Arcadia world cruise - more possible itinerary changes.

Ukulele girl

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why have all the posts about other media sites been deleted? There us lots of information about Arcadia available , but the mods shut down everything. 

Appalling behaviour 

Careful wowzz, similar comments cost me 7 days suspension.

41 minutes ago, Ukulele girl said:

Thank you to everyone for the information about Arcadia's position etc. It has helped me to feel less concerned.

You may find this website useful:-  https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9226906  You just need to insert the name of the ship and then click the green "position" tab on the screen that comes up and then adjust the +/- to get the correct size of screen to show the position of the ship relative to Africa.  AIS is another site that is mentioned, but I have found that wants me to accept cookies recently and I am not prepared to do that.

Thanks for the update - I hope your sister continues to enjoy the time on board. 

7 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Or North Lincolnshire?⬆️

I think there might be a stump between us?

Running out of apples for teacher!

I get the Boston link, but the apple reference is beyond me!

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Me too, a couple of weeks ago. 

Just like being in Stalinist Russia!

I received this warning.  It might help others to avoid warnings, and where to take the matter up:

Note for member

Discussion of the management of this Community, including post removals, member suspensions, or any rule of participation is not allowed.

We will be answering any questions about moderation of this community via email, please write to community@cruisecritic.com.

Tring - thank you for that, it will be helpful.

I have a very big world map on the landing with a sheet of perspex over it. We use small footprint stickers to mark the places we have been across the world. I have been using a small suction childish toy to track my sister since January and have enjoyed knowing where she is all the time. Recently the toy has been wandering aimlessly around the oceans! Now I can track accurately again. Any small distraction is welcome in the current lock-down.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tring said:

The Grand Princess cruise that had COVID 19 problems recently had the roll call for the original cruise which people who were on the cruise could continue to post on and where using it to communicate with each other.  Other CC members could access it to read, but where not allowed to post on it, so it was kept clear for the passengers as well as being first hand information about the ship as it was at the time.

Not sure if anyone on Arcadia has thought of posting on their original roll call (assuming there would be one), but could be a good way forward and it also meant that posts were not drowned in the chatter and opinions that over ride much information on social media and which I find very irritating at times.

We were on this cruise until San Francisco, there was a roll call but nothing has been posted since we left Southampton. 

3 hours ago, Tommart said:

I received this warning.  It might help others to avoid warnings, and where to take the matter up:

Note for member

Discussion of the management of this Community, including post removals, member suspensions, or any rule of participation is not allowed.

We will be answering any questions about moderation of this community via email, please write to community@cruisecritic.com.

In these difficult times, I feel it sad that the mods are still removing posts that are designed to help people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Apple for teacher, keeps us all in line.

Dunces Hat! Stand in the corner!

I am a teacher, could you forward my apple please.

😎

18 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

It’s highly accurate. Currently off Sierra Leone.

Due Tenerife on 8/4 and Southampton on 12/4.

I was having a senior moment, thinking she had already reached Southampton for some reason. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Tommart said:

Rarely can so many people be so keen to return home - I think we need a welcome party.

It will be interesting to hear their stories. 

A previously regular poster on here (Hamish) did back to back Ventura over Christmas then the Worldie, so hopefully he will give us some insight. 

I wonder if they realise the severity of what they are coming back to.. 

Andy