Anthem Delay - the Latest

Jedge

16 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

I'll weigh in.  It's not RCI's fault and it appears to me they are doing everything they can to be accommodating and helpful.  I'm pretty impressed with the offer.  Don't know if I'd get on the Anthem but wow - that's a lot of credits they're tossing around.  Good for RCI!

Yes knowing it wasn’t corona and getting a 50% fcc to sail and the 50% off. I would happily go on this cruise. 

@VernRDH Such nice weather to have come home to when you were planning on being on a cruise, huh?  I'm not far from you, grew up in and know people that live in CP.

I truly feel sorry for all those impacted by the delay, I hope everyone makes the best of it and enjoys their time in Bermuda.

Other than the initial confusion on Friday morning, they have done a great job. They have covered our hotel expenses and basically given everyone that wants to go a "free" 5 day cruise on an incredible ship. I will wait one more day in my "free" hotel and then be there ready to go Monday. Thanks RC, you did a great job as far as I am concerned.

• Like 10

Ok I'm a little rusty with FCC.. Ironically my only other FCC was an Anthem cruise into a hurricane... Anyhooo, will there be a FCC number per stateroom or per guest? 

We have 2 staterooms and 5 total guests. We plan to book a cruise for 4 of the 5 guests. Obviously if the FCC is assigned to the guest name, our 5th guest's FCC won't be able to be used (he won't go on another cruise anytime soon). But if it's just a number anyone from that cabin can use, we would be able to use it.

2nd question - Can I use FCC on already booked cruises or only on new bookings? We are deciding whether to book next one now or wait til we're on board. And I don't know if we'd even have the FCC on board to book via NC.

Thanks in advance if you know the answer to my riddles.

2 hours ago, VernRDH said:

We were supposed to be on this cruise. We are now home ( 3 hour drive from Bayonne).  On Friday when we arrived at the port there was absolutely NO communication regarding what was happening at first. Then they handed out a sheet that said we would leave Saturday at 1pm, even though the CDC and USCG had cleared the ship to depart. It went downhill from there. 

We are going to take the full refund and book something else. Hoping they will compensate for the hotel stay, as they indicated they would in the first email. If not, no big.

This has been a cluster from the jump, they knew before they docked on Friday who was ill/needed to be screened. If they are concerned about the virus, why let everyone off? 

I believe it was because their symptoms didn't match CorinaVirus?  They had to have permission from the CDC, right?

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

Can not bear to read thru 6 pages. But everyone BUT royal seems to know that testing will take a min of 2 days. 

Heres another monkey wrench. Next week all the kids are off of school for winter recess in the northeast. Wanna bet the ship is booked to 110 % capacity. And thats all royal is looking at. 

The ship is cleared to go, not another monkey wrench.  Reading some of the last few pages would have summed that up.

5 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Ok I'm a little rusty with FCC.. Ironically my only other FCC was an Anthem cruise into a hurricane... Anyhooo, will there be a FCC number per stateroom or per guest? 

We have 2 staterooms and 5 total guests. We plan to book a cruise for 4 of the 5 guests. Obviously if the FCC is assigned to the guest name, our 5th guest's FCC won't be able to be used (he won't go on another cruise anytime soon). But if it's just a number anyone from that cabin can use, we would be able to use it.

2nd question - Can I use FCC on already booked cruises or only on new bookings? We are deciding whether to book next one now or wait til we're on board. And I don't know if we'd even have the FCC on board to book via NC.

Thanks in advance if you know the answer to my riddles.

The FCC will be issued to each passenger and is not transferable.

6 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

The FCC will be issued to each passenger and is not transferable.

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me about FCC with existing reservations? Can I apply it to something I booked already or can it only be used on new bookings?

1 minute ago, robmtx said:

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me about FCC with existing reservations? Can I apply it to something I booked already or can it only be used on new bookings?

Definitely double check, but my understanding is that you can use it for existing reservations including those already paid in full. You will then receive a refund to your credit card since you will have "overpaid" as far as they are concerned. I plan on using mine for an April cruise already paid for in full.

