Loyalty Program Update?

CA Oceanfront

8 hours ago, hkr1216 said:

Laurie is correct.  The email begins, “Dear Travel Partner”, which is missing from the OP photo.

I wish CAOceanfront had disclosed that at the start. It might have saved some angst here, if they should have shared it at all. Sounds like it was embargoed?

Phil 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I wish CAOceanfront had disclosed that at the start. It might have saved some angst here, if they should have shared it at all. Sounds like it was embargoed?

Phil 

Yep, we whiled away a few hours discussing  the finer points of an email that we had no possibility of receiving! When I clicked through the screen shot from the OP ,it proved it was no ordinary email.

But the good news Phil is that you found out you had fallen off the list again and are now hopefully back on it again! 🤣👍 Every cloud......! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, doubled said:

Will be interesting to see what the changes are.  Hopefully wi-fi and laundry will be part of it.

Perhaps WiFi and laundry benefits could go back to their previous levels.  These "loyalty" benefits are now higher on Celebrity than they are on Azamara. This wasn't always the case.  

One bag of laundry to be shared by two people, both of whom are Discoverer +, on a 13 day cruise cruise is a bad joke.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tgg said:

Perhaps WiFi and laundry benefits could go back to their previous levels.  These "loyalty" benefits are now higher on Celebrity than they are on Azamara. This wasn't always the case.  

One bag of laundry to be shared by two people, both of whom are Discoverer +, on a 13 day cruise cruise is a bad joke.  

Totally agree and I have experienced both.  Ironically your Azamara example is one that I will encounter in a few weeks time! 

On 2/23/2020 at 9:49 AM, tgg said:

It was odd that Azamara decreased the laundry loyalty benefit. On Celebrity, as elite plus, I get 2 bags of laundry per cruise. My spouse also gets 2 bags per cruise. That gives us 4 bags on every cruise. On Azamara, we got one bag to share.  This makes Azamara a more upscale brand?  Azamara has self service laundry rooms that you can use. Doing my own laundry on vacation as opposed to sending it out is a true step in the wrong direction.  I certainly hope that Azamara will match or exceed Celebrity benefits.  

• Like 1

In spite of Azamara’s previous record of listening to its guests they are notably silent on loyalty benefits. Updates to their detriment (like the new bidding for upgrade scheme) seem more common. I think the limitations of the laundry rooms on the ship and crew manning them is an issue for the laundry perk. 

I also believe that Azamara place too much value on free nights that aren't so free and booking onboard loyalty discounts that no longer represent such a good deal when one can wait for the various promotions that they run and save more money. I used to make onboard bookings regularly. I haven't done one for some time. That tells me a story. 

I await being nicely surprised with new benefits, but confidence is low. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 4

I have to agree. I have however noticed a significant increase in the days that the paid for laundry promotion is offered onboard so the laundry does have capacity for revenue generation.  
I too am in a position where none of the benefits except the WiFi are of any value. This has made it easier to choose to spend vacations elsewhere and to engage with other lines. 
I will be interested to see if my view on future plans changes this weekend. 

The only significant LCV benefit was getting priority for upgrades under the former program.  Getting an upgrade from a veranda to a club continent suite gave value measured in four digits.  The value of more laundry is measured in two or at most three digits.  Same with internet.

Took me 41 Azamara cruises to get to Platinum and the 10% onboard booking discount.  Took one Windstar cruise to get the same 10%.

Unless they restore the upgrade priority to something very significant, whatever they do will be just eyewash.

• Like 1

I come from a different perspective because we're only at the Explorer level, but I really appreciate that we get a bag of laundry on Azamara, because we don't on Celebrity.  The current internet benefit on Azamara is better than X, too, for Explorer.  Were I at a higher level and had better benefits on X than Azamara, though, I'd certainly be scratching my head as to why the "better" brand wasn't at least matching benefits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

I come from a different perspective because we're only at the Explorer level, but I really appreciate that we get a bag of laundry on Azamara, because we don't on Celebrity.  The current internet benefit on Azamara is better than X, too, for Explorer.  Were I at a higher level and had better benefits on X than Azamara, though, I'd certainly be scratching my head as to why the "better" brand wasn't at least matching benefits.

A loyalty program that comparably rewards its lower tiers more than the higher ones shows how messed up it is!

Phil

• Like 1