LATEST Carnival stance per John Healf

Eli_6

5 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I called Carnival this morning and asked if it was a special form I needed. They said “no”. It is just a letter from your health care provider that you are fit to sail. My hubby is 70 years old and needs to get one. Our cruise is April 5.

You actually got through to Carnival?? :classic_ohmy: Congratulations! How long were you on hold?

44 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

You actually got through to Carnival?? :classic_ohmy: Congratulations! How long were you on hold?

2 hours on hold. I upgraded to a balcony from an inside for $60 ($30pp). But we are still wavering on cancelling. Our adult children are freaking out, and really pressuring us to cancel. Making us feel irresponsible for going. This is our 50th Anniversary and have had this booked for 2 years. 😢

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I called Carnival this morning and asked if it was a special form I needed. They said “no”. It is just a letter from your health care provider that you are fit to sail. My hubby is 70 years old and needs to get one. Our cruise is April 5.

Thank you!! I wasn't waiting I called the doctor's office an got an appointment for next week! She said that we had to go in so she could try to talk us out of it!!! Fat chance!!!! 

However, she did seem to know what I was talking about when I said fit to cruise statement.

Thanks again

36 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Thank you!! I wasn't waiting I called the doctor's office an got an appointment for next week! She said that we had to go in so she could try to talk us out of it!!! Fat chance!!!! 

However, she did seem to know what I was talking about when I said fit to cruise statement.

Thanks again

I imagine most doctors will actually attempt to talk patients out of taking the cruise.   I foresee cruise lines voluntarily canceling cruises to avoid the chaotic response.  

We sail April 4.......husband Diabetic....so I know we will be denied boarding. DOES THE FCC AND 600.00 OBC apply to that sailing too.....or just the March 13 to 16th sailings (I saw those dates in John Healds letter here.....havent gotten anything from Carnival),,,,,,,,thinking that may be a better deal than waiting to see if Carnival cancels and only get 25%? Thoughts appreciated!!

10 hours ago, sabres431 said:

THREE Months for a refund?? Holy crap.

Hopefully, they don't go into bankruptcy reorganization before then or the refunds could go down the tubes with their other obligations. Not that I think that is likely, but I don't think it's totally impossible either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Hopefully, they don't go into bankruptcy reorganization before then or the refunds could go down the tubes with their other obligations. Not that I think that is likely, but I don't think it's totally impossible either.

Honestly, that’s been my fear, too. Like you said, probably not going to happen but you never know. 

57 minutes ago, Ariel1985 said:

Honestly, that’s been my fear, too. Like you said, probably not going to happen but you never know. 

I too have worried about the financial impact  this will have on Carnival. They have had to pay some significant fines for the pollution matters. And now this. I can’t imagine they’re not bleeding a little. 

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Gl, there is an example ot the 'fit to sail', doctors' letter that someone posted on the forum last night. It was a sample from RCCL. I don't know which thread though. :classic_unsure:

7 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

If it has his name and MD after it and he signs it you are good.

Thanks, guys. I imagined it would be something like that. Have a Doctor's appt on Monday so I'll have him include that. Well, off to the search for another bargain cruise. With my luck if it gets much worse, Carnival will probably suspend rather than continue at huge losses. Although, I would assume suspending would generate monstrous losses as well. Oh well, it's none of my business. Thanks again. 😉

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lensonlife said:

I too have worried about the financial impact  this will have on Carnival. They have had to pay some significant fines for the pollution matters. And now this. I can’t imagine they’re not bleeding a little. 

I am so worried for all the cruise ship staff.  I want to say I believe the cruise lines will do right by them..but...

• Like 1

Here is the Letter - Email you will get from Carnival Soon and you won't have to call and wait on hold.

*********************************************************************************************************

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are sorry to share the news that Carnival Cruise Line is temporarily pausing service, effective with sailings departing Saturday, March 14 through April 09, 2020 across its fleet of North America based ships. We will resume service on April 10, 2020.

As you know, COVID-19 has now turned into a global pandemic. Carnival has responded by implementing higher levels of screening, monitoring and sanitation protocols to protect the health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we serve. We have had no diagnosed cases linked to our operations and we are committed to continuing to do our part to support public officials in their efforts to manage and contain this unprecedented public health situation.

On behalf of all of us at Carnival Cruise Line, we extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to your vacation plans and trust you understand this decision was made with everyone’s best interest at heart.

Since we’d love nothing more than to welcome you back just as soon as we resume operations, we’re pleased to present the following options:

image.png.19fc13e02fb1079f9760915e12114cb2.png

·  Please complete [LINK REMOVED] to let us know which option you prefer. We have automated the process to eliminate any need to call us. Nothing further is needed from you except this form. Please be patient if you reach out to us as we are experiencing high call volume.

·  You have until December 31, 2020 to make a selection or you will automatically receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

·  Whichever option you select, it will apply to all guests on the reservation.

Regardless of the option you select, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and
Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you have independent air, we encourage you to contact your airline carrier directly as they are being flexible with change fees.

Once again, we want to say how sorry we are that we won’t be able to continue with our plans to operate your cruise. Thanks for hanging in there with us. We look forward welcoming you aboard a Carnival cruise in the future!

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy
President

8 hours ago, glrounds said:

Thanks, guys. I imagined it would be something like that. Have a Doctor's appt on Monday so I'll have him include that. Well, off to the search for another bargain cruise. With my luck if it gets much worse, Carnival will probably suspend rather than continue at huge losses. Although, I would assume suspending would generate monstrous losses as well. Oh well, it's none of my business. Thanks again. 😉

After scoring an unbelievable upgrade to a balcony for both legs of my B2B, I found out last night that the first leg (April5-11) was cancelled. 😢 We were so looking forward to our first B2B. So far they have left me with the second leg (April 11-19) unless they further the suspension at some point. In the meantime, we will start our drive down, as we have reservations for places along the way, but now need to figure out what to do from April 5-11. 

On 3/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, princess76021 said:

Thanks again

More likely you have to go in so she can bill your insurance for an office visit PLUS the fee for the letter (our doctor charges $25 for filling out forms like that). 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 5:40 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Have you ever requested a sharps container?  My late SO was diabetic and stewards are still asking me if I need one, almost three years later.

It amazes me what the stewards remember.  I'm a psych nurse practitioner (ARNP) and have difficulty remembering anyone's name unless they presented a bad problem, i.e. were nasty or threw things.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, glrounds said:

He can just write it on his prescription pad, no need for letterhead as prescription pad has ID on it.

9 minutes ago, crusinpsychRN said:

It amazes me what the stewards remember.  I'm a psych nurse practitioner (ARNP) and have difficulty remembering anyone's name unless they presented a bad problem, i.e. were nasty or threw things.

I think our accounts are flagged.  And it is probably not a good idea to hint at diabetes when trying to move from late seating to early 🙄

On 3/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, crusinpsychRN said:

He can just write it on his prescription pad, no need for letterhead as prescription pad has ID on it.

Couldn't think of the name of it and called it a letterhead. It was, indeed, his prescription pad. Thanks for the clarity. 🙂