding thang and stick with the rest of the family.  Will be nice to have immediate access to the cabin though.  I very rarely use Guest Services (normally just to break a $20 bill for tips) but will probably visit more so I can use the Plat/Diamond line just to say hi.

Congrats, know how you feel. We hit 75 days on the very last day of our 15 day Hawaii cruise this month. Felt  real good to see Priority.  And the free laundry will be great, not as much to pack.

3 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

make sure to get a lanyard to make sure everybody you walk past can see your platinum card

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

make sure to get a lanyard to make sure everybody you walk past can see your platinum card

Better yet I'm going to design a t-shirt proclaiming my new elevated status!  I'm expecting the Blue and Red card holders to bow down before me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My cruise on the Panorama next month will be my first platinum cruise. I have purchased FTTF on my last few cruise. Glad I don't need to do that anymore. In fact, so far it isn't available for my sailing and even if it was, I don't think I would have purchased it because it has gotten sop expensive. the other thing I am most excited for is the free laundry. I won't have to pack as much.

3 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

Better yet I'm going to design a t-shirt proclaiming my new elevated status!  I'm expecting the Blue and Red card holders to bow down before me.

I hope/assume you are kidding. Being Platinum doesn’t make you special. I am closing in on Diamond and being a Platinum or Diamond does not mean anything other than you have cruised a lot on Carnival. 

• Like 1

Platinum is a big deal.  We were lucky enough to make Platinum under the old rewards program when they counted cruises and not days.  In fact, we had to take a back-to-back 3 & 4 day cruises to qualify.  The perks are nice but I love the laundry service best.  We can pack less and not worry about running out of clean clothes.  We only take one or two cruises a year and it feels like we'll never get to diamond.  Enjoy!  And congratulations! 

6 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

And remember, talking to lowly golds, reds, and blues is no longer permissible!

• Haha 1

Congratulations!  We are right with you when we cruise next month.  I hadn't thought about the t-shirt, but that's a thought 😉  The laundry perk is what I'm most looking forward to myself because I typically spend a morning doing laundry toward the end of the cruise.

14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I hope/assume you are kidding. Being Platinum doesn’t make you special. I am closing in on Diamond and being a Platinum or Diamond does not mean anything other than you have cruised a lot on Carnival. 

Oh but it does make you special. I love flashing my card and pushing my way into elevators, no way do reds, blues, and golds deserve to board the elevator before me! 😛 And so help the guest services desk if I get another luggage tag as a gift!

Welcome to Platinum, we love being able to access our cabin early & dropping off our carry ons.  Beware of the laundry though--do not put your good clothes in there.  It is hit or miss to how they come back, & sometimes they do not come back at all.  We had a bag of someone else's laundry delivered to our cabin & cabin steward was scratching his head trying to figure out where it belonged.

21 minutes ago, Warm Breezes said:

Hitting Platinum during our Mardi Gras cruise in December.  This will be our 21st cruise overall (on 4 cruise lines)...21 is our lucky number.  We met on the 21st and got married on the 21st and I am retiring early next year in January on the 21st.

Can I assume you like blackjack? 😊