Loyalty Program Update?

CA Oceanfront

22 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Too little too late.  Azamara doesn’t get it. Why offer discounts on WiFi?  Your closest competition, Oceania and Viking, offer free WiFi.  I have future cruises booked with both Oceania and Viking.  Also, Azamara still charges extra for specialty restaurants and does not let guests make reservations before embarkation.  Wake up, Azamara, it is time to look at why people book on other cruise lines.  

So you’d be happier if Azamara offered free WiFi but didn’t include beverages or prepaid tips like Oceania?  Seems like comparing the total package is more accurate than comparing individual differences in amenities. 

• Like 1

I disconnect when I travel so wi-fi is a minor issue.  I've never sent anything to the laundry.  I just like doing my own.  But going to the Azamara website and finding this change and not being able to log into my account or check my bookings is a poor way to handle this change.  Why were no emails sent out before the change?  This is like the change to the app for passengers to use rather than the old TV system. I was told the Azamara IT people knew there were problems with the program when passengers were forced to use it.  Customer service is important.

6 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

I disconnect when I travel so wi-fi is a minor issue.  I've never sent anything to the laundry.  I just like doing my own.  But going to the Azamara website and finding this change and not being able to log into my account or check my bookings is a poor way to handle this change.  Why were no emails sent out before the change?  This is like the change to the app for passengers to use rather than the old TV system. I was told the Azamara IT people knew there were problems with the program when passengers were forced to use it.  Customer service is important.

Change basically happened today; emails sent or being sent today

asfar as issues logging in, I’ve found that I can’t log in using Firefox, but have no issues if I’m using explorer; maybe trying a different browser will solve the problem

Edited by laurieb

8 minutes ago, Jim in OR said:

So you’d be happier if Azamara offered free WiFi but didn’t include beverages or prepaid tips like Oceania?  Seems like comparing the total package is more accurate than comparing individual differences in amenities. 

Yes!  
Free WiFi? WiFi has become a way of keeping the world connected. Some countries are completely free WiFi.  Loved it in a Portugal. Most businesses, hotels, airports, museums, restaurants, etc. have free WiFi.  On Azamara, I get 120 free minutes as discoverer plus.  

Drinks? You pay for those drinks in your fare.  I seldom drink.  On my last Azamara cruise, the included wines were bad.  Had a couple of drinks.  Drank mostly Sprite Zero. Paying per drink is okay.  Not sure how much of the fare is allocated toward the beverages. You are paying for it.

Gratuities?Prepaid tips are ok as long as those tips are going to the excellent crew. Every cruise should include the tips in the basic fare. I don’t mind paying tips. Charging tips daily or in advance is a wash.  When service is outstanding or somebody does something special for me, I tip extra. I appreciate their services.

2 hours ago, Anchor Light said:

Example:  Two Discover Plus members in the same stateroom on a 13-day voyage will still have to cram both of their laundry into one tiny bag once only.  Good reason to book a suite or Plus... I think not.  

Huge disappointment for many loyalists after all the anticipation.  

We ARE your example:  Two Discoverer Plus members in the same stateroom sailing on Pursuit April 5-18 (13 nights) in a balcony cabin. No suite or Plus for us. So it's one bag of laundry.

And we were Discoverer Plus before the free nights program was added -  so we got nothing. Our loyalty worked against us.

There are no benefits for us in this announcement. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Drinks? You pay for those drinks in your fare. 

<<snippage>:

Charging tips daily or in advance is a wash.

Of course you pay for drinks in your fare. In the exact same way you pay for unlimited Internet in your fare on Oceania. And charging tips daily or in advance IS a wash in the exact same way as charging for unlimited Internet daily or in advance is a wash. 

This is my point. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me to compare what one cruise line offers as part of the initial fare at the same time ignoring what is not offered as part of that fare. I’m pretty sure all similarly situated cruise lines get to more or less the same margin even if they have different paths to get there. 

