Anthem Delay - the Latest

Jedge

6 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

sure if the ship is empty it will be a fantastic time regardless. 

We were on one of the shortened Oasis sailings due to the hurricane a few years ago.  Best cruise EVER- ship was probably less than half full

• Like 1

Kind of weird.  Let 5000 people who were exposed to something spread everywhere but not let new people that haven't been exposed on because results aren't back on folks that left.  Unless they have a larger than normal number of crew that have flu-like symptoms and haven't been tested.  If the four came back positive then Royal could be worrying about the crew that were not tested being positive...

This is a heavy time of year for CDC with lots of flu and Noro going on so they might not get to these four tests for quite a while.

• Like 3

Just now, molly361 said:

We were on one of the shortened Oasis sailings due to the hurricane a few years ago.  Best cruise EVER- ship was probably less than half full

Oh................this will be even more then less full.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Oh................this will be even more then less full.

Not so sure as a lot of people from NJ/NY are usually on these Bayonne cruises. Let's see what their final offer is.

#justiceforjedge 🙂

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Not so sure as a lot of people from NJ/NY are usually on these Bayonne cruises. 

This isn't because of a weather issue, there will be alot of people that just won't get on because of afraid of getting sick.

Really, think about, is it worth getting sick over...5 day cruise in the cold?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

This isn't because of a weather issue, there will be alot of people that just won't get on because of afraid of getting sick.

If anyone tests positive for corona I think they would cancel this cruise. If not, you might as well go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marci22 said:

If anyone tests positive for corona I think they would cancel this cruise. If not, you might as well go.

That may be tomorrows news.........no one knows for sure. Not worth taking the chance at this point, my wife and I would not go.  There are other times to take a cruise. My health is more important.

Edited by Jimbo

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

we were as well, very weird to have more crew members than guests. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marci22 said:

If CDC test is positive then the crew will have to go into quarantine mode and this sailing plus future sailing(s) on Anthem will be in play for cancellations. The bigger PR issue will be the pax they let leave yesterday that have now fanned out everywhere. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, robmtx said:

If CDC test is positive then the crew will have to go into quarantine mode and this sailing plus future sailing(s) on Anthem will be in play for cancellations. The bigger PR issue will be the pax they let leave yesterday that have now fanned out everywhere. 

yep, larger issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I'm sure RC didn't 'let' anyone leave. People from CDC were onboard. I'm sure they gave advice on what to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robmtx said:

The bigger PR issue will be the pax they let leave yesterday that have now fanned out everywhere. 

Not just PR, of course, but a public health issue.  Since there was enough concern that one or more passengers on board the prior cruise might have Coronavirus and others exposed to it that people have been tested and the following cruise has been delayed, I just don’t understand why the passengers were allowed to disembark yesterday.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Not just PR, of course, but a public health issue.  Since there was enough concern that one or more passengers on board the prior cruise might have Coronavirus and others exposed to it that people have been tested and the following cruise has been delayed, I just don’t understand why the passengers were allowed to disembark yesterday.  

It’s up to the CDC, I don’t think Royal can make the decision to hold thousands of passengers hostage.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, robmtx said:

If the CDC thought there was a  risk of exposure to passengers or crew we would all still be on the ship confined to our rooms out in the Atlantic somewhere.

Edited by Captain Billy Bob
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruise to live said:

Does Royal have any thought how on to get back our wasted vacation days?

I know this sucks for all involved, but it is really completely out of Royals hands and these things happen. There is absolutely no reason they should be expected to do anything except a cruise refund.

I've lost days at Disney World twice due to hurricanes and didn't get a dime from anyone. I've had numerous flights cancelled due to weather and again nothing.

I know it isn't the vacation you planned, but go make the best of your time off in NY.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

I know it isn't the vacation you planned, but go make the best of your time off in NY.

Where there is probably more corona than Anthem of the Seas.

Someone just posted they saw pictures of crew that left the ship sightseeing around NYC.

Edited by marci22