Cancelling 10 days out

1 minute ago, b_cruise said:

What $ will I Lose? My TA doesn’t seem to respond to my emails. Ugh. I realize must of it but what about 

port fees?

tax?

gratuities?

You will lose 100% of your cruise fare.

Port fees, taxes and gratuities will be refunded

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

if you are concerned about the virus, wait for an official cancel and then take the certificate.

If you have an illness yourself, check your insurance policy. 

good luck  what ship?

Looks like they are on Freedom.  Little chance of that sailing being cancelled. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like they are on Freedom.  Little chance of that sailing being cancelled. 

Yea I am on the Symphony on April 25th.  

So much can change in a few weeks.  I mean look at the last 3 weeks.

Even the stock market did not start reacting until just 2 weeks ago.

Like I keep saying Time will tell.

Watch CNN tonight at 10pm EST when Sanjay Gupta will be on to discuss the virus issue

Is not there a meeting with the ship directors Saturday too.  Yes Freedom out of San Juan 7 day. 

Honestly, and I know a lot will not agree with me, but I think all cruises should be stopped for a while or at least give people future cruise credits. It is stressing a lot of people out. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Can always just go to the cruise terminal and tell them you're not feeling well.......fake a cough, tell them you have a sore throat....and wear extra clothes so you're hot and sweaty.....bingo, instant refund. 

hahaha.. I thought of it! But I'm too damn honest... I do however have a hair dresser from Northern Italy

34 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Can always just go to the cruise terminal and tell them you're not feeling well.......fake a cough, tell them you have a sore throat....and wear extra clothes so you're hot and sweaty.....bingo, instant refund. 

Not likely.  Unless you have a fever of course.

Supposed to sail next week and just got an email from RCI with the following:

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

Edited by mt99808
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mt99808 said:

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

Good move by Royal. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mt99808 said:

But if you get denied boarding at the pier you get a full refund. 

• Like 1

As he said earlier......some may not agree.  However, my spin on this it's VERY similar to the flu.  Same mortality rate.  It's media propaganda.  It's like the news - watch it and then formulate your own opinion.  

• Like 2

If you show up and are denied boarding it's a FCC. 

If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any precruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

2 hours ago, mt99808 said:

That will require a drs note to verify.  Just went through this for a client. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

The person denied boarding will get a refund, but what about the rest of the travel party?  If they are healthy, are they also refunded the fare?

I read in one of the cruise boards the family got to the port, the Toddler had  a fever ( denied boarding) and only provided 1 future cruise credit . The family is fighting with the cruise line. It could even be royal- not sure what line I read this in 

Just now, b_cruise said:

I read in one of the cruise boards the family got to the port, the Toddler had  a fever ( denied boarding) and only provided 1 future cruise credit . The family is fighting with the cruise line. It could even be royal- not sure what line I read this in 

Yes it was here and yes they got the issue resolved.  They were incorrectly told that the fcc was only for the actual person.  It was satisfactorily resolved. 

Besides losing 100% of your cruise fare also consider your flights, losses are different depending on the airline. Do you have a prepaid non-refundable hotel in San Juan?

Now that they are checking temperature of all passengers there is even less chance you will catch the virus on your cruise. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Now that they are checking temperature of all passengers there is even less chance you will catch the virus on your cruise. 

I’m not so sure about that.  I view it more of a feel good measure that pits on a front like “look at all the extra precautions we are taking” when knowing that in reality carriers are asymptomatic for long period of time which is the real risk.  In realty there are most likely very few people who are actually trying to board with a known fever and this’d that are willing to board with a fever will resort to other measures to mask the fever so they can still travel.  

At the end end of the day I think this new measure will do little to stop the spread of this virus. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m not so sure about that.  I view it more of a feel good measure that pits on a front like “look at all the extra precautions we are taking” when knowing that in reality carriers are asymptomatic for long period of time which is the real risk.  In realty there are most likely very few people who are actually trying to board with a known fever and this’d that are willing to board with a fever will resort to other measures to mask the fever so they can still travel.  

At the end end of the day I think this new measure will do little to stop the spread of this virus. 

I think u are right. I heard when we had the SARS outbreak, the fever checking did not catch anyone but at least it is good they are checking