• Like 2

I am sure Azamara is trying but the people that are working on the loyalty scheme just don’t get it.  We are also Discoverer Plus and will never make or after getting reductions in benefits over the years, aspire to make Discoverer Platinum.  We pay a premium on Azamara but the return for us is minimal.  If we book a V1 cabin on B2B Cruises ( 10:days and 13 days), we get 1 bag of laundry per cruise for 23 days.  Internet is laughable since we are getting fewer minutes now than we did before the program was revamped maybe 3 versions ago?  Other cruise lines have better fares and I would be willing to pay for extras.  But, when you pay a premium on Azamara, the extras should be included. Seriously....1 bag of laundry to share when 2 of us have earned loyalty on Azamara?  And sorry, I am not loving the new name either.  Just reminds me how the loyal customers just go round and round in circles regarding loyalty benefits and we never really get anywhere.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I am sure Azamara is trying but the people that are working on the loyalty scheme just don’t get it.  We are also Discoverer Plus and will never make or after getting reductions in benefits over the years, aspire to make Discoverer Platinum.  We pay a premium on Azamara but the return for us is minimal.  If we book a V1 cabin on B2B Cruises ( 10:days and 13 days), we get 1 bag of laundry per cruise for 23 days.  Internet is laughable since we are getting fewer minutes now than we did before the program was revamped maybe 3 versions ago?  Other cruise lines have better fares and I would be willing to pay for extras.  But, when you pay a premium on Azamara, the extras should be included. Seriously....1 bag of laundry to share when 2 of us have earned loyalty on Azamara?  And sorry, I am not loving the new name either.  Just reminds me how the loyal customers just go round and round in circles regarding loyalty benefits and we never really get anywhere.  

I couldn't agree more-on all points!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I think you may be wrong re the laundry. You get one bag of washing per 7 night voyage. You would therefore get 2 bags for your B2B cruises if one is 10 days and the other is 13. There is a laundry onboard which is free. 
Wifi on the ships has always been terrible. By the time it logs you out you’ve just about used all your minutes. 

56 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Discoverer Platinum members will now receive complimentary internet, regardless of the stateroom category or length of voyage

Yes Bonnie, I was aware of that, but was commenting on Discoverer Plus.

Further :

Discoverer level earned in a Veranda Plus stateroom takes 50 days cruising. (6 points per day to 300 points)

Discoverer Plus level earned in a lower deck Ocean View stateroom takes 250 days cruising. (3 points per day to 750 points)

In the new "Circle"  the just released new "loyalty" perks include :

Internet

Discoverer in a Veranda Plus has a choice of 75% towards a full voyage unlimited package or 210 free wi-fi minutes.

Discoverer Plus in an Ocean View stateroom has a choice of 75% towards a full voyage unlimited package or 120 free wi-fi minutes. (less than the Discoverer who has potentially cruised 200 less days.)

Laundry

Explorer (150 points, 25 days in a Veranda Plus stateroom) and all higher levels cruising in a Veranda stateroom or above will have two bags of laundry per week, while Discoverer Plus (minimum 250 days cruising) in the Ocean View stateroom still has just one bag a week.

To me this looks like reward for big spenders, rather than reward for loyalty.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Further :

Discoverer level earned in a Veranda Plus stateroom takes 50 days cruising. (6 points per day to 300 points)

Discoverer Plus level earned in a lower deck Ocean View stateroom takes 250 days cruising. (3 points per day to 750 points)

Internet

Discoverer in a Veranda Plus has a choice of 75% towards a full voyage unlimited package or 210 free wi-fi minutes.

Discoverer Plus in an Ocean View stateroom has a choice of 75% towards a full voyage unlimited package or 120 free wi-fi minutes. (less than the Discoverer who has potentially cruised 200 less days.)

Laundry

Explorer (150 points, 25 days in a Veranda Plus stateroom) and all higher levels cruising in a Veranda stateroom or above will have two bags of laundry per week, while Discoverer Plus (minimum 250 days cruising) in the Ocean View stateroom still has just one bag a week.

