Anyone receive a phone call even with the new upgrade policy?

Even when there was an upgrade fairy, I never got a phone call; I got an email.  Only happened once when we were trying to ween ourselves off of Grand Suites and booked a JS.  Sure enough, they upgraded us to a GS and notified us with an email saying “Congratulations”

• Like 1

On our Oasis class sailings we were never offered an upgrade, but the two times we booked a GS (Out of 7 sailings) we were  called and offered an UPSELL to a CL (Thru our TA), once for $600 total cost and the other for $750 total cost..............we did it and sailed in the CL.

This was before that new bidding program.

We have yet to cruise in  a GS on an Oasis class ship.................not that I'm complaining but, love the CL suites.

So we never knew an upgrade fairy ever existed.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, notyours75 said:

The presence of an upgrade fairy is the stuff of rumors, legends and lore.  However her not-as-good-looking sister the UPSELL fairy is alive and well. 

Always had people bragging about free upgrades this was before  the silent action {ROYAL UP} , Crown and Anchor  even has a upgrade policy , 🙄

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/#19

1 hour ago, notyours75 said:

However her not-as-good-looking sister the UPSELL fairy is alive and well. 

The Upsell fairy (who used to make calls with a real offer) was killed off by the Royal Up bot (which takes bids regardless of inventory or status of booking and rarely has anything to really sell).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity cruises called us recently. They wanted to talk to Mr/Mrs. B-something. I said, No? They asked if we were sailing with Mr. & Mrs. B-something on the Edge, and was I their contact person? I said, "No. We are booked on Royal Caribbean."

She said they were listed with our phone number. I was really tempted to ask what they were offering. :classic_wink: 

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The Upsell fairy (who used to make calls with a real offer) was killed off by the Royal Up bot (which takes bids regardless of inventory or status of booking and rarely has anything to really sell).

I don't understand why they can't program the Royal Up Bot with the inventory... Yes, I read what I wrote. The IT dept has enough issues!!

Recently I got a call while on the ship.  It was about 5 o’clock on Day 1.   Guest service offered me an outside cabin, free of charge.  Since I had already unpacked and my sisters’s cabin was 4 doors away, I politely declined.  Had I not already unpacked it might have been a different story.  Katherine

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, RCLcruiser2012 said:

I am curious if anyone has received a phone call even with the new RoyalUp program?  Or as I suspect the days of getting a phone call with a FREE upgrade is a thing of the past?  I've always wanted to be surprised but has never happened. 😁

Never a call in 23 years! ☹

• Like 1