New ports of call for Fascination.

so,ton saint

1 minute ago, Aplmac said:

And no BARBADOS??

Hi Aplmac

yes with my favourite island Barbados, Virgin are still using Carnival for its cruises from Bridgetown in 2021, i tried to get in touch with you as this year we are stopping at the Savannah beach, two up from Coconut Court, up and down that Board walk again.

regards Howard

• Like 1

On my Fascination cruise, Dominica was replaced with Antigua due to the damage done by the hurricane. I'm glad to see they are sailing back there. This is a really tempting itinerary, especially since I have not yet been to Grenada or Tortola either. Glad to see Carnival mixing it up. I can't wait for the day where PR gets a bigger ship.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Looks like we're stuck with Fascination-1994 for the forseeable future.

Fascination-858.JPG

17 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Looks like we're stuck with Fascination-1994 for the forseeable future.

Fascination-858.JPG

Remember its not the ships that pass in the night,  its the nights passed on the ship, theres plenty of tunes played on a old fiddle

• Like 2

I have a cruise booked for January 2021 with St Thomas/Antigua/Dominica/Tortola/Barbados.  I hope Carnival adds some excursions to this new itinerary- right now, Dominica has a grand total of 3 excursions and Antigua doesn't have much that involves the water.  We'll look independently as well, but these seem like great ports- would love some more excursion choices. 

Been to Barbados a couple of times.  Too expensive and too touristy for me.

I sailed on Splendor on a 1-way in 2014 San Juan-Miami.  It was very interesting to visit somewhere not on the usual Carnival itineraries.  It was St Croix, Martinique (one of my favorite ports), Grenada, Dominica, Grand Turk (ugh).

Dominica is my very favorite Caribbean port (so far - there are still a few I haven't visited).  Some people don't like it because it isn't full of chain bars/restaurants, so they think there's "nothing to do" at the port.  I don't cruise to spend money in over-priced fake-island-experience places.  Unless I've been to a port several times, I always find something new to see and do instead of hanging around the pier looking at cheap, tacky, tourist junk shops.

Dominica is stunning.  I've toured there with Levi Baron (Bumpiing Tours - Levi is great!) 3 times and once with a different vendor and everywhere I've been has been interesting and beautiful.  

And, personally, I love the Fantasy-class ships.  The itineraries are port-intensive so the ship doesn't matter much when all you do is get back from a tour, shower, have dinner, see a show and go to bed.  Repeat, repeat, repeat!

I really want to sail from San Juan again.  I love it there.

Edited by NCTribeFan
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

I have a cruise booked for January 2021 with St Thomas/Antigua/Dominica/Tortola/Barbados.  I hope Carnival adds some excursions to this new itinerary- right now, Dominica has a grand total of 3 excursions and Antigua doesn't have much that involves the water.  We'll look independently as well, but these seem like great ports- would love some more excursion choices. 

Have done Tortola before and after the great storm you must get the Island tour catching the open sided mini bus up through the clouds and around the Island and if the weather is clear seeing Richard Bransons island and San Juan and after that dropping down to a beach to a rum distillery  $20 and well worth it

Antigua we always go to Dickinson,s beach 20 min,s by taxi.

Dominica  have done the trip up to the top were its lush and green with with many rare plants, i hope this helps

15 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Have done Tortola before and after the great storm you must get the Island tour catching the open sided mini bus up through the clouds and around the Island and if the weather is clear seeing Richard Bransons island and San Juan and after that dropping down to a beach to a rum distillery  $20 and well worth it

Antigua we always go to Dickinson,s beach 20 min,s by taxi.

Dominica  have done the trip up to the top were its lush and green with with many rare plants, i hope this helps

Thanks.  Tortola, I think we want to either go visit Jost Van Dyke or do the Virgin Gorda Baths.

Did you use a tour in Dominica or do it on your own?  I'm really interested in this island- it seems different than anywhere else. 

6 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

Thanks.  Tortola, I think we want to either go visit Jost Van Dyke or do the Virgin Gorda Baths.

Did you use a tour in Dominica or do it on your own?  I'm really interested in this island- it seems different than anywhere else. 

Hi it was in 2010 on the Victory, plenty of mini buses out side the port and you had a choice of what tour you wanted.

• Like 1

Been to all these ports several times.  Also stayed on Grenada at the old LaSource Hotel on Pink Gin Beach (now a Secrets) and on Antigua at Galley Bay and Cocobay Hotels.

Good to see Carnival returning to these ports!  I would go again, just not on this old Farcusized ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

Good to see Carnival returning to these ports! 

I would go again, just not on this old Farcusized ship.

Fascination entered service waay back  in 1994

but quite honestly I don't think Carnival is even listening to us!!

2 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Why listen when this ship is full every sailing? I love the current itinerary and wanted to do it again. Will miss at least St Lucia with the change

• Like 2

5 hours ago, purplephenom said:

They will.  Your cruise is too far out for excursion vendors to have signed contracts for 2021.  Keep checking back - you will see more and more added as sailing gets closer.

Edited by pe4all

7 minutes ago, pe4all said:

They will.  Your cruise is too far out for excursion vendors to have signed contracts for 2021.  Keep checking back - you will see more and more added as sailing gets closer.

I know that's usually the case, but for Dominica, I googled "Carnival shore excursions Dominica" to go to the general shore excursion page- not just the one that shows in my booking- and there were only 3 excursions listed there. 

13 minutes ago, dltvermont said:

Why listen when this ship is full every sailing? I love the current itinerary and wanted to do it again. Will miss at least St Lucia with the change

St Lucia is still there right up to christmas 2021 but you have to pick the right week,   i think it would be better to have a B/B and include  the A.B.C. islands and make it a two week cruise.

1 minute ago, dltvermont said:

Just saw a note from JH that the Fascination is moving to Mobile in 2022

3 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Have you ever heard that old adage:  be careful what you wish for................................

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Garth2 said:

The port information has been available since last year, through December 2021.

Yes, Barbados is still on the itineraries.  I think the OP just listed the "new" islands that aren't on the current itinerary.  There are a few different itineraries they're trying with Fascination in 2021.  We've looking at them and I'm "arm twisting".  🙂  The one I'm interested in goes to St. Thomas; Antigua; Dominica; Grenada; Barbados (till 9pm); sea day. 

4 hours ago, purplephenom said:

I know people complain about this ship, but an old ship is better than no ship at all.  Hopefully Carnival does eventually put another ship there. 

We sailed on her and had a great time. I actually prefer smaller ships. It is arguably one of their most liked itineraries. Cant believe they would drop it.