Spot on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DRJVH said:
2 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

I think you may be wrong re the laundry. You get one bag of washing per 7 night voyage. You would therefore get 2 bags for your B2B cruises if one is 10 days and the other is 13. There is a laundry onboard which is free. 
Wifi on the ships has always been terrible. By the time it logs you out you’ve just about used all your minutes. 

I think you misread what I said.  I said we get one bag of laundry per cruise.  So, for 23 nights we get 2 bags total.   It would be nice since we are both Discoverer Plus if we each got a bag of laundry.  Yes, you are right, the Wi-Fi is slow ...very slow.  Unlimited would be nice especially since we get fewer minutes now than before the program was revamped several years back.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Further :

Internet

Laundry

Agreed, after being Discover Plus with 23 cruises with 5 booked we'll be disadvantaged if we choose an Ocean view category.  I'd have to add myself to the disappointed.....

• Like 3

I have cruised 8 times with Azamara in the last 10 years, from when their ships were white and drinks were only included with meals. I have never been in a cabin higher than a standard veranda cabin. I am on Discoverer level and consider myself a loyal Azamara customer yet there is nothing in this revamp of the limited loyalty scheme for me apart from an extra 1% discount off a future cruise which I am sure will not be easy to spend. I will still have to cram the laundry into a tiny bag and pace my 90 minutes of WiFi across the cruise. The people that benefit from this are those lucky enough to travel in the higher grade cabins. I am not saying that those passengers are not loyal but this improvement is not based on loyalty but on dollars. So please stop calling it an improvement. Other cruise loyalty schemes provide discount for on board spend and excursions as well as “welcome onboard” gifts and cocktail parties and special dinners, available to everyone who has reached the appropriate loyalty level, not just those in the higher grade cabins. So, come on Azamara, give us loyal passengers something worthwhile.

• Like 7

On 2/22/2020 at 6:17 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I have had it confirmed today by Sandra, the LCV Ambassador that I am opted out of all emails from the Royal group. This has to have happened since January 7th and when I was on Journey. I'm in the process of finding out exactly what I did to achieve this and if I find out I will post here. 

Phil 

Just to come back on this, they have had a look and see no reason why I should have been removed from the list. A "glitch" on the system. Not sure what that is?  I didn't get the loyalty email, but didn't miss much. 

Phil 

3 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Our emails from Azamara seem to have completely dried up , had nothing since our cruise last June.

I can't even be bothered to chase them up, their loss has I am not that interested any more.

Same here. So many people on this forum, including Bonnie gave me advice on how to get back on the email list but nothing worked. I don’t even get the US ones never mind the UK ones and nothing from LCV or whatever they are called now. 🤷‍♀️ I have lost interest. 

31 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

Same here. So many people on this forum, including Bonnie gave me advice on how to get back on the email list but nothing worked. I don’t even get the US ones never mind the UK ones and nothing from LCV or whatever they are called now. 🤷‍♀️ I have lost interest. 

I’m sorry to hear you’re not getting our emails. 

Please write to our loyaltyambassador@azamara.com and our team will work with you to get to the bottom of it. We definitely want everyone who wants our emails to get them!

9 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I’m sorry to hear you’re not getting our emails. 

Please write to our loyaltyambassador@azamara.com and our team will work with you to get to the bottom of it. We definitely want everyone who wants our emails to get them!

Bonnie, saying that is fine, but Azamara obviously don't want it that much because there are so many of us not getting them, try as we may!

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Our emails from Azamara seem to have completely dried up , had nothing since our cruise last June.

I can't even be bothered to chase them up, their loss has I am not that interested any more.

We had lots of emails promoting add ons and upgrades prior to our cruise but practical nothing since.

Maybe because I ignored all the overpriced things that they were promoting and refused to make a bid on the upgrade system.

• Like 1