2 minutes ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

Definitely double check, but my understanding is that you can use it for existing reservations including those already paid in full.

My understanding as well.

1 minute ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

I am also curious about Crown and Anchor points. Will we only get five points for the five nights or are there systems not that smart and we will get all eight of the original cruise?

Hard to say because every issue is different however, in the past passengers were given credit for the entire cruise.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

Bermuda in Feb.? Okay. I always thought of Bermuda as mostly late spring summer destination.

It's supposed to be 70s and sunny in Bermuda next week.  Had family in Orlando 2 weeks ago where it was 60s and overcast.  Unless you are going to the Carribean in winter you take a chance with having cool weather.  Hey the sites in Bermuda won't be crazy crowdedlike they can be in mid summer, I would take it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

Yes knowing it wasn’t corona and getting a 50% fcc to sail and the 50% off. I would happily go on this cruise. 

No, it's not 50% off.  It's a refund of what we have already PAID for the missed days. Sounds much better than it is.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

Other than the initial confusion on Friday morning, they have done a great job. They have covered our hotel expenses and basically given everyone that wants to go a "free" 5 day cruise on an incredible ship. I will wait one more day in my "free" hotel and then be there ready to go Monday. Thanks RC, you did a great job as far as I am concerned.

No, it's not a free 5 day cruise.  We paid roughly $2,000 and now we are paying $1,000 for a 5 night cruise!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

No, it's not a free 5 day cruise.  We paid roughly $2,000 and now we are paying $1,000 for a 5 night cruise!

And you are getting a FCC for the other 50%.

you could have received a full refund as well and no cruise. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

No, it's not 50% off.  It's a refund of what we have already PAID for the missed days. Sounds much better than it is.

Mathematically speaking, you are getting 5 days instead of 8 days, or 62.5%. You are missing 37.5% of your cruise.  

You are receiving OBC/refund of 50% and 50% in an FCC.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Mathematically speaking, you are getting 5 days instead of 8 days, or 62.5%. You are missing 37.5% of your cruise.  

You are receiving OBC/refund of 50% and 50% in an FCC.

50%, 62.5 %... the point is simple... it is NOT A FREE CRUISE.  We wasted over 3 hours on Friday driving to/from the port and spent over $60 in tolls.  One so-called free day hardly compensates for the hassle and lack of information.

• Like 3

New update on the virus from NBC

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/coronavirus-updates-u-s-japanese-citizens-die-wuhan-global-deaths-n1132951?cid=eml_nbn_20200208

Coronavirus updates: Death toll hits 811, surpasses SARS deaths

As confirmed cases reach more than 37,100 in mainland China, here is the latest you need to know.
Edited by Von & John

58 minutes ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

I am also curious about Crown and Anchor points. Will we only get five points for the five nights or are there systems not that smart and we will get all eight of the original cruise?

Answer is not cast in stone.  My 7 night cruise last year became a 5 night cruise because of the hurricane, and I still got seven points for the cruise.  Not sure if that always happens.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

Other than the initial confusion on Friday morning, they have done a great job

1 hour ago, CDNCRUIZR said:

We also find that they have done a great job in this difficult situation.

Apparently not everyone feels the same - https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/stranded-royal-caribbean-cruise-passengers-slam-liner-amid-coronavirus-scare/

The article seems to be sensationalized a bit...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

Apparently not everyone feels the same - https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/stranded-royal-caribbean-cruise-passengers-slam-liner-amid-coronavirus-scare/

The article seems to be sensationalized a bit...
I'll make a small wager that this guy is a member of CC who asked the media to contact them. The same one who stated he was sick last evening, you know to get a full refund (before Royal offered a full refund today).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Answer is not cast in stone.  My 7 night cruise last year became a 5 night cruise because of the hurricane, and I still got seven points for the cruise.  Not sure if that always happens.

Agree, over the years seen many get points, even on same Cruise when others didnt. But most dont and wont. 

Edited by ONECRUISER