Carnival owns:

Princess

AIDA

Dearborn

Cunard

P&O

Holland America

Costa

None of the others have announced shutting down. Sure seems 2 major disasters with COVID - Diamond & Grand are the reason that Princess suspended.

Could it be their insurer was involved?

I don't see how AIDA can continue operating any Caribbean cruises as they are a German cruise line and no Germans will be able to get into the United States for at least the next 30 days.

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I’m sure all the cruise lines will follow. Princess is owned by Carnival so I expect Cunard, Costa, HAL and Carnival to be next since they are all part of that cruise family. Then there will be pressure on the Royal family, NCL, MSC, etc. to do the same. They are all likely scrambling to create their cancellation plans as we speak.

Maybe it's just me, but I wonder about Carnival Corp suspending Princess cruises for 60 days but none of their other brands.  It seems that it may be a financial decision (safer to cancel than sail a ship that is less than 50% booked) based on all the bad publicity.  If this is truly a safety precaution why not suspend all brands under their corporate umbrella?   hmm....

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

My cruise starts and ends in Vancouver (7 days). The other stops along my way are by air.

Probably a substantial risk that entree by air may be prohibited in a variety of countries in the near future.

Best wishes on your journey.

7 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I don't see how AIDA can continue operating any Caribbean cruises as they are a German cruise line and no Germans will be able to get into the United States for at least the next 30 days.

Because their Caribbean cruises don't originate in the US.  Barbados seems to be their home port in the Caribbean

12 hours ago, smogfarmgirl said:

We haven't had a vacation in 5 years, and this was our FIRST cruise ever! We were sooooo looking forward to it! We are still considering going if Celebrity doesn't cancel, but the possibility of being quarantined if anyone turns up sick at all on the ship for 14 days would be a financial hit we can't take.  We work from home, so if they would just let us off to self-isolate (kinda like the flight at PBIA this morning) then no worries, we'd go in a heartbeat!

You don't want your first cruise experience under these conditions. I hope they cancel and give you your money back plus FCC so you can enjoy a true cruise experience without worrying every time someone coughs or sneezes or worse if you get sick.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

That's already an incorrect assumption. Being German or whatever nationality doesn't mean scrap. If you stayed in Germany or the Schengen Area during the last 14 DAYS however then you can't enter. Otherwise you're free to go. So if you're on the ship for 2 weeks and arrive in Miami for example that's not a problem. Assuming the ship doesn't have any issues and is allowed to dock in the first place.

This regulation is valid for 30 DAYS or until the administration makes modifications to the decree.

Edited by Fly and Sail

18 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

AIDA just came to the same conclusion and suspended all cruises until early April.

• Like 1

We’re booked on the Infinity for a TA starting Apr 25 followed by an 12 day western Med cruise. If the current EU restrictions are kept in place, we’re wondering how X is going to handle excursions at all of the affected EU ports if you are not allowed to initially embark on a cruise if you have visited one of the many EU countries within the past 14 days on the list? Hopefully the CV will be on a massive decline by then, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re booked on the Infinity for a TA starting Apr 25 followed by an 12 day western Med cruise. If the current EU restrictions are kept in place, we’re wondering how X is going to handle excursions at all of the affected EU ports if you are not allowed to initially embark on a cruise if you have visited one of the many EU countries within the past 14 days on the list? Hopefully the CV will be on a massive decline by then, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

We are also booked for the crossing. My husband won't qualify according to the new 70's quidelines. Now we will wait to see if Celebrity cancels the crossing want refund not FCC

Ontario Cruiser

21 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Hmmm.

Princess is owned by Carnival.

Carnival owns:

Princess

AIDA

Dearborn

Cunard

P&O

Holland America

Costa

None of the others have announced shutting down. Sure seems 2 major disasters with COVID - Diamond & Grand are the reason that Princess suspended.

Could it be their insurer was involved?

Since yesterday add AIDA, and just now, Costa: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22596-costa-to-pause-all-cruises-until-april.html